Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Penei Sewll was watching game
(12-22-2020, 09:34 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Teams gotta stop taking the bait with OSU QBs.

next year they can do that....this year we WANT the Jets to take the bait.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
We could beat Houston. Houston has draft incentive to lose to us. The Panthers and Houston have 4 wins...and we'd jump them.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 09:34 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Teams gotta stop taking the bait with OSU QBs.

Could be something there, but they've only been running an NFL style of offense since Day got there as OC. Before that, it was WRs playing QB. With Dwayne Haskins, OSU told him he wasn't ready for the NFL and he'd be better off staying another year. They also told NFL teams the same and that's why he fell. He would have fell further if Washington's owner was competent.

I've been reading they are telling Fields he'd be better off long-term staying another year but he won't because of $ (I don't blame him). I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped. Just need the Jets to fall in love with a QB.
Reply/Quote

COuld never figure out how a team as elite as OSU fails to develop an NFL caliber QB.  Youd think one or 2 over the years would be productive in the NFL but the ones that make it, are average to below average.  
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 03:10 AM)Cicero Wrote: As a Buckeye fan I really was surprised about how hard the Bearcats got hosed. They deserved a shot. Then they added insult to injury by not giving you guys a new years six bowl. You do have a helluva good coach though. 

Bearcats are in the Peach Bowl (a NY6 Bowl).  I never thought they had a realistic chance at the playoff.  But putting Florida above them coming off of two straight losses and having a mediocre Oklahoma team above them was a blatant insult.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:56 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Really hope that the Jags find some way to win another game.

I can't believe the Jets f'd up the #1 pick. 
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:49 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Lets hope Fields has two unbelievable games!  

I doubt Ohio St beats Clemson, but I guess anything is possible.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So I guess the thinking is- if JAX picks 1 they’ll take TL. If NYJ are 2- they may not be looking QB- if so, that NO. 2 pick should be available for the right price. Idk what that would be. Would Sewell be worth the price to move up one spot? What’s the price?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 12:39 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: So I guess the thinking is- if JAX picks 1 they’ll take TL. If NYJ are 2- they may not be looking QB- if so, that NO. 2 pick should be available for the right price. Idk what that would be. Would Sewell be worth the price to move up one spot? What’s the price?

I would give our 3-5 pick overall and a our 3rd pick in this years draft to get Sewell. Probably not enough but  that is allI would offer.
If not I would consider our 3-5 pick in the first round and Joe Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 12:39 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: So I guess the thinking is- if JAX picks 1 they’ll take TL. If NYJ are 2- they may not be looking QB- if so, that NO. 2 pick should be available for the right price. Idk what that would be. Would Sewell be worth the price to move up one spot? What’s the price?

Too high.

This draft does have some good tackles. Sewell is one of the best of them, but if someone jumps in front of us or we fall back to four or the jets take him, then it's not the end of the world. Honestly, I'd be better with dropping back and getting more picks than throwing a bunch of picks at trading up one.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:51 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Absolutely.  Not hard to root for OSU anyways, even though I am bummed about the Bearcats and mad at college football playoffs.

I went to OSU and I think it's bullshit. The NCAA exposed itself once and for all for the money grubbing, predetermined sham that it is.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 09:30 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Since when? Haskins was a middle first rounder. JT was undrafted. Cardale was fourth round.

I know... They act like Ohio State is steady putting QBs into the NFL. Imran they did recruit Burrow, and I actually got to see him get some plying time in person vs Nebraska a few years back... But still.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 09:30 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Since when?  Haskins was a middle first rounder.  JT was undrafted. Cardale was fourth round.

... Since there's never been a good one and yet they still get drafted.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 03:00 AM)Older Than You Too Wrote: I think QB goes 1 and 2, even with Fields' off day. I'm not sure why teams still draft Buckeye QBs high, but let's hope the trend stays in style.

Well sucks to be them, for this Draft there won't be any Sooner QB's for them to draft!! Try again in a couple of years when Rattler is eligible.
Reply/Quote
I do wonder if jets do pick Sewell whether we entertain dropping back. There are enough teams desperate for a qb that we may get good value.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 06:52 AM)Bernards watch Wrote: I do wonder if jets do pick Sewell whether we entertain dropping back. There are enough teams desperate for a qb that we may get good value.

They should listen to offers even if Sewell is there. I just don’t want them to drop back too far. Right now the only team picking after us in the top 10 that I’d say is a lock for taking a QB is Carolina.

Reply/Quote
I agree there does seem to be a lack of trade options currently. We will have to wait and see. I just think outside of Sewell there is nothing that is worth that high a pick for us. Only maybe the CB
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 07:18 AM)Bernards watch Wrote: I agree there does seem to be a lack of trade options currently. We will have to wait and see. I just think outside of Sewell there is nothing that is worth that high a pick for us. Only maybe the CB

Chase is worth it, imo. He would be even without the Burrow connection, but that’s just a huge plus.

Reply/Quote