Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
People are buying into the media narrative..
(01-10-2016, 12:14 PM)hitchopottimus Wrote: People need to watch the Burfict play with their own eyes and not just listen to what people are saying about it. He wasn't late, he aimed chest high, and led with his shoulder. The fact that the receiver his head low and got hit makes it a penalty, because the rule doesn't allow for excuses, but it wasn't disgusting, dirty, or headhunting. It was a play that's a fair hit 90 percent of the time, and circumstances killed him on it.

It was a cheapshot, plain and simple. It wasnt even a catchable ball yet he still made sure to hit him in the head with his shoulder pad at that angle. Im done with that punk. He can take his 15 yard penalties and go elsewhere with Marvin.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:54 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Shazier lead with his helmet and struck Gio in the helmet.

That bullshit excuse that Gio is a runner and he should not be penalized is false.

That runner theory has nothing to do with how he hit Gio.

He lead with his crown and had his eyes down.

If the NFL doesn't fine Shazier there is a major problem with favoring teams and officials.

The problem, in my eyes, is two fold.

First, Williams was penalized for hitting Wheaton in the facemask with his shoulder when Wheaton had taken three steps after the catch.  Three steps, but he was not considered a runner, so it needed to be applied consistently to Gio.

So they didn't apply the rule the same, and Gio is a runner.  They clearly failed to call the crown of the helmet rule from 2013.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000238662/article/new-nfl-rules-crownofhelmet-change-to-help-runner-defender

What the rule changes: A 15-yard penalty will be called if a runner or a tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players clearly are outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle-to-tackle and from 3 yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive team's end line). Incidental contact by the helmet of a runner or a tackler against an opponent would not be deemed a foul.
Reply/Quote
I don't know if some of our players are really dirty or just really stupid, but the HC has to keep control of those situations.
Reply/Quote
Yup. It's sickening the media witch hunt that's going on right now. Even worse that some Bengals fans are buying into it.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Bottom line--the Steelers had a game plan to turn up the heat for the whole game and the Bengals were too stupid to walk away from it, which was all they ever had to do. Instead, they played right into it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:44 PM)McC Wrote: Bottom line--the Steelers had a game plan to turn up the heat for the whole game and the Bengals were too stupid to walk away from it, which was all they ever had to do.  Instead, they played right into it.

Yes...this is a spot on observation. It's too bad the players and coaches did not see this. There is no media created narrative...it is what it is. 
Reply/Quote
How does the dirty play of Mitchell, Shazier, Porter and Munchak get ignored? Oh yea thats right Pittsburg is allowed to play like that.

So as the national media, lets ignore all that and dwell on the Bengals players to draw attention away from what actually transpired.

The NFL caters to certain teams, players , coaches and owners.

When did it become legal for coaches from opposing teams to be physical with the oppositions players to draw penalties and incite them.

The Steelers should lose draft picks for this manuever. Purposely breaking the rules in the playoffs should be considered serious.

It cost the Patriots draft picks when they cheated, so whats the difference.
Reply/Quote
I'm sorry, but the Bengals fans crying about Burfict's hit are absolutely gutless and have probably never played competitive sports or been part of a team where they actually were vested in the people they worked or played with. And, if one of you nutless, gutless cowards were.... I guarantee you were just along for the ride.

- I have no problem with Burfict doing what he did. NONE. But I do have a problem with WHEN he did it.

In a team sport, when someone on the opposition takes aim at you or your teammates with hard hits or questionable shots you absolutely have to work it back in on them a little later in the game. Period. THAT is how you take care of your team when the officials won't and THAT is how you win games like that. By being vicious and ruthless and taking things past a point where the other squad won't go. There is no debating this. The Bengals cannot sit by and let the Steelers bully them around physically. But they have to be SMART. THAT is where Burfict faltered.

When Shazier did what he did to Bernard the Bengals should have done the same thing to Ben or Brown in the next two or three series. PERIOD. That is how you beat a bully. PERIOD. It is not by allowing them to tee off and pummel you and cheap shot you outside of the rules of the game. Especially when the officials are allowing it to slide and slide and slide. It should have been done, just not at that moment. I don't care if after Ben threw a ball that a player would have continued through him and speared him right in the helmet and concussed him. It is what is necessary to protect yourself.

You nutless, spineless, gutless crybaby cowards need to not only watch this scene from The Untouchables, but really soak it in and open your mind to how you stop someone as ruthless and willing to bend rules and ethics as the Steelers are: 

Reply/Quote
Media piling on this morning...
Reply/Quote
The media is trying to protect the NFL's image. That's how they are all getting rich.
Reply/Quote
There making us the new Raiders.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Oh I absolutely agree. I'm not saying Burfict is 100% innocent or anything, but other people do the things he does and worse and the refs, then media treat him differently. I was talking to someone last night on another board who even said "Shazier doesn't have the history Burfict has". So you're judging someone by their narrative? Nevermind that stuff like the Cam Newton tackle happens ALL. THE. TIME.

Maybe we should make a new narrative: Marvin Lewis is now 1-6 in playoffs, the Bengals playoff drought has ended, and to heck with what the refs say.

