Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Perine is better than Mixon
(12-06-2022, 03:59 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: you're clearly in love with Mixon. Mixon, with the scheme change, has been mediocre outside of the panthers game

logic is looking you in the face, and you're blatantly looking elsewhere

You are the one completely dismissing part of a sample size to fit your narrative. 

I guarantee you Mixon has a good game against Cleveland. Two weeks rested, healthy, and the OL playing the way it has been.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 04:10 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You are the one completely dismissing part of a sample size to fit your narrative. 

I guarantee you Mixon has a good game against Cleveland. Two weeks rested, healthy, and the OL playing the way it has been.

every RB should have a good game against that cleveland run defense. Im not crowning Mixon if he plays decent against them
Reply/Quote
He had a hell of a game.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 08:52 AM)Wyche Wrote: ....by like 2/10ths, lol. The point was Mixon's had one good game, and it was an inferior opponent. Also, Samaje had three tuddies that game. Don't gloss over that. Now, it very well could be that Joe's ankle was worse than they let on. If that's the case, rest him until it's 100%, because we don't need him to be successful, and we don't need him out there less than full speed.

Credit to Perine for three passing touchdowns. Nobody has argued that he's not a good option in those situations.  But you can't argue that "numbers don't lie" and then act like Mixon had some big letdown in that game compared to Perine.

And it hasn't been just one good game.  He also had 5+ ypc games against the Ravens and the Saints.  

I don't have a problem with evaluating Mixon's contract after the season.  But replacing a player who has done everything asked of him and performed when he's had the opportunity would have a negative impact on this locker room culture.  
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 06:28 PM)Roland Wrote: Credit to Perine for three passing touchdowns. Nobody has argued that he's not a good option in those situations.  But you can't argue that "numbers don't lie" and then act like Mixon had some big letdown in that game compared to Perine.

And it hasn't been just one good game.  He also had 5+ ypc games against the Ravens and the Saints.  

I don't have a problem with evaluating Mixon's contract after the season.  But replacing a player who has done everything asked of him and performed when he's had the opportunity would have a negative impact on this locker room culture.  

except block 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 06:28 PM)Roland Wrote: Credit to Perine for three passing touchdowns. Nobody has argued that he's not a good option in those situations.  But you can't argue that "numbers don't lie" and then act like Mixon had some big letdown in that game compared to Perine.

If you think Mixon has done everything asked of him, do you think they don't ask him to block in pass protection?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Even though I like Perine better in a number of ways, things do not get really tricky until after next year, cap wise. I believe Bates, Bell, Pratt, and Apple are our only FA starters. Perine our biggent bench contributor. 

None of those are break the bank type guys. Bates is the only one who thinks he is. And he already makes big money. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 01:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Perine has performed better than I expected him to this season and he's been solid, but let's not act like he's the second coming of Derrick Henry.

Since taking over for Mixon, here are his rushing stats:
Rushing Attempts = 49
Rushing Yards = 194
YPC = 3.96

That's basically the same as Mixon's season average of 3.83.

Both Perine and Mixon are good receivers, and Perine is a big dude, so I would look to occasionally put both of them on the field.
Have Mixon run behind Perine sometimes.
Have one/both of them go out for a pass while both are in.

Would love to see some two back sets with them.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 09:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: Would love to see some two back sets with them.

Same here, plus it can spell a WR or a TE and Hurst got hurt Sunday. There are lots of ways to use what we have on Offense.
Reply/Quote

I won't disagree with that, and like I said, I love Joe. He's a spark plug, hype kinda guy. Teams need those. 

What I'm saying is, we're getting similar production (sometimes better) and much better blocking out of 34 for a lot less cap space. I don't think it's been a lack of effort either. Joe has held meetings with his linemen and stable mates to try and correct issues in the run game. I know it looks like I'm trying to trash Joe, but I'm not. I'm just looking down the road at the FAs we're going to need to retain. If there's a way to move Joe's money off the books, I think the team should explore it. I also mentioned that maybe his ankle injury is more significant than he and the team are letting on, and he's trying to push through it. Maybe, and hopefully, these two weeks off will help if that is indeed the case. If not, it's possible that he's just hit the proverbial wall. He hasn't looked like himself much this year. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 09:39 PM)Wyche Wrote: I won't disagree with that, and like I said, I love Joe. He's a spark plug, hype kinda guy. Teams need those. 

