Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perfect landing spot for McCarron?
(12-16-2016, 05:54 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I don't see the Jets trading for McCarron. They have Petty (not a fan of him honestly) and they spent a 2nd round pick on Hackenberg last year. Sure, they could add him to the QB competition, but I doubt they would.

I think two better landing spots would be the Bears and Cardinals.

Cardinals mostly because of their style of offense and they will need a QB. Plus they probably will miss out on a QB this draft.
Bears seem to want to move away from Cutler, and I think it depends where they want to draft a QB. If they miss out, then I could see the trade.

The Bears have Barkley and he's playing pretty well, so why jettison him and toss a pick that is sorely needed to fill many-a-gap for another late-round unknown?  Hard to say with AZ because they may very well see the Palmer/Fitzgerald/Arians trio as a package deal and they'll probably call this season a wash due to horrid special teams and give them a do-over next year before they trade a pick for a QB ready for a payday on short notice.

They got burned by the Kevin Kolb trade, so I'm thinking they'll go with the old guys for one more year and then go into full rebuild mode.  Just a hunch since they've only had slight success with old vet QBs and none with draft picks or trades for "could be good" types.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not a Dalton believer. Drives me crazy how quickly he bails from the pocket. Lacks poise and courage to carry team when they are struggling. McCarron may not be as good as Dalton but you would get more back in a trade for Dalton and with the money you save you could sign Jamie Collins to get some athleticism at LB
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 02:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Bears have Barkley and he's playing pretty well, so why jettison him and toss a pick that is sorely needed to fill many-a-gap for another late-round unknown?  Hard to say with AZ because they may very well see the Palmer/Fitzgerald/Arians trio as a package deal and they'll probably call this season a wash due to horrid special teams and give them a do-over next year before they trade a pick for a QB ready for a payday on short notice.

They got burned by the Kevin Kolb trade, so I'm thinking they'll go with the old guys for one more year and then go into full rebuild mode.  Just a hunch since they've only had slight success with old vet QBs and none with draft picks or trades for "could be good" types.
I agree with is to a point. I don't see the Bears going for Maccaron because they will have a top 3 pick. I assume they will draft Kiser from Norte Dame and use Barkley as a stop gap. I also believe that Arizona will be in the Tony Romo Sweepstakes with Denver.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:24 PM)J24 Wrote: I agree with is to a point. I don't see the Bears going for Maccaron because they will have a top 3 pick. I assume they will draft Kiser from Norte Dame and use Barkley as a stop gap. I also believe that Arizona will be in the Tony Romo Sweepstakes with Denver.

I don't see how or why they should go for Romo unless Palmer retires.  Palmer has one more year on his contract and Romo can't stay healthy behind a great o-line and Palmer is getting hit more than any other QB this year (I think...not sure).  They'd just be rewarding Romo for being on the bench for 2 years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't see how or why they should go for Romo unless Palmer retires.  Palmer has one more year on his contract and Romo can't stay healthy behind a great o-line and Palmer is getting hit more than any other QB this year (I think...not sure).  They'd just be rewarding Romo for being on the bench for 2 years.

Well if Palmer doesn't retire then you might be right but there is a real possibility that he retires.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote