Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pete Prisco ranks NFL starting QBs
I think 13 is fair.

8 really good games in a row does not = vaulting over guys who have won (multiple) Superbowls or have put together several seasons of high quality, elite play, or have an exceptionally high ceiling.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 08:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dalton comes in at #13, after Romo and Matt Ryan, and ahead of Bortles and James Flacco.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/priscos-top-100-players-ranking-all-32-nfl-starting-quarterbacks/

Thoughts?

Personally I think Dalton should be ahead of Ryan and perhaps Eli. I also think #3 for Ben and #7 for Luck are too high after the seasons they just had.

The writer just has favorites and that's that.  Guys with down years ranked high because Prisco just knows they'll bounce back.  Too much supposition to be taken too seriously.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think Eli Manning is one of the most overrated QBs in the league. BOTH his championships were accomplished as Wild Card teams with a 10-6 and 9-7 records. Both years they backed into the playoffs, depending on other teams to get beat.

One of the most inconsistent QBs in the league.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2016, 03:26 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I think Eli Manning is one of the most overrated QBs in the league. BOTH his championships were accomplished as Wild Card teams with a 10-6 and 9-7 records. Both years they backed into the playoffs, depending on other teams to get beat.

One of the most inconsistent QBs in the league.

Eli's a Hall of famer.

Andy Dalton is just as or more inconsistent than Eli. He had 8 good games in 2016 with a supremely talented surrounding cast. His career signature win was a week 5 win against the Seahawks. Eli's is a Superbowl win against an undefeated Patriots team that looked like the greatest st team of all time.

Week 5 come backs don't hold a candle against Superbowl or playoff performances.
Reply/Quote
Hall of Famer??? LOL

It amazes me how there are certain members who will insert Dalton's name into every non-Dalton post they come across.

They even started a thread in the Sticky Threads section for this:
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-The-Ultimate-ALL-THINGS-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread

BTW, you will NEVER see Dalton finish 32nd in the league with a 69.4 QB rating as Eli did in 2013.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2016, 03:56 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Hall of Famer??? LOL

It amazes me how there are certain members who will insert Dalton's name into every non-Dalton post they come across.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-The-Ultimate-ALL-THINGS-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread

BTW, you will NEVER see Dalton finish 32nd in the league with a 69.4 QB rating as Eli did in 2013.

The thread is in Jungle Noise. Andy Dalton is Bengals QB. Others have brought up Eli (who in this article is rated ahead of Dalton) into it, as have you. I just brought up why people might think he's better than the Bengals QB.
Reply/Quote
Andy has a goodly large number of signature comeback wins and had them before the Seahawks game. And 2015 was actually the first season he had a "supremely talented supporting cast".

But I digress - this isn't really an Andy thread.

And has stated above, he has a good number of overrated QBs partly because he just assumes they will bounce back from bad years and partly because he does not take into account the quality of defenses played against.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2016, 04:05 PM)PDub80 Wrote: The thread is in Jungle Noise. Andy Dalton is Bengals QB. Others have brought up Eli (who in this article is rated ahead of Dalton) into it, as have you. I just brought up why people might think he's better than the Bengals QB.

You 'quoted' my post is where you messed up. I made no mention of Dalton in my post. My post was about Manning.

You should have stopped at your humorous statement of him being Hall of Fame!
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2016, 03:56 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Hall of Famer???  LOL

Yeah Dalton (like any QB) has had some bad games. Eli has had entire seasons that were comprised almost entirely of bad games.

Led the league in INTs thrice.

He really should open some debate as to what makes a QB a HOFer and if championships alone are enough. His career stat line is the epitome of average. Dalton has better career numbers.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2016, 04:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah Dalton (like any QB) has had some bad games. Eli has had entire seasons that were comprised almost entirely of bad games.

He really should open some debate as to what makes a QB a HOFer and if championships alone are enough. His career stat line is the epitome of average. Dalton has better career numbers.