What I'm saying is, we're getting similar production (sometimes better) and much better blocking out of 34 for a lot less cap space. I don't think it's been a lack of effort either. Joe has held meetings with his linemen and stable mates to try and correct issues in the run game. I know it looks like I'm trying to trash Joe, but I'm not. I'm just looking down the road at the FAs we're going to need to retain. If there's a way to move Joe's money off the books, I think the team should explore it. I also mentioned that maybe his ankle injury is more significant than he and the team are letting on, and he's trying to push through it. Maybe, and hopefully, these two weeks off will help if that is indeed the case. If not, it's possible that he's just hit the proverbial wall. He hasn't looked like himself much this year. 

Yeah, one game he went off and looked like I expected him to look like all year. Mixon's vision has been a question for most of 
the year besides the Panthers game. Samaje blocks well and can catch the ball just as good as Mixon and in my opinion has made
Mixon expendable in the future. 

Which only helps the team honestly because Mixon is paid a lot and we need to extend 3 players an insane amount of money in the 
next few years. If we can go cheaper on RB it will only help us and one can argue that Samaje helps Joe Burrow and this Offense 
more than Mixon.
Reply/Quote
Zac just said Mixon is our starter he just had a 5 TD game
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 03:15 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Zac just said Mixon is our starter he just had a 5 TD game

Just hope he plays like he did against the Panthers. He could go off again who knows?
Reply/Quote
Last time Mixon played he ran for less than 3ypc and left with an injury
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 03:33 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Last time Mixon played he ran for less than 3ypc and left with an injury

Mixon’s last full game this:
Mixon had 211 yards from scrimmage – 153 yards rushing and 58 yards receiving, scoring four rushing touchdowns and catching a touchdown pass from Joe Burrow.

I’ve seen both in person for over 40 games between them. Mixon is much more explosive and Perine a tougher more disciplined runner. Play them both. They compliment each other well. Perine is the third down back and give him a full series here and there.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 03:44 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Mixon’s last full game this:
Mixon had 211 yards from scrimmage – 153 yards rushing and 58 yards receiving, scoring four rushing touchdowns and catching a touchdown pass from Joe Burrow.

I’ve seen both in person for over 40 games between them. Mixon is much more explosive and Perine a tougher more disciplined runner. Play them both. They compliment each other well. Perine is the third down back and give him a full series here and there.

"he had five touchdowns the last time he played.”

im just correcting Zac. Mixon went 7 for 20 last time he played
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 03:44 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Mixon’s last full game this:

Yeah, give Perine a full series here and there especially if Mixon is only averaging 3 yards per carry like the last time he played.

Just ride the hot back is all I ask.
Reply/Quote
Bengals RBs last 6 games

Mixon
54 carries, 258 yards (4.8), 5 TDs
3.06 yards after contact average
7 missed Tackles Forced
17 catches, 165 yards, 1 TD

Perine
57 carries, 252 yards (4.4), 1 TD
3.11 yards after contact average
8 missed tackles forced
20 catches, 157 yards, 3 TDs

It's pretty oblivious that the running back production is directly correlated to the OL performance and scheme change.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 04:42 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Bengals RBs last 6 games

Mixon
54 carries, 258 yards (4.8), 5 TDs
3.06 yards after contact average
7 missed Tackles Forced
17 catches, 165 yards, 1 TD

Perine
57 carries, 252 yards (4.4), 1 TD
3.11 yards after contact average
8 missed tackles forced
20 catches, 157 yards, 3 TDs

It's pretty oblivious that the running back production is directly correlated to the OL performance and scheme change.

give it a rest, sister
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 03:49 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: "he had five touchdowns the last time he played.”

im just correcting Zac. Mixon went 7 for 20 last time he played

He meant full game so he’d be right

Reply/Quote