Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perine Stiff Arm
This was requested.... set the tone early.

Reply/Quote
Made my neck hurt just watching it.

When you're playing an AFC North team -- which is essentially who the Titans are -- you have to speak to them in language they understand. Joe said after the game that we out-physicaled them. The way that game went down really gives us cause for encouragement.
Reply/Quote
If that was Derrick Henry stiff arming Germaine Pratt into oblivion, that would be the only thing you'd see on NFL Network and ESPN for the next 6 days.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
LOVE IT!

I'm still hoping that we give Mixon the ball consistently because we've seen what he can do and how he can dominate games. Joe even said that there's no team that can beat us when we get MIxon running effectively.

Everyone is jumping on the Perine train because of those three receiving touchdowns last week and I agree that maybe he should get more touches, but I hope that we don't go away from Mixon because, like Joe said, I don't think anyone can stop us when we establish the run with Mixon. Those touchdown catches, while good plays, weren't exactly highlight real plays.

I do think that we should use Perine to change it up every so often and I think he's a good player, but I just think that we shouldn't overcommit to him.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 04:23 PM)wcu Wrote: If that was Derrick Henry stiff arming Germaine Pratt into oblivion, that would be the only thing you'd see on NFL Network and ESPN for the next 6 days.

There is absolutely no doubt in mind that you are correct.
Reply/Quote
Vicious... Mellow
Reply/Quote
He spiked him like a football.

On a side note, when tackling, CTB definitely DOES NOT look like Dre Kirkpatrick, who was stiff-armed on Sports Center several times, twice by Le'Veon Bell.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
i like perine alot. hes just a quite hard worker who does his job.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 06:10 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: He spiked him like a football.

On a side note, when tackling, CTB definitely DOES NOT look like Dre Kirkpatrick, who was stiff-armed on Sports Center several times, twice by Le'Veon Bell.

Will second that and so will Harley. Not a diva like Dre either.
Reply/Quote
While it was awesome, someone explains me why it's not a facemask penalty ? Because he didn't grab it ?

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 07:12 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: While it was awesome, someone explains me why it's not a facemask penalty ? Because he didn't grab it ?

You cannot grab the face mask and pull it, that is a perfect stiff arm right there. King Henry does this all the time.

It is a take down, you are pushing the defender away.
Reply/Quote
It's funny before the game I was telling my friend the way Perine runs it wouldn't surprise me if he made the angry runs segment this week.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
As someone who has seem a gazillion of his college and pro games. He’s as strong as any back in the NFL. He rushed for an NCAA still record 427 yards.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 07:12 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: While it was awesome, someone explains me why it's not a facemask penalty ? Because he didn't grab it ?

Watch his fingers. He never grasps the facemask
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 08:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Watch his fingers. He never grasps the facemask

I think that there's also a rule in there about a ball carrier not getting called for a facemask or, potentially in this case, hands to the face, but I'm not sure of the whole wording of it.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 03:58 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This was requested.... set the tone early.

Thanks for posting my request, love it just as much on replay as I did live. 

Just felt it was worthy of being on board but I didn't know how to do it lol. 

Thanks again

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 08:45 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I think that there's also a rule in there about a ball carrier not getting called for a facemask or, potentially in this case, hands to the face, but I'm not sure of the whole wording of it.

Yep it was legal as can be and agree 100% with WCU that if it were Derek Henry doing it to the Bengals it would be shown round the clock on Sports Center

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 08:45 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I think that there's also a rule in there about a ball carrier not getting called for a facemask or, potentially in this case, hands to the face, but I'm not sure of the whole wording of it.

No, I've seen running backs called for facemasks, but they have to actually grab the mask, not just flat hand it.
Reply/Quote
You can also see Simmons blast Ted Karras.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn’t know how to post it and I don’t have twitter snyone, but did anyone see where Hurst pulled on a screen? Somebody named Ben Fennell had it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote