Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
People are Sleeping on us, and that's okay
When I've gone through social media and listened to pundits, i'm getting the impression that the Bengals are a second thought to teams like KC, Baltimore, Houston, and San Francisco. People are still high on us, but there's too many outside variables for people to be comfortable with penning us in as the favorites to take down Kansas City.

If Burrow stays healthy,

If the O line can block better.

If the defense isn't as bad.

If you multiple pi by the square root of my girlfriend's ass.

Then maybe, maybe, the Bengals have a shot. It's almost like...it's the same vibes as the the 2021 season.

Honestly, I have tempered expectations going into the season, which is usually a recipe for me having a better time. When the Bengals exceeded my expectations time and time again in '21. it was the most fun I ever had as a Bengals fan. Honestly, I kind of miss those times.
Reply/Quote
It's a wait and see with Burrow. It is what it is.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2024, 12:16 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's a wait and see with Burrow. It is what it is.

Yep it’s pretty straightforward - going into his fifth year they missed the playoffs during the 2 seasons he was hurt and advanced to a SB and the AFCCG during the two seasons that he wasn’t hurt at the end of the year.

ESPN has the Bengals ranked 9th - behind Miami and Buffalo which I find funny as those teams haven’t done much of anything in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2024, 12:45 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Yep it’s pretty straightforward - going into his fifth year they missed the playoffs during the 2 seasons he was hurt and advanced to a SB and the AFCCG during the two seasons that he wasn’t hurt at the end of the year.

ESPN has the Bengals ranked 9th - behind Miami and Buffalo which I find funny as those teams haven’t done much of anything in the playoffs.

Not to mention that both teams underwent big roster turnovers as both were up against the cap heading into the offseason. At this very moment, I would consider both of their rosters less talented than last season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Being under-rated and over looked, is under-rated.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2024, 12:45 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: ESPN has the Bengals ranked 9th - behind Miami and Buffalo which I find funny as those teams haven’t done much of anything in the playoffs.

They both made the playoffs last year, weren't last in their division, and have QBs that aren't coming back from throwing wrist surgery.

We can't say any of those... though I do think both of their rosters took hits talent-wise.

Also it's a pretty big what-have-you-done-lately league with the amount of turnover we have. 2 years ago when we went to the AFCC, the Chargers, Giants, Seahawks, Jaguars, and Vikings (who were 13-4) were all in the playoffs. Where are they ranked now?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
People always sleep on us. I can't remember a time when we have been looked at objectively and evaluated based on the talent on our team.

I think a big part of that is that we're such a small market and we're also in the same division as the Steelers and Ravens (I realize that they are also small market areas, but their histories make them popular enough for that not to matter).

Health is always key, but this is the best line that Burrow has ever had protecting him and he took us to the Super Bowl and AFCC game with shitty lines, so I'm feeling pretty good about our possibilities this year.

Vegas isn't really sleeping on us, though, as we currently have the fifth-best odds to win the Super Bowl.

Burrow is tied for the third-best odds to win MVP, which is a bummer because I think that, if he stays healthy, which he should now that he'll be better protected, he's actually the favorite to win it.

I think people start hopping on our bandwagon after we win a few games and look like a well-oiled machine!
Reply/Quote
Didn't we finish 4th in the AFC north last year?
Reply/Quote
Until Burrow takes a few hits and doesn’t shatter in to a million pieces or his wrist doesn’t pop when he throws a deep ball to Chase I’m keeping my powder dry screaming we are the best team in the NFL.

Now if Burrow has a fully healthy season as do Chase and Tee then we have a massive chance to go win it this year but for once the media are probably right overlooking us until we know where we are at with Joey B.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2024, 12:13 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: When I've gone through social media and listened to pundits, i'm getting the impression that the Bengals are a second thought to teams like KC, Baltimore, Houston, and San Francisco. People are still high on us, but there's too many outside variables for people to be comfortable with penning us in as the favorites to take down Kansas City.

If Burrow stays healthy,

Then maybe, maybe, the Bengals have a shot. It's almost like...it's the same vibes as the the 2021 season.

Honestly, I have tempered expectations going into the season, which is usually a recipe for me having a better time. When the Bengals exceeded my expectations time and time again in '21. it was the most fun I ever had as a Bengals fan. Honestly, I kind of miss those times.

