Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason.
(11-22-2019, 06:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't think you're crazy or anything, I just doubt Bridgewater, or any vet with a better option would want to come here.  Bridgewater turned down the Dolphins job which was a starting gig so he could be in NO behind Brees...the fact he started and looked good was a bonus that people didn't see coming.  Up until this year Brees had missed like 3 games over a 12 year span.

It's possible I'm just too far deep in pessimism mode but I can't see a QB coming here unless he's out of other options or we draft him and he's stuck.

It would take some convincing there is no doubt to that, and like I said, it is my dream off-season. I'm well aware the Bengals would never do anything that would be viewed as active in free agency or progressive thoughts on trading players or picks to improve but it is nice to dream.

Just kinda nice to think of what could be if this team would be proactive, trade a few players and get active in filling needs.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 03:07 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Not that I'm advocating for Dalton to start for the Bengals ever again, but Dalton has never completed less than 45% of his passes like Finley did last Sunday.

10 33 30.3 86 2.6 0 3 2 14 2.0

Any idea what those 2 bolded numbers are
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 08:38 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: It would take some convincing there is no doubt to that, and like I said, it is my dream off-season. I'm well aware the Bengals would never do anything that would be viewed as active in free agency or progressive thoughts on trading players or picks to improve but it is nice to dream.

Just kinda nice to think of what could be if this team would be proactive, trade a few players and get active in filling needs.

I hear ya, I sometimes get on people for letting reality get in the way of conversation but lordy...this franchise has just really beaten me down lately.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 11:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We'll just have to rely on your non-biased memory as to what happened 9 years ago; although, mine is not as clear. But we can agree there are Finley haters "from jump" and flawless memory is not required.

He's to hoping the kid kills the Steelers this weekend; unfortunately, I don't think the board is in unison on this. 

Well you are a lot older than me, so your fuzziness can be excused I suppose. Finley doesn't have "haters". He has people saying "I told you so" to all the people who thought QB was our only/main problem, and yeah some people are dumping on his performance...because he's sucked. This doesn't = people want him to fail.

As for the Steelers game, I hoped the kid was Tom Brady, but if he is, he's hiding it pretty well. That said, kinda hard to judge a QB completely when the team around him is a steaming pile of manure. Of course, that never stopped you.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 11:38 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Andy is gone . Get over it.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Tiger

I've got a sneaking suspicion that Andy Dalton is the "veteran bridge QB" everybody is screaming for. Also I think ZT's tenure relates solely to what happens in both Cleveland games...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 06:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hilarious

Cleveland just breathed two sighs of relief. We know if he loses it won't be his fault. LMAO
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 07:47 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger

I've got a sneaking suspicion that Andy Dalton is the "veteran bridge QB" everybody is screaming for. Also I think ZT's tenure relates solely to what happens in both Cleveland games...

That’s true. Marvin Lewis should have been shitcanned in 2008 at the latest but he never lost to the Turds twice in a season until 2018.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 12:48 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well you are a lot older than me, so your fuzziness can be excused I suppose. Finley doesn't have "haters". He has people saying "I told you so" to all the people who thought QB was our only/main problem, and yeah some people are dumping on his performance...because he's sucked. This doesn't = people want him to fail.

As for the Steelers game, I hoped the kid was Tom Brady, but if he is, he's hiding it pretty well. That said, kinda hard to judge a QB completely when the team around him is a steaming pile of manure. Of course, that never stopped you.

People dump on Dalton= "keeping it real"

Honest critique of Finley= "you want the team to fail".

Mellow

LMAO LMAO LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 12:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Finley is not good at throwing beyond 15 yards. It was a known issue leading up to the draft and has shown in the games he's played in the NFL.
He also doesn't have as quick of a release as Dalton does, which is important with a bad OL.

As you said, Finley has been set up to fail. If he had a good OL and the offense was more of a WCO, he might be ok.

No it's not, just ask all those "realists". 

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 06:10 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Bridgewater has shown the ability to win in Minnesota and looks fully recovered and playing well in New Orleans this year on his one year prove it deal. 

The idea behind getting Teddy is to have a first round QB without burning a pick on Burrows, who may or may not be able to play in the NFL, Bridgewater has shown he can win at the NFL level, any draft pick is a gamble. He is an upgrade over Dalton and he is a local guy who would bring back a small portion of the fanbase on name alone. 

After that you would have to extend Green and use the draft picks from trading back and dumping Dalton and Glenn to impact the O-Line and LB corp. It becomes a situation where you are competitive quickly.

In what world is Dalton better then Bridgewater?

Bridgewater is 5 years younger and trending up while Dalton has been steadily trending down in his numbers since 2015.

In 6 starts for Teddy this year he has the same amount of TDs as Dalton, with less interceptions and a QBR of 98.9. How is Dalton better at this point in their careers?

Not that I disagree, because I'm not 100% certain either way, but you'd have to factor in where Teddy has played. Playing for two organizations hell bent on hoisting Lombardis is a far cry from playing for this nepotistic, inbred shit show that just wants cash for Wendy's Frosties, ski trips, and Lumina upgrades..... wouldn't you say?

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 02:55 AM)Wyche Wrote: People dump on Dalton= "keeping it real"

Honest critique of Finley= "you want the team to fail".

Mellow

LMAO LMAO LMAO    

Honest critique of Dalton: Nine years as QB, five playoff runs(I know before you say it "He was the only reason we were there)", no playoff wins(it was the rest of the teams fault). AD has already been given nine years to succeed but has failed. I really believe that the team played more as a team with Finley than with Dalton. A lot of his throws were atrocious but a rookie who only played three games with the surrounding cast should definitely be worse than a nine year vet.                                                      
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 10:09 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Honest critique of Dalton: Nine years as QB, five playoff runs(I know before you say it "He was the only reason we were there)", no playoff wins(it was the rest of the teams fault). AD has already been given nine years to succeed but has failed. I really believe that the team played more as a team with Finley than with Dalton. A lot of his throws were atrocious but a rookie who only played three games with the surrounding cast should definitely be worse than a nine year vet.                                                      

Truth, and I don't blame Dalton's mistakes on anyone but Andy. That said, I also don't gloss over others' mistakes that also contributed to the losses, including the coaching staff's curious decision in '13 to ignore Green-Ellis in the 2nd half despite his success vs SD. You should look up Benny's spilts against them. That was a headscratcher. 

I think that's the disconnect, a lot of people want to lay all failures at his feet, and ignore the rest. I like to look at everything that went wrong.

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 01:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: People still turning their nose up to 5 straight playoff appearances to start a career?

This next QB has some serious shoes to fill rather Dalton haters like it or not.

Coming off of the lockout, a bad year in 2010, with a rebuilt young roster, rookie OC......

There will be no excuses for the new QB if we don't make the playoff the next 5 years straight.

If the new QB doesn't, some around here will have some explaining to do.

Truth is we may not see a run like that ever again. EVER. And then maybe Dalton will get the respect he lacks around here. He's finally got it with the National media (it only took him getting benched).

No one is turning their noses up to 5 straight play offs.
This is a "What have you done for me lately league". I'm not blaming AD for what's happened recently. Bad drafting, injuries etc.

But his time is up. Do the rebuild and go in the direction we need to. TBH if ZT gets FA help, and we draft a QB, it could happen again.
Reply/Quote