Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perine to Broncos
I'm glad Perine got a good deal for himself. This was most likely his last chance at getting any sort of decent deal.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 11:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bengals are rebuilding wether we like it or not. The post contract Burrow era has begun. Theses aren’t the actions of a win first team. The gutting of the roster and more moves to come (cutting Mixon) should tell folks change is coming. 

We’ve gotten worse this off-season. Much. Bengals are eyeing the distant future. Not 2023. All I keep reading around here is who all we wil draft to fill the holes. If we aren’t rebuilding we’d be adding pieces to beat KC. Not losing pieces and drafting replacements for lost talent. 

Rebuilding?  FA hasn't started yet, and the draft is a couple months away... I dont want to say this silly and premature, but it is silly and premature.

Reply/Quote
I liked Perine but Williams can bring the same physicalness.  Now, I'm thinking they'll keep Mixon replacing Perine with William and have Evans as the 3rd down back.  I thought we'd cut Mixon after June 1st and roll with Samaje, Williams, and Evans.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 08:22 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Does anyone know what the heck happened to Chris Evans?  Have they given up on him?

(03-14-2023, 08:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It was kind of weird last year when he scored a much needed TD in clutch time for us to win the game and we didn't see him after...

Not weird at all.

Evans played 3/4 of the season then got put on ice. Why? Probably because Traveon had been in the system for four years and was more reliable with the playbook down the stretch when it mattered most. Thankfully, he wasn't needed.

Now Evans goes into his 2nd season with games under his belt and a year of learning the playbook. I don't think he did anything wrong to get passed by Williams other than being too green.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 01:45 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Rebuilding?  FA hasn't started yet, and the draft is a couple months away... I dont want to say this silly and premature, but it is silly and premature.

Yep seems a knee jerk reaction without knowing the end results. Like Bell and Perine a lot and expected Perine to fall within the Bengals budget. Yet both positions can be filled much easier than say Whit as he referred to in another post. Plus when Bengals lost Whit they lost Zeitler at the same time.

RB's can be had in the draft on rookie deals with fresh legs that free up money for elsewhere, and betting a cheaper Safety can be found in FA. Big fan of both Bell and Perine. Yet if the Bengals are going to stay on top then they can not keep every fan favorite and must turn over roster over yearly now. 

Whit/Zeitler > Perine/Bell 

and it's not even close
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Not sure how many more people we need to lose before reality hits that we are rebuilding..... Yall kinda late. But I get it. It sucks to see the window closed.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Bengals Free Agent list is a moving company's client list.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 02:14 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Not weird at all.

Evans played 3/4 of the season then got put on ice. Why? Probably because Traveon had been in the system for four years and was more reliable with the playbook down the stretch when it mattered most. Thankfully, he wasn't needed.

Now Evans goes into his 2nd season with games under his belt and a year of learning the playbook. I don't think he did anything wrong to get passed by Williams other than being too green.

Alright, cool. I could certainly see that being the case.
Reply/Quote
No way i thought this was getting 5 pages

Dude wasn’t that important guys
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 06:31 PM)QueenCity Wrote: How to beat the Bengals....  take all of their players in the off-season!

Interesting new strategy may work!

Better to have other teams after your players than not i would think.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 10:51 AM)jj22 Wrote: Not sure how many more people we need to lose before reality hits that we are rebuilding..... Yall kinda late. But I get it. It sucks to see the window closed.

How many unintelligent, emotional takes are you going to have?

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 06:15 PM)casear2727 Wrote: How many unintelligent, emotional takes are you going to have?

It is kind of weird. JJ22 has been around for a long time and went through a lot of the dark years with us.

He doesn't even know that these are the golden years when players who are essentially backups get overvalued by other teams because 
we are one of top teams in the league now. I liked Perine a lot but he isn't a starting RB and that is what he got paid like and good for
him, he is a great guy and a good pass protector and a tough sumbitch. We can get an upgrade over him though easily.

To even mention rebuild is blasphemy while Joe Burrow is the QB and FA has just started. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 06:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is kind of weird. JJ22 has been around for a long time and went through a lot of the dark years with us.

He doesn't even know that these are the golden years when players who are essentially backups get overvalued by other teams because 
we are one of top teams in the league now. I liked Perine a lot but he isn't a starting RB and that is what he got paid like and good for
him, he is a great guy and a good pass protector and a tough sumbitch. We can get an upgrade over him though easily.

To even mention rebuild is blasphemy while Joe Burrow is the QB and FA has just started. Mellow

I know, this is ludicrous. 

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 02:14 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Not weird at all.

Well, Evans has been with the Bengals for two seasons already, so he should know the playbook. Fact is, he got more carries and receptions in the 2021 season than the 2022 season, although he did become the kick returner in the 2022 season. 

I don't know why Chris Evans has not been getting any carries. He seems to flash talent. But the Bengals didn't have him rush a single time last season.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 06:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is kind of weird. JJ22 has been around for a long time and went through a lot of the dark years with us.

Pppl won't be saying this for long when we sign Orlando Brown, Gardner-Johnson, Dalton Schultz, and Zeke Elliott.  I know wishful thinking, but these guys are all still out there and could be plugged into the spots we need.  

It's a "rebuilding year" talk is ridiculous 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 07:25 PM)Nepa Wrote: Well, Evans has been with the Bengals for two seasons already, so he should know the playbook. Fact is, he got more carries and receptions in the 2021 season than the 2022 season, although he did become the kick returner in the 2022 season. 

I don't know why Chris Evans has not been getting any carries. He seems to flash talent. But the Bengals didn't have him rush a single time last season.

I didnt like the draft pick 2 years ago.  Kid started 5 games in 5 years at UM. He was suspended a full season, had 70 yards on 16 rushes as a 5th year senior and we take him in the 6th?  KC just blows us out of the water at the draft.... 

Im not saying Evans does not have talent, but UM couldnt get it out of him in 5 years and it looks like we are having the same issue. ... maybe he turns it around?

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 07:25 PM)Nepa Wrote: Well, Evans has been with the Bengals for two seasons already, so he should know the playbook. Fact is, he got more carries and receptions in the 2021 season than the 2022 season, although he did become the kick returner in the 2022 season. 

Yeesh. You're correct. He's been so rarely used, I forgot he was a 2021 draft pick.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Glad he got some decent money in what is likely his last gig. No way in hell I'd tie that much coin up with him, but I appreciated his effort and professionalism during his time here. Best wishes 'maje!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 10:51 AM)jj22 Wrote: Not sure how many more people we need to lose before reality hits that we are rebuilding..... Yall kinda late. But I get it. It sucks to see the window closed.

....lol now wait a minute ol buddy. You know I like you, but our window's closing because we lost Perine? C'mon now, you don't really believe that.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 08:00 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I didnt like the draft pick 2 years ago.  Kid started 5 games in 5 years at UM. He was suspended a full season, had 70 yards on 16 rushes as a 5th year senior and we take him in the 6th?  KC just blows us out of the water at the draft.... 

Im not saying Evans does not have talent, but UM couldnt get it out of him in 5 years and it looks like we are having the same issue. ... maybe he turns it around?

Yeah, he's another one I wish they'd just let go.

Reply/Quote