Reply/Quote
F#$k it if Hill doesn't fumble the melt down doesn't happen and we win the game. Honestly I DVRed the game and watch the hit Burfict did if this was 15 years ago this would have been known as a good hit. The NFL gave the Steelers the superbowl when they played the Seahawks and now they gave them this game.
Reply/Quote
The hit on Gio was a penalty period. It has nothing to do with defenseless player. Its a helmet to helmet hit its called targeting! Its illegal to lead into a player with your helmet no matter where you hit them! Let alone in the head! It should have been called.
Reply/Quote
I don't see what all the fuss is about. If Burfict would have decapitated Brown and his head rolled off the field I still wouldn't care about that hit. These guys are moving at lightning speed and imo burfict was pulling his shoulder away but brown lowered into it. this happens in the blink of an eye in real time action and you pretend like burfict is trying to kill the guy.

This game got out of control because we have taken dirty shit for over a decade from those dirty headhunting steelers and our town/players have had enough. Lewis can't control hysteria when you have coaches instigating from Pittsburgh and us getting flagged on every play while Pittsburgh headhunts our players. If you think that hit on gio was legit your totally out of your ***** mind. I am really surprised there wasn't a riot after that hit and fans attacking their team. I was losing my shit at home I can't even imagine that atmosphere in the stadium.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
What pisses me off the most is that the refs can screw us six ways from Sunday and give the Steelers a free pass on the exact same shit they call us on, but absolutely none of it matters because...

1) The Bengals are a small market team with a small fan base and no one outside of our tiny corner of the world gives a shit about us, unless it's to use us as the butt of their jokes;

2) The Steelers are a "legendary" NFL team with more bandwagon fans than Jesus and they make the NFL a hell of a lot more money than Cincinnati does; and

3) Most importantly, the Bengals never do enough to take the game completely out of the refs' (read NFL's) hands.  Our run blocking in the first half was non-existent and was the primary reason IMO that we could not score a single point (not to mention our All Pro tackle committing two false starts at home).  Then when Burfict makes a great play for what should have been the game sealer, Jeremy Hill fumbles it right back to them, giving them another chance.  Then instead of buckling down and just stopping them outright, the Bengals D allows the Steelers to drive into a position where a 15 yard flag for an illegal hit puts them in a spot to win the game (potential 50 yard FG without the Joey Porter/Adam Jones bullshit).  

All of the garbage calls from the refs were real, but how many times are the Bengals going to allow terrible officiating to decide games?  The Bengals could shut all the media up if they came out and hit someone in the mouth right out of the gate and just win the game.  Every single time the Bengals have to come from behind or allow the other team back in the game this scenario will go against them.

In the end it is on the Bengals to win games.  We can never expect anything favorable from the refs and the only way to take them totally out of the equation is to dominate the other team.  Easier said than done, for sure, but it is something the Bengals rarely do, especially in big games/postseason.  Until this organization figures it out, we can continue to expect to get the shit end of the stick.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:47 AM)milksheikh Wrote: I honestly don't know anymore..

Burfict's hit was illegal, It was serious targeting. Insane how Marvin can't control his own team.

This. All day. 

Both the Steelers and Bengals were targeting last night and have been targeting all season. Both teams are dirty. 

To sit here and act like are team isn't dirty though is doing the same thing Marvin does....enabling it. 

The more you enable it and don't call out the players, the more its going to happen and the more its going to come back and bite you. Just like last night. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:14 PM)hitchopottimus Wrote: People need to watch the Burfict play with their own eyes and not just listen to what people are saying about it. He wasn't late, he aimed chest high, and led with his shoulder. The fact that the receiver his head low and got hit makes it a penalty, because the rule doesn't allow for excuses, but it wasn't disgusting, dirty, or headhunting. It was a play that's a fair hit 90 percent of the time, and circumstances killed him on it.

He was late. Look at the hit: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tfLncD3pGM
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:31 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He was late. Look at the hit: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tfLncD3pGM

It was a flag, but it's not the attempted murder people are making it out to be. If he wanted, he could have hurt Brown. He tucked his shoulder and turned away. Contact was inevitable. 
The Shazier hit was a ton worse with worse intent. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:46 AM)tjcase85 Wrote: I am really sick of this narrative that the Bengals players are some kind of dirty scumbag team. I clicked random blogs and youtube videos and was reading the comments and this is what they said,

"I'm a cowboys fan and I watched the game, I've never seen more dirty team than the bengals"

"Bengals are a Friggen joke, burfict should be banned "

"Bengals are the dirtiest team in football"

Wait, what did I miss? Where exactly did the bengals show they were the dirtiest team in the NFL? It's because the NFL media has a narrative. No one outside Bengals fans know what we have gone through here with the Steelers targeting players to win the game. (Palmer,huber,eifert,gio,etc). After the no call on Gio, the Bengals knew they were getting jobbed so they starting playing like the Steelers. The Bengals earned the playoff game, the stoolers were lucky to even be there. Steelers got away with murder the whole game..
The burfict hit was not an illegals hit, yet gets called for a PF??
Then jones gets a PF for a coach taunting him on the field??

THE BENGALS DID NOT PLAY DIRTY, THEY PLAYED LIKE STEELERS! SO SICK OF EVERYONE PAINTING THE BENGALS OUT AS THE BAD GUYS! They lost because of the fumble, not because they did some cheap shots.

Sorry if this is all over the place, took about 30 min with breaks in between.

I feel you're pain, I really do.  That was a good way to vent and express precisely what has been going on.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote