Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People keep bashing the offense
(11-23-2017, 05:19 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Yep.

New England defense allows .4 more points a game. And have played against MUCH better competition.

Since you can't read, here's the stat again:

The Patriots have gone against 4 of the top 10 offenses in the NFL. Only 1 team they faced is in the bottom 10.

The Bengals have gone against 1 of the top 10 offenses in the NFL. Played 5 teams that are in the bottom 10.

You can argue yardage all you want. But you preach points are the most important aspect to a defense. And the Patriots have done that as well. Against. Better. Teams. Than. The. Bengals.

That's very misleading the Bengals played the Packers with Aaron Rodgers and Deshaun Watson when he was on the Texans. The Bengals played them both well in fact the Patriots played Watson and struggled against them.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 11:07 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: That's very misleading the Bengals played the Packers with Aaron Rodgers and Deshaun Watson when he was on the Texans. The Bengals played them both well in fact the Patriots played Watson and struggled against them.

I'm still waiting for Wolf to tell me what stat he used to determine these Top 10/ Bottom 10 offenses. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 09:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Is New England a playoff caliber defense?
YES....they started slow with injuries, but if you look at their last 6 games they are back to not giving up points.  Don't get bogged down in September and look at teams rolling to play-offs and what they have done lately.  The Patriots Defense is Back after a rocky start in September, but the heck with September, they are playing play-off win defense now in November.  I had them and dropped them in Fantasy Football early on. I figured the coach would right the ship, but I couldn't wait for that. The New England coach has turned it around and the Patriots are back to playing great defense, their season points against even rising near the top and Fantasy owners have been adding them back on fast. The Bengals are a good defensive add on this week against Cleveland. Some owners have Bengals but I don't and for one reason only. Our defense gets no help from our lousy offense.

So you people can computer geek this to death with computer stats and slide rules and color charts or whatever. You can pound away at Bengals D on 3rd down all day. THE FACTS ARE : Mike Brown let Zeitler and Whitworth both leave but he kept Bodine. It appears he drafted two real losers at tackle in 2015. The Bengals end up with one of THE WORST offensive lines in their 50 year history. .....Add in that our scorers are gone. Jones and Sanu are gone and Eifert and Hill still around but no longer scoring touchdowns. These four put a lot of points on the board as Bengals going to play-offs every year. The players replacing them have yet to put up points and takes Bengals back to Dalton to Green one trick pony show for defenses to smother and cover. Ross joins the list of another top pick that was too injured to play his rookie year. We add Ross to WJ3, Ogbouhi, Kirkpatrick and is there an NFL rule that says we can only draft first round players that do us no good their rookie year. LaFell, Boyd, Ross, Malone, Mixon have yet to put up the points of Jones, Sanu, Eifert and Hill. ...So NO BLOCKING, and LACK OF POINT SCORERS.

The Bengals are without a doubt one of the worst offenses in the NFL. Just look at Bengals second half points in 2017. There aren't any. The Bengals have had no offense all season in the second half of games. This would be OK if the NFL only played to halftime and game over. The Bengals offense has not returned from the locker room after halftime all season. ....Now the Bengals defense is still good and they still have one of the best D Lines in Bengals 50 year history. Any offense at all and the Bengals would be a power house team. Mike Brown however saw no need to keep key offensive line players and key touchdown scorers and thanks to Mikey Boy the offense is awful.

Some say, don't bash the offense and it's a team game and the defense is just as bad. I get your team concept but it's wrong. It's wrong because every year some teams are bad all over. Some teams are good all over. Some are good on offense. Some are good on defense. The 2017 Bengals fall into the good defense but just lousy awful offense. We saw this coming in as Bengals were rated the worst offensive line in preseason by media and not fake media, media was 100 % right. This offensive line stinks as bad or worse than media predicted.

You can turn it upside down, sideways, try all computer geek tricks in the book. The facts are that we have the worst O Line in NFL and also have lost too many point scorers. This gives us a horrible offense. We still have a very good defense that with any offense at all would be an NFL power. Atkins, Dunlap, the young guys coming on, many teams would love to have our defense. No NFL team wants our offense because IT STINKS. The Browns might have a better offense in 2018 than the direction we are going. We have no blocking.

The Bengals do have a good defense and Champion New England Patriots are playing good defense again after a rocky September start. Look at their points given up in games in November and October and you will see that very good coach has them back on track. Could Patriots make it back to Super Bowl with our defense, probably yes considering their coaching. Could Patriots make it to Super Bowl with our offense ? No team can ever win with this awful of an offensive line. We go into the 2018 season with a problem that may not get fixed in 2018. It's hard to come up with a good O line in one off season. Plus we have Mike Brown who refuses to pay offensive linemen from 1991 to the now. Our O line problem goes into 2018 being a huge problem and it will hold this team around last place until cohesive team work blocking across the line is established, and that takes more than one off season I'm sorry to say.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 02:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep, Pointing to total yards and total points is "cherry picking" defensive stats.

