Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Team is Finally Healthy
(11-04-2019, 07:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: Just in the nick of time for the dead cat bounce.

Hopefully it gives Finley the best shot of a strong showing, and a strong start to his career.

I predict there will be no dead cat bounce this year.   

I don't see this team as all that healthy.  Lets look at O Line, is it healthy, NO.  Start at Left Tackle and go across, it's still a MASH unit.  Oh Boy, Andre Smith might be back.  You mean same Andre Smith no other team wants and Bengals benched him this year because he can't block anymore, gets knocked on his big fat rear end, that Andre Smith.  Lets look at the awful defense and I don't see any major help to this disaster area. 

Sorry, I don't see this team locked and loaded with good players now.  What I do see is a team that finished 1-7 in 2018 and has started 0-8 in 2019.  That is 1-15 over last 16 games, under 2 head coaches, 3 if you count Browns Hue Stinks coming back as Marvin took over the D in this 1-15 stretch. 

I look at how bad the team is and the schedule and I see maybe a win against Jets in Cincy, and maybe a win at Miami. I'm not sure of either because I can see Bengals losing the road game at Miami, I really can.  I also don't look for New York Jets to just give Bengals a win and they are probably seeing Bengals as a team they can beat.  The Browns offense is going to kill the Bengals defense both games.  Steelers will clobber Bengals as usual.  Ravens and Patriots will blow Bengals off the field.  Bengals can't win on road at Oakland.  

So fans are use to the Marvin dead cat bounce late in season.  It didn't happen last year with ending 1-7 record and it won't happen this year.  Bengals might go 2-6 or even 3-5 last 8 games if they are lucky.  Looks more like 1-7 finish or even 0-8.  That would make Bengals 0-16 on season or 1-15. It will also make them 1-23 or 2-22 over last 8 in 2018 and all 2019 and that sounds right.  1-23 or 2-22 is how bad this team is over last 2 years.  There is NO REASON to expect a dead cat bounce of Bengals winning 4 or more games the second half. 

May I remind some of you that even IF Bengals win 4 games, they finish 4-12, OH BOY.  OH HAPPY DAY.  4-12.   Still, as I say, this Bengals team is going to get beat bad by some play-off teams coming up, and some teams who are just better.  0-16 is very possible.  Maybe they can kick a last second field goal to beat The Jets in Cincy, I don't know.  

The moral on this team is going to get very bad as the losing gets worse.  AJ Green probably has his locker cleaned out ready to go to another team.  Andy probably wants out of here now.  I look for both to do good on other teams.   Very possible we see this team fall apart on the field in front of our eyes, because there isn't a lot holding it together.  I've seen Bengals teams fall apart and give up before.  Players fighting with each other, players wanting out of Cincy, players not giving much effort, that has happened before and may happen again. 

So instead of a dead cat bounce to 4-12 season,  I look for the team to have huge moral issues as it gets thumped by better teams starting Sunday.  All the NFL is having trouble with Ravens Pistol Offense and awful Bengals D will get killed.  Plus Ravens can play defense and will kill Bengals offense.   0-8 or 1-7 is very possible finish making this team 1-23 or 2-22 over last 8 games of 2018 and all of 2019.   This isn't NEW DAY.  This is still more of OLD DAY.  Well, we still have all the Charlie Brown Family running everything, so of course more Same Old, Same Old. 

The Ravens are going to knock Finley onto Finley Street or maybe up to Finley Ohio. Rough day at the gridiron for the rookie as this awful team faces a team that could win Super Bowl. Dalton may be the lucky one as he watches somebody else take hits all day behind worst O Line in NFL.

Another problem is 2020. If there is a Rebuild and a NEW DAY, I'm not seeing it. Mike Brown may just scrape that dead cat off the road that got ran over in 2018 and sling that dead cat on the field in 2020 expecting fans to pay to smell that dead cat stink up Paul Brown Stadium another year. At some point the NFL or Cincy needs to step up and tell The Brown Family to get the heck out if they are going to be such a disrespect to the NFL. I hate to say it, but they play games in London, so maybe an owner in London would put a better team on the field, or San Diego, or St Louis. The NFL would be better off if The Brown Family just got out and sold the franchise. Nothing against the Ohio, Kentucky fans, but this dead cat is stinking up the NFL.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Good. Because I can't wait for the next excuse when a healthy team finishes the remainder of the season at 0-8. I love the Bengal Blame Game. Its really the only entertainment they provide anymore.
Reply/Quote