Agree Shake. If Lombardis were enough then Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Jeff Hostetler, Phil Simms, Jim Plunkett, and Doug Williams have been disrespected!
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2016, 04:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah Dalton (like any QB) has had some bad games. Eli has had entire seasons that were comprised almost entirely of bad games.

Eli is a very inconsistent QB who got hot at the perfect time...twice.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If i'm remembering correctly the 09 team won a lot of games by 7pts or less thus being dubbed the "cardiac cats" while the '10 team lost a lot of games by 7pt or less. It's like the script was flipped.

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2016, 05:00 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Eli is a very inconsistent QB who got hot at the perfect time...twice.

....benefiting from some crazy lucky plays.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2016, 05:00 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Eli is a very inconsistent QB who got hot at the perfect time...twice.

Fair assessment, but I'd argue he's way more inconsistent - season to season - than our guy. He did get hot twice (as did their D) in the playoffs, but imagine if Dalton posted a 69.4 rating for an entire season... Wowzers. Dalton got absolutely roasted for throwing up an 83.5 back in 2014.

Sure Eli has a couple rings and that makes all ok, but that doesn't have much to do with my point, which is that Eli is far more inconsistent than Dalton. If you rank Eli over Dalton cuz ring(s), why not throw Flacco ahead of him too? And Palmer for for that matter.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2016, 04:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah Dalton (like any QB) has had some bad games. Eli has had entire seasons that were comprised almost entirely of bad games.

I think IF Eli had a different last name he would join Jim Plunkett in the exclusive "2 SB QB with no HOF" class.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2016, 11:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fair assessment, but I'd argue he's way more inconsistent - season to season - than our guy. He did get hot twice (as did their D) in the playoffs, but imagine if Dalton posted a 69.4 rating for an entire season... Wowzers. Dalton got absolutely roasted for throwing up an 83.5 back in 2014.

Sure Eli has a couple rings and that makes all ok, but that doesn't have much to do with my point, which is that Eli is far more inconsistent than Dalton. If you rank Eli over Dalton cuz ring(s), why not throw Flacco ahead of him too? And Palmer for for that matter.

Whoa, when did Palmer get a ring Ninja
Reply/Quote
Face it folks, even if AD takes us to the promised land multiple times the pundit class will always rank him lower. If he played in NY or pitt or any team with the 'storied history ' he'd be ranked #1, but he's a Bengal and destined to be disrespected thusly.. I don't know of any other active or non active QB with ADs accomplishments of getting to the playoffs every single season he's played including his shortened rookie campaign. IDK, MAYBE if we win the whole show a few times under AD he might get the respect, but I wouldn't bet my toolbox on that being the case.
After all, look at the disrespect given to KA despite his passing titles.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2016, 05:40 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Whoa, when did Palmer get a ring Ninja

When he proposed to his wife?  That's the only time I could see it happening....
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2016, 12:59 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I think IF Eli had a different last name he would join Jim Plunkett in the exclusive "2 SB QB with no HOF" class.

Yeah if his name were Eli Galakowitz, I don't think he'd have a snowball's chance of making the HOF, even with the rings.

The rest of his career has been "blah" at best. 3 other playoff appearances, all one-n-done. Career rating of 83.5 (same as 2014 Dalton).

(06-05-2016, 05:40 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Whoa, when did Palmer get a ring Ninja

I was saying that by the "ring = awesome" logic, why not put Flacco ahead of Dalton and Palmer?

I know you put a ninja in there, but just in case there's any confusion, that's what I meant.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2016, 11:07 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah if his name were Eli Galakowitz, I don't think he'd have a snowball's chance of making the HOF, even with the rings.

The rest of his career has been "blah" at best. 3 other playoff appearances, all one-n-done. Career rating of 83.5 (same as 2014 Dalton).

I was saying that by the "ring = awesome" logic, why not put Flacco ahead of Dalton and Palmer?

I know you put a ninja in there, but just in case there's any confusion, that's what I meant.

Flacco will join Dilfer, Williams, Johnson, Plunkett and all the other boys the pundits put on the worst SB champion QBs.
Reply/Quote