Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perine to Broncos
(03-14-2023, 07:24 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Yes and yes.  Underutilized in Cleveland but you have issue of character.  I would be thrilled if we signed him.  Better than Mixon and Perine, but don’t know about how it would impact team chemistry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sure is talented, I just don't think we add him like you said because of character. Jamaal Williams makes sense and is just like Perine.

We can add a talent in the draft with good character at RB.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 07:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure is talented, I just don't think we add him like you said because of character. Jamaal Williams makes sense and is just like Perine.

We can add a talent in the draft with good character at RB.

Just started a thread in free agency discussion about how we should sign him for a lot less than Mixon.

He can pass block and just had over a thousand yards rushing and 4.1 YPC last season.
Reply/Quote
Fair money for a good player. Payton is no fool. Hopefully this Jamaal Williams talk materializes. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 07:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Just started a thread in free agency discussion about how we should sign him for a lot less than Mixon.

He can pass block and just had over a thousand yards rushing and 4.1 YPC last season.

Someone in that thread wrote that the went back to the Lions. I haven't seen confirmation of that at this time.
Reply/Quote
If we want to go all in. Trade for Austin Ekeler.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 07:40 PM)Nepa Wrote: Someone in that thread wrote that the went back to the Lions. I haven't seen confirmation of that at this time.

League sources say he will but the Lions could be doing it as an insurance policy in case they can't draft Robinson or he his people might be saying it to drive up his price.

Lions' fans on Twitter are skeptical that it's real and a few even mentioned Cinci as a more likely landing spot.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 07:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: League sources say he will but the Lions could be doing it as an insurance policy in case they can't draft Robinson or he his people might be saying it to drive up his price.

Lions' fans on Twitter are skeptical that it's real and a few even mentioned Cinci as a more likely landing spot.

Good to hear.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 06:30 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: When the Bengals said they intended to keep their own free agents rather than go out and sign external free agents, who do you think they were referring to?

Burrow, who else?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 07:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Just started a thread in free agency discussion about how we should sign him for a lot less than Mixon.

Cool Brad, thought there was already a thread about Jamaal in there. Have been for it since I learned he was good in pass pro.

(03-14-2023, 07:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: League sources say he will but the Lions could be doing it as an insurance policy in case they can't draft Robinson or he his people might be saying it to drive up his price.

Never heard this though, good stuff. Seems perfect for us now that Samaje should be in Denver.
Reply/Quote
Sad to lose him, knows the system and will take replacing. Good on him for getting a nice payday though.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 06:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They also might need to double-dip at TE based on who they got.
And they could use another (starting?) safety...a CB4...couple OL (for depth at least)....
They'll run out of draft picks before they fill all their needs lol

Mayer or Washington in round 1 and then La Porta in round 3, sound good?

Also, I liked Perine and sad to see him go but I'm not overly disappointed.
Reply/Quote
Does anyone know what the heck happened to Chris Evans? Have they given up on him?
Reply/Quote
The Chargers' Austin Ekeler is now available. Was granted permission to seek trade.
Reply/Quote
I liked him but RBs are a dime a dozen and the most replaceable position.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 06:52 PM)Joelist Wrote: I guess the "culture" isn't all it was cracked up to be if players are out the door like this.

[Image: plumleemoneygun.gif]

Money > Culture.

Who Dey at least teams covet our players.
Reply/Quote
I think Perine was better than Mixon this past season.He fit in well with this Offense.I was hoping they would keep him.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 08:22 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Does anyone know what the heck happened to Chris Evans?  Have they given up on him?

It was kind of weird last year when he scored a much needed TD in clutch time for us to win the game and we didn't see him after...
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 08:18 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Mayer or Washington in round 1 and then La Porta in round 3, sound good?

I'd take that if we agree to switch to 2 TE sets in 2024 and not worry about replacing Boyd.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 08:31 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I think Perine was better than Mixon this past season.He fit in well with this Offense.I was hoping they would keep him.

I was too, but that is starter money and we might be able to be even better this year on the cheap at RB.

If you put too much money in the RB, especially in one that cannot pass block it can hurt you as we have seen with Mixon.

We might be able to add better runners and blockers for cheaper and cut Mixon with what has happened and this Draft.

Roschon Johnson and Chase Brown are very good explosive RB's that can also block.
Reply/Quote
Maybe I'm just a sexy idiot, but wasn't Perine the RB that ZT had on the field during our final SB drive, as well as other times where it was noteworthy that the backup RB who was making peanuts was the one on the field when it mattered most?

Based upon that you'd think our coaching staff would be pretty miffed about this.
Reply/Quote