Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perine Returning
Per PFT, he is signing a 2 year deal to remain in Cincinnati
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good to have him back. He and Gio had a good thing going late in the season.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 08:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: Good to have him back. He and Gio had a good thing going late in the season.

This make Gio expendable, Gio makes more than our starting guards.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Mike Boone just signed for 2yr/$2.6m with the Broncos.

Likely just paid more or same for Perine's 4.65 speed and career 3.8ypc compared to Boone's 4.44 speed and career 5.3 ypc.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 09:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Mike Boone just signed for 2yr/$2.6m with the Broncos.

Likely just paid more or same for Perine's 4.65 speed and career 3.8ypc compared to Boone's 4.44 speed and career 5.3 ypc.

Waaah
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 09:24 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Waaah

Just don't know why you'd pay a subpar #3 RB anything. You can find a subpar RB at any given time as a UDFA for league minimum and I don't like Perine as a #2 if this is a prelude to Gio being released.

He had a good game against Houston last year, but they were the worst run defense in the NFL. Everyone had a good game against them.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 09:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just don't know why you'd pay a subpar #3 RB anything. You can find a subpar RB at any given time as a UDFA for league minimum and I don't like Perine as a #2 if this is a prelude to Gio being released.

He had a good game against Houston last year, but they were the worst run defense in the NFL. Everyone had a good game against them.

Unless he's a core member of the #3 Special Teams unit in the NFL:

https://www.lineups.com/nfl-team-rankings/special-teams
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 09:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unless he's a core member of the #3 Special Teams unit in the NFL:

https://www.lineups.com/nfl-team-rankings/special-teams

He played 62% of the ST snaps and made 2 solo tackles (assuming none of those are INT or Fum tackles). We've learned time and time again that ST guys are replaceable. Hebert, Peerman, both bigger contributors, both replaced.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 09:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This make Gio expendable, Gio makes more than our starting guards.

Because he is better than our guards
Reply/Quote
Gio is one of the best pass protection backs in the NFL if not THE best one. He is also a well above average receiving threat out of the backfield. I like Perine but he is a different type of back.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 09:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This make Gio expendable, Gio makes more than our starting guards.

That's cause our starting guards suck. They're expendable.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 09:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He played 62% of the ST snaps and made 2 solo tackles (assuming none of those are INT or Fum tackles). We've learned time and time again that ST guys are replaceable. Hebert, Peerman, both bigger contributors, both replaced.

I've never cared to much for keeping guys just for special teams. 
Reply/Quote
Good sign
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 09:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just don't know why you'd pay a subpar #3 RB anything. You can find a subpar RB at any given time as a UDFA for league minimum and I don't like Perine as a #2 if this is a prelude to Gio being released.

He finished pretty strong last year. Last 4 games, 36 totes for 192 yds, 5.3 ypc and 2 tds. Earlier in the year @Pitt he carried 7 times for 48 yds. 65% of his yards were after contact and he gets 3.1 yards after contact per rushing attempt. 

I don't know about his blocking but he brings a lot to the table as a #2 running back and he's only 25. 

He's not super fast but at 233lbs he's pretty light on his feet. 

P.S. Almost forgot....he wears my fav number. :)

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I can't hate on it. I wasn't one pulling to bring him back. But he could be big. Patriots always have a stable. TB just pulled one out with a lot of help from a back many people wrote off.

The homer in me is strong.  We may very well be getting the Perine that shows up at 5:15 in this vid

Reply/Quote
I just feel this signals the end for Gio. I’m not sure why you would pay for a #3 RB, unless he is set to become your #2. Could be wrong, just seems more plausible if Gio is gone. Love a Gio, great pass protector, but not a great running back for the money he’s making.
Reply/Quote

He often does pick up defenders when our guards get beat on their blocks.  Joe probably thanked Gio countless times last year.

That said, he does make a lot of money for a backup running back.  Perine seems to run pretty tough as well, which is nice to see.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 10:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Because he is better than our guards

'Tis true.
Reply/Quote
This is not a bad signing. Has size and strength. Experience in this system . Familiarity and chemistry with his teammates. Played pretty well in a run system that even Joe Mixon struggled with at times. Good signing!
Reply/Quote

Hell try him at guard.
Reply/Quote