Dang, I just like to argue. 

Fred, that you? Ninja
Reply/Quote
I'll make it real short ...There are play-off teams offenses in 2017 that could win the Super Bowl with our defense.....There are no play-off teams defenses in 2017 that could win with our offense of no blocking and lack of scorers. ...Therefore our defense is much better than our offense, and the offense deserves bashing, but you begin with bashing Mike Brown who refuses to pay blockers.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 11:57 AM)kevin Wrote: I'll make it real short ...There are play-off teams offenses in 2017 that could win the Super Bowl with our defense.....There are no play-off teams defenses in 2017 that could win with our offense of no blocking and lack of scorers. ...Therefore our defense is much better than our offense, and the offense deserves bashing, but you begin with bashing Mike Brown who refuses to pay blockers.

Nobody has disagreed that the D isn't ahead of the O. But the D shares the blame for some losses. Great defenses step up in crunch time. Our D did not in either game where the other team made last minute game winning drives for TDs. In those cases, the O had performed well enough for the win....it was the D that let us down. Therefore, the D is not great. They are good....most of the time.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 06:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Really no need to get nasty.

Bengals beat NE in Yards (Pats dead last), Points (Pats are 12th), and sacks (Pats 26th).

NE has 3 more turnovers and are 25th to the Bengals 28th in ultra important 3rd down percentage.

I may not be able to read; however, I doubt I'm alone in thinking the Cincy D is better than the NE D.

BTW what stat did you use to determine those Top 10/ Bottom 10 Offenses?  

Mhm. And by the end of the year, the Bengals will go against two more top 10 offenses, and I can promise you they are going to go down. It's just a fact.

The Bengals have not gone up against many great offenses. They just haven't. The played against a broken Flacco, Watson's first start (that he had 3 practices for), a carousel of Browns QBs, Brisett, and Osweiler.

They couldn't stop the Packers, Steelers, Jaguars, or Titans on offense.

I'm pretty sure games against Alex Smith (who is having an amazing year), Drew Brees, Watson (when he finally got 1st team reps and started putting things together), Newton, and Rivers is much harder than wins against Tyrod, Brissett, Osweiler, and Kizer/Hogan/whoever they throw in at Cleveland.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 10:58 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Because everyone is crying about TOP.

Offense is not doing well.

Defense can't get them off the field quickly.

It matters on D if they are playing more downs than a quick score.

That flips TOP more for the other team almost as much as an offense that's ineffective.

ESPECIALLY early in the game. 

Offense goes 3 and out.  Defense then proceeds to have the opponent dink and dunk and miss tackles too.

You don't see any correlation in them not getting the opposing team off the field so our Offense can attempt another drive?

I just don't believe you honestly in this case.

If the D spends half of the quarter giving up sustaining drives even if it leads to a field goal.

Yes they kept them from scoring.  But didn't that exert a lot more effort and energy on their part?

I blame that more on scheme than talent.  We saw it last year too.

I guess what it really comes down to is accepting the offensive line is a major problem hindering the offense.

It's more about... what is the D's excuse for playing so poorly between the 20s?

Guenther plays a big role in that IMO.

Great post brother.

The Defense would really help themselves out if they could stop the other team on 3rd and long most of the time.

The just aren't right now and as you said Paulie is a big contributor to this.
Reply/Quote
RE: People keep bashing the offense

I thought you meant 'People' as in the other team's defense.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 12:14 PM)Beaker Wrote: Nobody has disagreed that the D isn't ahead of the O. But the D shares the blame for some losses. Great defenses step up in crunch time. Our D did not in either game where the other team made last minute game winning drives for TDs. In those cases, the O had performed well enough for the win....it was the D that let us down. Therefore, the D is not great. They are good....most of the time.

Pretty much sums it up.  :andy:
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 05:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great post brother.

The Defense would really help themselves out if they could stop the other team on 3rd and long most of the time.

The just aren't right now and as you said Paulie is a big contributor to this.

Yeah.  don't get me wrong.  This offense needs to get blamed.

We all know the reason why they're struggling.

However I bet if they did a poll on here that Guenther would get a few taxi rides outta town over an extension.

Why?

Because they are sucking on 3rd down.  Coverages are flawed.

Have been way below average on turnovers and rush defense.

If all things were rosy here on D, people would want Guenther here for good.

There's talent there for the most part.

I would venture to say that he has worn out his stay in most fans eyes.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 02:46 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Mhm. And by the end of the year, the Bengals will go against two more top 10 offenses, and I can promise you they are going to go down. It's just a fact.

I must ask again: What criteria do you use to determine these top 10 offenses?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 10:11 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Serious Question why do we suck so much on third down?

Jakepoo....

hahahahhahahahahahahahhaha Hilarious
Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 10:11 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Serious Question why do we suck so much on third down?

OMG... What is going to happen to the universe this Sunday when the Browns are in a 3rd & long situation???
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote