Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
People are buying into the media narrative..
(01-10-2016, 02:52 PM)J24 Wrote: There making us the new Raiders.

All over ONE play. One play. The narritve was set before the game. Nantz and Simms looking for something dirty about Burfict's sack. The Bengals had two meathead mistakes with Burfict and Peko coming off the bench earlier. Everything else was by rules. How the media makes us the bad guy while calling the hit on Gio an unfortunate hit is mind boggling. Not to mention the BS by Munchack and the missed calls on Decastro, Mitchell and Porter. They were obviously looking to make the Bengals the bad guy when it was clear the Steelers were the ones playing dirty.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:33 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It was a flag, but it's not the attempted murder people are making it out to be. If he wanted, he could have hurt Brown. He tucked his shoulder and turned away. Contact was inevitable. 
The Shazier hit was a ton worse with worse intent. 

The comments are hilarious...calling for a lifetime ban and assault charges. I bet those same idiots cheered when Shazier knocked out Bernard. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:47 AM)milksheikh Wrote: I honestly don't know anymore..

Burfict's hit was illegal, It was serious targeting. Insane how Marvin can't control his own team.

You hit the nail on the head, Marvin can't control this team.

No way this happens on Zimmers watch.......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:36 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: The comments are hilarious...calling for a lifetime ban and assault charges. I bet those same idiots cheered when Shazier knocked out Bernard. 

It's amazing what the announcers reactions can cause fans to think.
They spent more time worried about the CLEAN LEGAL hit on Ben than the obviously illegal dirty hit on Gio.

So the narrative spins....
Reply/Quote
This is dumbest train wreck since the titanic sailed the transcontinental with NO SHOELACES
Reply/Quote
Phil Simms and Mike Carey are paid to pull the public around by the nose and tell them what to think even when there are obvious penalties against the Steelers.

Launching your helmet into the other teams facemask. Oh that, no thats nothing because he seen that he was about to get hit.  (What?) The Steeler's coaches are sure showing the Bengals players alot of affection today. What great guys. They should get a sportsmanship award. (Huh?)

Helmet to helmet ,outside the tackle box.  No, nothing, didn't see it. Did you see #55's sack. Now that has to be a penalty. Quik lets think of something. #55 is a dirty player. Now that Shazier hit that's good football. That Mitchell guy? Now he's a football player.  Hey wait Adam Jones bumped a guy that's it. Give the steelers another 15 yards for an easy chip shot to win the game and Roger Goedell will love us for it. Good, he made the kick. Now all we got to do is bad mouth the Bengals until the next game starts and we'll get away with it.

Now we're happy and the Bengals get screwed again. Who cares their owners not going to make any waves.
Reply/Quote
This is the WORST part of it all, to add insult to injury after an NFL Record playoff loss. Now the whole city, fans, and team get painted as "dirty" through propaganda!!

Well, FUK THEM ALL, the fan outside of Cincinnati does not know shit about the history of this team and Pittsburgh. The Cincinnati Enquirer even published an opinion editorial from a freaking Bronco fan, calling out the team and its fans, un-freaking-believable!!! Shame on you Enquirer!!

1. Kimo assassination military style low crawl and barrel roll onto Palmer's knee
2. Keith Rivers broken jaw
3. The freaking punter's broken jaw
4. Player Tweets a a physical threat against Burfict = NFL rule violation = criminal offense = the NFL does jack shit about it.
5. Mitchell head hunting helmet hit against Eifert = No Call
6. Shazier helmet to helmet knockout against Gio = No Call
7. Their players and coaches grabbing players and inciting on the field of play = never called

Refs setup and carryout the NFL's agenda, Media carries out its propaganda!!!

Pittsburgh is the "dirtiest team" in the NFL, by far, there are many incidents against our team and others over the years that are too plentiful to list. Yet when a team has had enough and sticks up for itself, albeit in a wrong manner, they want to paint us as the "dirty" team!!! PLEAAASSSEEEE

SHAME ON YOU NFL, SHAME ON YOU!!!

