Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People on Disability
(10-15-2015, 07:07 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: I know more people who are on disability that are perfectly able to work than those who are actually disabled. I've tried multiple times to turn people in for fraud but even with picture and or video evidence you're just wasting your time.

Wow.  How many people do you know that are on disability?

And from what I have heard if you have legit video then it is not that hard to turn them in.  
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 11:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Keep trying.  I knew a guy that was on disability, and working "on the side".  His ex wife took video of him climbing ladders with bundles of shingles, etc.  They cut his lying ass off.

From my experience, more people get busted than those who don't because they do something similar. Or they make the wrong person (like an ex-wife) mad. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 01:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wow.  How many people do you know that are on disability?

And from what I have heard if you have legit video then it is not that hard to turn them in.  
Far too many. Almost all of my patients are on disability but I've never tried turning any of them in even though about half are still able to work. All of the ones I have turned in are either former neighbors, parents of people I know, or my ex wife. Tried 8 different times on 5 different people and they are all still on disability. Had video of a former neighbor who is on disability for a "bad back" shoveling his 100ft driveway, video of him siding his house an multiple pictures of him bent over or under his car replacing the engine and ***** and nothing was ever done.

I know of several people that we're on workers comp that got busted but never anyone on disability. 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 02:05 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm just sick of being at odds with Bengals fans.  Rooting for a player is too hard because the window is so small.  I feel like I just need to root for a single team, regardless of who is on it.  Just simplify things for the sake of my sanity.

.....ah gotcha....I've had favorite players before myself. If they aren't playing my squad, I still pull for 'em.  I liked Carson....I still pull for him, except when he plays us, same as I pulled for Sam Wyche in Tampa, or Boomer in NYC....or even Zim in MN.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 07:23 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Unless it's changed since I lived there, in Pennsylvania, illiteracy is a disability. I knew a guy who was completely healthy and able to work, but he couldn't read. And he was getting disability. If only there were some way to combat illiteracy, then we could help so many people get off disability. :snark:

I know someone who gets paid for being stupid here in Ohio. Dropped out of school 7th grade or so. Now sells weed and pills and makes more money than me working 50 hours a week.
And I could/should get it. 2 ruptured disk in back partially removed, left ankle surgery 2 times, broke right ankle, both knees surgery, full of arthritis. 30% disabled from military because of back. But I refuse to give up. Live on 4 eleve every day to cope.
Reply/Quote