Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peter King on Whitworth
Just listened to Daily Drive on XM radio coming to work.

King says Whit is having an amazing year, does not allow Goff even to be touched and will definitely be all-pro.

Does anyone know how Z has graded out for the Browns this year?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 10:50 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Just listened to Daily Drive on XM radio coming to work.

King says Whit is having an amazing year, does not allow Goff even to be touched and will definitely be all-pro.

Does anyone know how Z has graded out for the Browns this year?

Zeitler grades out at 82.9 or Above Average and the #9 Guard currently.

But, fans on these boards like to say that Whitworth and Zeitler are playing terrible for their new teams.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
For comparison sake: Hopkins grades out at 45.4 or Poor and the #46 Guard. He was in the 30's for most of the year so the last 2 games pulled his grade up considerably.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 11:11 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Zeitler grades out at 82.9 or Above Average and the #9 Guard currently.

But, fans on these boards like to say that Whitworth and Zeitler are playing terrible for their new teams.  Hilarious

Find me one post that claims Whit is playing “terrible” this year.

I’ll wait...

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 11:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Find me one post that claims Whit is playing “terrible” this year.

I’ll wait...

They were mainly at the start of the year where people talked about him struggling.
Reply/Quote
I could have reconciled losing one of them in free agency (presumably Zeitler). The fact that we lost both is unconscionable. It still sickens me that Mike Brown wouldn't stick with a guy who has proven to be nothing but reliable. More than reliable, even. He was a genuine leader and gave the offense a voice while Dalton and Green seemed content with being silent.

I have two hopes for January:

1) Mike Zimmer wins at least one playoff game
2) Andrew Whitworth wins at least one playoff game

Both deserve it, and nothing would please me more than that one-two punch making Mike Brown look like a colossal idiot.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 11:28 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I could have reconciled losing one of them in free agency (presumably Zeitler).  The fact that we lost both is unconscionable.  It still sickens me that Mike Brown wouldn't stick with a guy who has proven to be nothing but reliable.  More than reliable, even.  He was a genuine leader and gave the offense a voice while Dalton and Green seemed content with being silent.

Tail end of the season, and I feel the exact same way still. I think that really killed the vibe in the locker room, too. They're not stupid. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I'll never forgive this team for not keeping Whitworth. I don't give a shit if you have 5 first round tackles waiting on your roster, you don't let a guy who's 35, playing the best football in his career, and has been a cornerstone of this team for over a decade just walk away like that. ***** stupid.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 11:28 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I could have reconciled losing one of them in free agency (presumably Zeitler).  The fact that we lost both is unconscionable.  It still sickens me that Mike Brown wouldn't stick with a guy who has proven to be nothing but reliable.  More than reliable, even.  He was a genuine leader and gave the offense a voice while Dalton and Green seemed content with being silent.

Both deserve it, and nothing would please me more than that one-two punch making Mike Brown look like a colossal idiot.

I think that's already been established across the league. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 11:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Find me one post that claims Whit is playing “terrible” this year.

I’ll wait...

week 2 or 3. after the Redskins game people i think there was 2 or 3 were saying he was struggling.  i have no idea what games fans are watching sometimes.   Whitworth is gonna go hall of fame if he goes to 3 more probowls
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 12:16 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: week 2 or 3. after the Redskins game people i think there was 2 or 3 were saying he was struggling.  i have no idea what games fans are watching sometimes.   Whitworth is gonna go hall of fame if he goes to 3 more probowls

Yep, I read it too......Whit is a perennial pro bowler that stuck with a middling franchise and didn't get his just dues.  As thanks for that, we let him walk.  SMH.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Keeping Whitworth would have given this team a decent chance at making the playoffs.
Much better than Cedric Ogbuehi and his league-leading eight (!) sacks allowed.

Quote:Performances of Note:
LT Cedric Ogbuehi, 66.0 overall grade
Nothing new from the Bengals left tackle, as he allowed two sacks and four other hurries. That brings Ogbuehi’s season sack total to eight, the most of any left tackle in the NFL.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-chicago-bears-33-cincinnati-bengals-7
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I believe Whit didn't want to be here any longer. He saw the writing on the wall, that said this team will be bad this year and also Lewis isn't coming back after this season. Think about it, 2 more years of guaranteed money instead of 1 and playing in a warmer climate in November, December and January.
Reply/Quote
I've said this before...Andy Dalton takes a team-friendly deal and Mike Brown returns the favor by act like only the 3 richest sultans on earth could ever afford to pay the 2 money-gubbering o-linemen who are tasked with keeping Dalton alive. Dalton is too nice a guy to get mad, though. He's probably the type of guy who would help burglars load his stuff they were stealing into their big, white windowless van, too.

Going into 2017 I figured we'd have ample time to count "our" savings while Dalton was looking up at the sky.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 12:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Keeping Whitworth would have given this team a decent chance at making the playoffs.
Much better than Cedric Ogbuehi and his league-leading eight (!) sacks allowed.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-chicago-bears-33-cincinnati-bengals-7

Ouch!

DT Andrew Billings, 39.2 overall grade

Billings was a liability all day long in run defense. He simply didn’t have the lateral agility to run with the Bears outside-zone-heavy attack and got continually taken out of his gap.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 11:59 AM)Wyche Wrote: I think that's already been established across the league. LMAO

Yeah other franchises aren't like 'Wow, Imagine how worse the Bengals would be if Mike Brown didn't own them!'
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 11:25 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They were mainly at the start of the year where people talked about him struggling.

I watched Whit exclusively in the Rams first game of the season, he did struggle in that game.

Really came around after that though. Biggest mistake we made in the Offseason was letting Whit go without question.

Yeah, i hope Zim or Whit get a ring more than anything now since we are out of the running.
Reply/Quote
What makes this even more disturbing is how loyal Mike has been throughout his tenure. How many less deserving guys has he kept around (*cough*Merv*cough*) yet he won't pay Whitworth what he deserves?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 05:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ouch!

DT Andrew Billings, 39.2 overall grade

Billings was a liability all day long in run defense. He simply didn’t have the lateral agility to run with the Bears outside-zone-heavy attack and got continually taken out of his gap.

Damn, was hoping Billings would come around as the season went on. The injury must still be lingering.

Don't worry though, next year he should become that dominant run stopper we need i am sure of it. Still very young.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 11:11 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Zeitler grades out at 82.9 or Above Average and the #9 Guard currently.

Oh please when has anyone said that.... Whit is probly one of the biggest reasons for the turnaround in LA...

Bengals had to make a choice.  They already had an heir apparent drafted and went that direction... Most OL guys aren't playing near Whits level at his age.
Reply/Quote