P.S. A head coach and organization must know what they are up against, and rise above their antics. Lewis and company did not do that last night and it cost them another massively huge failure!
Reply/Quote
I want Jim Nantz and Phil Simms banned from Paul Brown Stadium for life.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:08 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: This is the WORST part of it all, to add insult to injury after an NFL Record playoff loss. Now the whole city, fans, and team get painted as "dirty" through propaganda!!

Well, FUK THEM ALL, the fan outside of Cincinnati does not know shit about the history of this team and Pittsburgh. The Cincinnati Enquirer even published an opinion editorial from a freaking Bronco fan, calling out the team and its fans, un-freaking-believable!!! Shame on you Enquirer!!

1. Kimo assassination military style low crawl and barrel roll onto Palmer's knee
2. Keith Rivers broken jaw
3. The freaking punter's broken jaw
4. Player Tweets a a physical threat against Burfict = NFL rule violation = criminal offense = the NFL does jack shit about it.
5. Mitchell head hunting helmet hit against Eifert = No Call
6. Shazier helmet to helmet knockout against Gio = No Call
7. Their players and coaches grabbing players and inciting on the field of play = never called

Refs setup and carryout the NFL's agenda, Media carries out its propaganda!!!

Pittsburgh is the "dirtiest team" in the NFL, by far, there are many incidents against our team and others over the years that are too plentiful to list. Yet when a team has had enough and sticks up for itself, albeit in a wrong manner, they want to paint us as the "dirty" team!!! PLEAAASSSEEEE

SHAME ON YOU NFL, SHAME ON YOU!!!

P.S. A head coach and organization must know what they are up against, and rise above their antics. Lewis and company did not do that last night and it cost them another massively huge failure!

That pretty much sums up my feelings.....
Reply/Quote
The funny thing is everyone who is a fan of teams other than the Steelers know they are the dirtiest team of modern NFL history.

Yet the are playing the whole "victim" card to a T.

How can anyone buy this drivel ?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:14 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The funny thing is everyone who is a fan of teams other than the Steelers know they are the dirtiest team of modern NFL history.

It starts when the announcers talk up a clean hit as dirty and a dirty hit as "unfortunate" 
Reply/Quote
I just want to add this thought...

Why the hell was Big Jen being taken away on a golf cart.

That has got to be the first time I've seen someone with a "shoulder injury" carted off like that.

Poor guy. Cry Let's just cart him by the angry crowd.

I'm sorry did I see earlier guys with ankle injuries and concussions hobble off to the locker room?

The whole "victim" card comes back into play.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Amazing, isn't it? That shit was a sham last night. And the Bengals STILL almost overcame it. That's a miracle in itself.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:16 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It starts when the announcers talk up a clean hit as dirty and a dirty hit as "unfortunate" 

Cleary it was clean because Shazier couldn't see where he was going with his facemask pointed at the ground.  Sarcasm
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I hope people do buy into the media BS about us. It creates fear. This is a good thing in the NFL!

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:14 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The funny thing is everyone who is a fan of teams other than the Steelers know they are the dirtiest team of modern NFL history.

The Cleveland Browns' punter agrees the Steelers are dirty.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:46 AM)tjcase85 Wrote: I am really sick of this narrative that the Bengals players are some kind of dirty scumbag team. I clicked random blogs and youtube videos and was reading the comments and this is what they said,

"I'm a cowboys fan and I watched the game, I've never seen more dirty team than the bengals"

"Bengals are a Friggen joke, burfict should be banned "

"Bengals are the dirtiest team in football"

Wait, what did I miss? Where exactly did the bengals show they were the dirtiest team in the NFL? It's because the NFL media has a narrative. No one outside Bengals fans know what we have gone through here with the Steelers targeting players to win the game. (Palmer,huber,eifert,gio,etc). After the no call on Gio, the Bengals knew they were getting jobbed so they starting playing like the Steelers. The Bengals earned the playoff game, the stoolers were lucky to even be there. Steelers got away with murder the whole game..
The burfict hit was not an illegals hit, yet gets called for a PF??
Then jones gets a PF for a coach taunting him on the field??

THE BENGALS DID NOT PLAY DIRTY, THEY PLAYED LIKE STEELERS! SO SICK OF EVERYONE PAINTING THE BENGALS OUT AS THE BAD GUYS! They lost because of the fumble, not because they did some cheap shots.

