Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pete Johnson, Boobie Clarke...
I think Chris Evans could be a very valuable weapon for Cincinnati. A receiving RB is more valuable than a back who can only run, generally speaking. There may be some fringe cases there, but if you have a back that can catch really well then you have a weapon. Evans and Mixon are both great receivers but Evans is lighter than Mixon and a little more shifty. I am looking forward to seeing more of what he has this coming pre-season.

If you're looking for a thumper, we already have that in Mixon and Perine. Both of those guys have good size and are not afraid of contact. I'm a big fan of Evans' potential, perhaps moreso than I should be but adding in a shifty receiving back to what we have is very enticing. I hated letting Gio go because he fit that role absolutely perfectly. I understand why they did it though.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 09:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: All I know is if we had our big Samoan Peko in there at Fullback, getting those 3rd and 1's would be a lot easier. I seriously think they need to let Shelvin work with the RB coaches to play that role.

Shelvin does not move with the fluidity that Peko so gracefully did for a behemoth of a man, not sure we have any big guys who can move like Peko.

But would think Reader would be the only candidate. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote