Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pete Prisco ranks NFL starting QBs
(06-02-2016, 08:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah I have Ben around the top 7-8, but behind Cam, Palmer, Brees and maybe Wilson.

3rd is not justified, IMO.

there is a lot of personal bias when 1 person makes a ranking list
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2016, 10:25 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: As I said it is still a misinformed statement... Dalton played his best year to date last year. He had a very very good year. Would have liked to see what he would have accomplished had he not gotten hurt. I feel confident he would have erased the statement that "we have not won a playoff game in 25 year". Is that statement biased against Dalton? 

While it is true I do not think Dalton's raw skills are very impressive. I do like his intangibles...he is not a better QB in any way than Wison, last year or any year. PS...I am not a fan of Wilson by any stretch. I just have a hard time not dealing with the facts.

Your bias for Dalton and bias against all other QB's is what is most evident. If you took the name out of your rant and asked 100 educated football people if you were writing about Dalton or Wilson what do you think the result would be...lol.

You are a great fan of Dalton's and I respect that. I do not feel you are much of a Bengal's fan. To prop Dalton up you make a habit of tearing down his teammates. Always pointing out that the other QB have better weapons...you do this without fail. You act as if AJ is a bottom tier receiver (his IS top 5), you make statements against Eifert, discount our defense and running backs. 

I am all for you being the Champion of Dalton...just do it with a little less hate for his teammates. Your love affair would be much more tolerable if is was less hate filled for other Bengal's. Your post are a huge reason I find myself posting legitimate STATS that expose Dalton...it's not about AD, it's about defending his surrounding cast that you attempt to discount. 

Obviously it would be talking about Wilson. Dalton has only had 1 year where he's had a strong run game, and Wilson has had the #1 defense in points allowed (and half of it 1st in yards - the other two years were 2nd and 4th) every year. Plus Wilson has had a top 3 running game every year he's been in the league.

I only say facts about what we have. Green is arguably in the top five, but I don't think he is (Dez, Brown, Jones, Hopkins, OBJ, and arguably Marshal, Nelson, and Thomas). The only negative statement I have said about Eifert is that he's very injury prone which is undeniably true. Plus our RBs have been mediocre (to say the least) for the bulk of Dalton's career.

You just don't like it that I say the facts. It doesn't go along with most peoples uninformed opinions, and the media's narrative so you think I'm just trying to prop up Dalton.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2016, 10:36 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I only say facts about what we have. Green is arguably in the top five, but I don't think he is

You just don't like it that I say the facts. 

The problem is that you don't understand that just because you "think" something that does not make it a "fact".
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2016, 11:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The problem is that you don't understand that just because you "think" something that does not make it a "fact".

Just ignore everything else I said to make a point. Just throw out all the stats, and find that one line where I said an opinion (which I can back up with stats btw). Nice one Fred.
Reply/Quote
Russell Wilson is a fantastic QB.
Andy Dalton is a fantastic QB.

Both are on great teams.
This fact doesn't change the fact that they're fantastic QBs.

Maybe their teams look this great because they have good QBs?

The Seahawks are 46-18 (.719) with Wilson. They went 23-41 (.359) in the 4 years before drafting him.
The Bengals are 50-25-1 (.664) with Dalton. They went 33-46-1 (.419) in the 5 years before drafting him.

Idk about you guys, but I find it a little hard to believe that both of these teams suddenly got so amazing that they could carry mediocre QBs. Maybe, just maybe, both of these guys have contributed heavily to their team's success?

Fwiw, Wilson and Dalton were the top 2 QBs last year by passer rating. I think in a few years, it's very possible that they'll be viewed as the top 2 QBs in the NFL. Or close to it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2016, 11:46 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Russell Wilson is a fantastic QB.

Both are on great teams.

The Seahawks are 46-18 (.719) with Wilson. They went 23-41 (.359) in the 4 years before drafting him.
The Bengals are 50-25-1 (.664) with Dalton. They went 33-46-1 (.419) in the 5 years before drafting him.

Idk about you guys, but I find it a little hard to believe that both of these teams suddenly got so amazing that they could carry mediocre QBs. Maybe, just maybe, both of these guys have contributed heavily to their team's success?

Fwiw, Wilson and Dalton were the top 2 QBs last year by passer rating. I think in a few years, it's very possible that they'll be viewed as the top 2 QBs in the NFL. Or close to it.

Fantastic post. I completely agree. Both are very good QBs and both have helped to turn their franchises around. These 2 are not the QBs I would just sit around and nitpick. Yes, Dalton needs to make a playoff push, but that's really all you can say about the guy.

Do they both make errant throws? Of course. Do they both make mental mistakes at times? Absolutely. For some reason, these 2 (especially Dalton) are held under a microscope.

I would rank Dalton 9-10 and I think after 2016, his stock will continue to rise. Again, I understand wanting to win in the playoffs, but Andy has helped turn a joke of franchise into annual contenders. No, I'm not saying he did it on his own, but he most certainly has been a big reason for it. Even after all he's done on AND off the field for Cincinnati, after all of the extra work he has put in trying to make himself better, even after turning a franchise around people still want to start over with his backup! I don't believe there is another QB in the league that has done as much for a team and city that has his OWN fans wanting him replaced. Bengals fans can be a funny bunch.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2016, 11:46 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Russell Wilson is a fantastic QB.

Both are on great teams.

Sweet post Shake. Rock On
Reply/Quote