Sorry if this is all over the place, took about 30 min with breaks in between.

This video backs up exactly what you're saying here:  
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D8eognJrC1Q
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:31 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He was late. Look at the hit: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tfLncD3pGM

Lets look at the hit.  [Image: does%20Antonio%20Brown%20make%20the%20ca...mwxsmb.png]

Can you say with any degree of certainty (not already knowing the outcome) that Antonio Brown, the player with more receptions over the past 3 seasons than any other player in the history of the NFL over any 3 year span, does not make this catch?  If you didn't know the outcome, would you or would you not think there is a good likelihood the catch was going to be made?

[Image: a%20few%20frames%20before%20impact_zpskljqmmml.png]

Advancing the film a few frames, less than a second later you see Burfict coming toward Brown.  Note: Neither of Browns feet have yet to land on the ground, and Brown is in the upright position.  Also note that Brown was not stationary, but also moving in the direction of Burfict.  The ball is only a few feet past Brown at this point.

[Image: moment%20of%20impact_zpsuescgauj.png]

Advancing a few more frames to the moment of impact.  Note the ball is still in the air and hasn't moved much from the prior pic.  Also note that Brown is clearly lowering his head at this point and his 2nd foot has just landed on the ground.  Had Brown not ducked his head, it's a shoulder to chest hit on a player that has a really good chance that he caught the ball.

[Image: another%20angle_zpsgs0xewyh.png]

From another angle, you can see that before the ball is even to Brown, Burfict is preparing to make the tackle.

[Image: another%20angle%20moment%20of%20impact_zpsvh5bfs8m.png]

Here is another angle of the split second before the actual impact.  Note the position of both players and where the ball is.  Merely 4 yards beyond Brown.  Note that Brown's left foot has not yet landed on the ground, you can clearly see his yellow cleat in the picture.  How long do you think it takes a ball to travel 4 yards.  Tell me exactly what Burfict is supposed to do at this point to avoid contact.  Remember that Brown is also moving towards Burfict.
Reply/Quote
I am NOT buying the media narrative. I never do. (.02)

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:38 AM)Shepdawg Wrote: Lets look at the hit.  [Image: does%20Antonio%20Brown%20make%20the%20ca...mwxsmb.png]

Can you say with any degree of certainty (not already knowing the outcome) that Antonio Brown, the player with more receptions over the past 3 seasons than any other player in the history of the NFL over any 3 year span, does not make this catch?  If you didn't know the outcome, would you or would you not think there is a good likelihood the catch was going to be made?

[Image: a%20few%20frames%20before%20impact_zpskljqmmml.png]

Advancing the film a few frames, less than a second later you see Burfict coming toward Brown.  Note: Neither of Browns feet have yet to land on the ground, and Brown is in the upright position.  Also note that Brown was not stationary, but also moving in the direction of Burfict.  The ball is only a few feet past Brown at this point.

[Image: moment%20of%20impact_zpsuescgauj.png]

Advancing a few more frames to the moment of impact.  Note the ball is still in the air and hasn't moved much from the prior pic.  Also note that Brown is clearly lowering his head at this point and his 2nd foot has just landed on the ground.  Had Brown not ducked his head, it's a shoulder to chest hit on a player that has a really good chance that he caught the ball.

[Image: another%20angle_zpsgs0xewyh.png]

From another angle, you can see that before the ball is even to Brown, Burfict is preparing to make the tackle.

[Image: another%20angle%20moment%20of%20impact_zpsvh5bfs8m.png]

Here is another angle of the split second before the actual impact.  Note the position of both players and where the ball is.  Merely 4 yards beyond Brown.  Note that Brown's left foot has not yet landed on the ground, you can clearly see his yellow cleat in the picture.  How long do you think it takes a ball to travel 4 yards.  Tell me exactly what Burfict is supposed to do at this point to avoid contact.  Remember that Brown is also moving towards Burfict.

This dilemma is nothing new and on this very board many Bengals players said "too bad" in 2010-2011 when they started cracking down on these hits and this was brought up by other defenses. Burfict got burned by it this time,  but it's happened since they started cracking down on this stuff since then.
It might not have been intentional. It was illegal.
Reply/Quote