Until I see it I’m taking kc and Baltimore over us too. Better coached better rosters where it matters typically yr in yr out. When Lamar healthy Baltimore gets us. Id rather race Kc honestly than Baltimore
Reply/Quote
I'd say we're the least slept-on non-playoff team from last year
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Multiply my ass by pi and it'll look like a couple of loogies spit on a couple of long thin popsicle sticks, but it used to be roundish a long time ago. Mellow I hope that helps.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
After the schedule release, Vegas has the Bengals with the second-highest win total at 10.5

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Eh, I have heard a lot of people saying we are the team to beat the Chiefs with a healthy Joe Burrow.

Even people I cannot stand like Stephen A Smith. Most don't think there is a team that can beat them if Burrow isn't healthy.

Kind of proved it last playoffs and in the Super Bowl too. The one team that has beat the Chiefs is the Bengals with Burrow and even
in our game last year, we gave them a run for their money with our backup QB. I know this is specifically talking about the Chiefs but you
have to beat the best to win it all and they are the Champs whether we like it or not.

I think most have wakened up and don't look at the Bengals as pushovers anymore. If our trenches are muchly improved and Burrow is
healthy I am expecting a deep run in the Playoffs and at least a SB appearance and to be favorites in the SB unless an NFC team like the
49ers, Lions or Eagles have a great year and are just completely dominant.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2024, 12:13 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: When I've gone through social media and listened to pundits, i'm getting the impression that the Bengals are a second thought to teams like KC, Baltimore, Houston, and San Francisco. People are still high on us, but there's too many outside variables for people to be comfortable with penning us in as the favorites to take down Kansas City.

If Burrow stays healthy,

Honestly, I have tempered expectations going into the season, which is usually a recipe for me having a better time.  When the Bengals exceeded my expectations time and time again in '21. it was the most fun I ever had as a Bengals fan. Honestly, I kind of miss those times.
That a trick question, it would be impossible bc its a prime number.
Don't mock kids who believe in Santa, while adults still believe in Fox News.  

Reply/Quote

If Burrow stays healthy,

(05-13-2024, 12:16 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's a wait and see with Burrow. It is what it is.

(05-13-2024, 12:45 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Yep it’s pretty straightforward - going into his fifth year they missed the playoffs during the 2 seasons he was hurt and advanced to a SB and the AFCCG during the two seasons that he wasn’t hurt at the end of the year.

The ‘23 Super Bowl odds (7-21-23) had the Ravens 8th. Why? Because Lamar had missed a lot of games 2 years in a row. The same had us 5th. Now we are 9th. Exact same deal. Nothing more nothing less.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

If Burrow stays healthy,

Overall i was happy how we finished with Browning, we did not just fall apart, hopefully the defense rebuilds and we have a healthy Burrow but if we have to roll with Browning early I still think we can be competitive for a period of time before Burrow comes back
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2024, 01:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, I have heard a lot of people saying we are the team to beat the Chiefs with a healthy Joe Burrow.

Even people I cannot stand like Stephen A Smith. Most don't think there is a team that can beat them if Burrow isn't healthy.

Kind of proved it last playoffs and in the Super Bowl too. The one team that has beat the Chiefs is the Bengals with Burrow and even
in our game last year, we gave them a run for their money with our backup QB. I know this is specifically talking about the Chiefs but you
have to beat the best to win it all and they are the Champs whether we like it or not.

I think most have wakened up and don't look at the Bengals as pushovers anymore. If our trenches are muchly improved and Burrow is
healthy I am expecting a deep run in the Playoffs and at least a SB appearance and to be favorites in the SB unless an NFC team like the
49ers, Lions or Eagles have a great year and are just completely dominant.

Baltimore could certainly beat the Chiefs too but the Chiefs defense made Lamarr look lost in the AFC Championship game.  Im not sold Lamarr can get the job done against an elite defense.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2024, 06:57 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Baltimore could certainly beat the Chiefs too but the Chiefs defense made Lamarr look lost in the AFC Championship game.  Im not sold Lamarr can get the job done against an elite defense.

Have the Chiefs even addresses WR? After Kelce, who's Patty going to throw to, Kadarius Toney??
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 08:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Have the Chiefs even addresses WR? After Kelce, who's Patty going to throw to, Kadarius Toney??

They took Worthy in the 1st. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote