Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personal info stolen in Baltimore looting
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-riots/bs-md-rite-aid-statement-20150603-story.html

Quote:As looted prescription drugs flood Baltimore streets, fueling a surge in violence, pharmacy chain Rite Aid warned customers Wednesday that their personal medical information could be on the streets, too.

Hey Pat could you please return the personal info you grabbed while you were looting. Or was that bmoreblitz that on the rite-aids =D
I doubt they're smart enough to do that. Go in and get drugs you can sell. Rite Aid has to say this.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-04-2015, 05:55 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-riots/bs-md-rite-aid-statement-20150603-story.html

Hey Pat could you please return the personal info you grabbed while you were looting.   Or was that bmoreblitz that on the rite-aids =D

You're safe since you don't have insurance. There was a bottle of Valtrex with the name stluiceBengal on it.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
(06-04-2015, 10:42 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: You're safe since you don't have insurance. There was a bottle of Valtrex with the name stluiceBengal on it.

He doesn't carry health insurance?
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(06-04-2015, 10:42 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: You're safe since you don't have insurance. There was a bottle of Valtrex with the name stluiceBengal on it.

Most people without health insurance can't afford Valtrex. It costs over $200 dollars for a single treatment. 

Bam!!!!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(06-04-2015, 11:03 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Most people without health insurance can't afford Valtrex. It costs over $200 dollars for a single treatment. 

I wonder how much Lucie's copay is for Valtrex.... 
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(06-04-2015, 11:12 AM)jason Wrote: I wonder how much Lucie's copay is for Valtrex.... 

Copays are for people with insurance. Without insurance it is all pay. 
(06-04-2015, 11:22 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Copays are for people with insurance. Without insurance it is all pay. 
You can get prescriptions filled as they occur for $4 at Walmart and at most places now too in the US with a prescription and WITHOUT insurance.

Haha well done.   
(06-04-2015, 12:30 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: You can get prescriptions filled as they occur for $4 at Walmart and at most places now too in the US with a prescription and WITHOUT insurance.

Everything you wrote is 100% accurate. However, none of it applies to Valtrex and many,many more medicines. As a matter of fact, I wrote a prescription for Valtex yesterday and a second prescription for acyclovir because they most likely wouldn't be able to afford spending >$200 on their prescription after spending $100 on the office visit. 
(06-04-2015, 12:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Everything you wrote is 100% accurate. However, none of it applies to Valtrex and many,many more medicines. As a matter of fact, I wrote a prescription for Valtex yesterday and a second prescription for acyclovir because they most likely wouldn't be able to afford spending >$200 on their prescription after spending $100 on the office visit. 

What's wrong with a generic medication?
 Even if a person has insurance, it still doesnt mean that the insurance company would even pay for the name brand or the pharmacy may only have the generic in it's repository. Many times its still the same drug.
 Still affordable.

My wife is a pharmacist
(06-04-2015, 01:20 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: What's wrong with a generic medication?
 Even if a person has insurance, it still doesnt mean that the insurance company would even pay for the name brand or the pharmacy may only have the generic in it's repository. Many times its still the same drug.
 Still affordable.

Cool.......My wife is a pharmacist as well. We might be able to exchange some of those funny stories I hear about.

There is nothing wrong with generics. I use them all the time. Sometimes a name brand is all that is available. Albuterol for asthmatics is no longer available in a generic form, it's all brand name. You cannot find an affordable inhaled steroid for asthma or COPD. That's just the way it is sometimes. Amoxicillin is still the drug of choice for bacterial sinusitis, but many people don't believe it is strong enough despite the evidence to the contrary they aren't aware of and you can't convince them otherwise. Sometimes state lines affect the cost for the exact same medicine based upon the tier negotiated by the insurance company and the manufacturer. I think they try to make it as complicated as possible. 
(06-04-2015, 01:49 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: There is nothing wrong with generics. I use them all the time. Sometimes a name brand is all that is available. Albuterol for asthmatics is no longer available in a generic form, it's all brand name. You cannot find an affordable inhaled steroid for asthma or COPD. That's just the way it is sometimes. Amoxicillin is still the drug of choice for bacterial sinusitis, but many people don't believe it is strong enough despite the evidence to the contrary they aren't aware of and you can't convince them otherwise. Sometimes state lines affect the cost for the exact same medicine based upon the tier negotiated by the insurance company and the manufacturer. I think they try to make it as complicated as possible. 

Right....I agree, sometimes there's no generic. Some of these pharmaceutical companies have patents on lock for years. Big money at the expense of people's health.
Albuteral isn't expensive though. Not sure about the other meds.
(06-04-2015, 11:03 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Most people without health insurance can't afford Valtrex. It costs over $200 dollars for a single treatment. 

I won't ask how you know :jk:
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-04-2015, 01:49 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote:  Albuterol for asthmatics is no longer available in a generic form, it's all brand name. You cannot find an affordable inhaled steroid for asthma or COPD. That's just the

FYI Albuterol is the generic name. ThumbsUp
(06-04-2015, 02:34 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: FYI Albuterol is the generic name. ThumbsUp

I know. If I wrote you a prescription for a generic albuterol rescue inhaler I'd get a call from the pharmacist asking me which brand name albuterol rescue inhaler did I want you to have, Proair, Proventil, Ventolin, etc because it isn't available as a generic. 

What is considered affordable varies. You and I may consider $20 affordable, but I had patients tell me that can't afford that much. 

I'm also perplexed by the people who big business, corporate America, and capitalism and complain about healthcare costs. The healthcare industry is controlled by big businesses who are in business to make a profit, e.g. capitalism. 
(06-04-2015, 02:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I won't ask how you know :jk:

I'm actually surprised it took someone this long to post this. LOL
(06-04-2015, 02:17 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Right....I agree, sometimes there's no generic. Some of these pharmaceutical companies have patents on lock for years. Big money at the expense of people's health.

Where do you think the R&D money for those drugs, not to mention all their failed drugs, comes from?
(06-04-2015, 05:00 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Where do you think the R&D money for those drugs, not to mention all their failed drugs, comes from?

Right .... Too many think these guys discover new medicines out of the goodness of their hearts to give it away.  

When you have the only 1 of something you protect that as long as you can....