Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Peter King reveals the results for last week's playoff vote
[Image: B7DeLSa0Boc6.jpg]
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Thank you. Good to get this list. Thought Buffalo had voted to approve, but they, like KC were abstentions.

Came so close to not passing. All NFC but Chicago voted for the proposal. 
Reply/Quote
Respect to Buffalo and KC. No respect to the Ravens. All other NFL teams just didn’t want to rock the boat.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 01:07 PM)Trademark Wrote: [Image: B7DeLSa0Boc6.jpg]

Ravens and Jags were the only AFC playoff teams to vote. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 01:16 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Respect to Buffalo and KC. No respect to the Ravens. All other NFL teams just didn’t want to rock the boat.

Ravens clearly taking ANY advantage they can get in trying to beat the Bengals.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Good on both Buffalo and Kansas for abstaining here. Preferred a No vote, but can understand why they'd take the 'we're not getting involved' stance.
Reply/Quote
Just another reason to hate Baltimore and Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 01:16 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Respect to Buffalo and KC. No respect to the Ravens. All other NFL teams just didn’t want to rock the boat.

From what I read, the Ravens were the ones causing all of the commotion that led to the vote anyway. They're approaching Stooler level dislike for me.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 02:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: From what I read, the Ravens were the ones causing all of the commotion that led to the vote anyway. They're approaching Stooler level dislike for me.

Yet, they couldn't get it done on the field, and take advantage of a possible coin toss.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 01:37 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Just another reason to hate Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

and the clowns
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 02:57 PM)Trademark Wrote: and the clowns

And the 49er's. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
How can you justify abstaining. This vote was about changing the rules for the playoffs 8 days before the playoffs. Regardless of the effect on any team, this should not have been acceptable to anyone. Especially Buffalo should have had our back. Perhaps if they had spoken up and backed the Bengals with an emphatic no vote, maybe others would have voted no as well and this fiasco avoided. And yes, regardless of yesterday’s results it does matter. A precedent has been set.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 04:08 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: How can you justify abstaining. This vote was about changing the rules for the playoffs 8 days before the playoffs. Regardless of the effect on any team, this should not have been acceptable to anyone.  Especially Buffalo should have had our back. Perhaps if they had spoken up and backed the Bengals with an emphatic no vote, maybe others would have voted no as well and this fiasco avoided. And yes, regardless of yesterday’s results it does matter. A precedent has been set.

You don't know that Buffalo didn't speak up. Abstaining on voting on something that directly affects you is pretty standard everywhere, and an abstention is basically a no vote, because they only counted the yes votes. Good on both Buffalo and KC. F the Ravens. JoeyB and da boys need to lay 50 on them Sunday night.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 04:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You don't know that Buffalo didn't speak up. Abstaining on voting on something that directly affects you is pretty standard everywhere, and an abstention is basically a no vote, because they only counted the yes votes. Good on both Buffalo and KC. F the Ravens. JoeyB and da boys need to lay 50 on them Sunday night.

This. Need to give the Rats the biggest beat down of their lives Sunday night.
Reply/Quote
I want Bart Scott crying on a the talk shows again. I want Wink Martindale to feel the sting even though he's no longer there. I want Hairball to suffer the shits from anxiety. And I want Taylor to go over, shake his hand, then tell him "Now get the F out of my stadium!!!"
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 02:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yet, they couldn't get it done on the field, and take advantage of a possible coin toss
Yes, they took advantage of it.  If it were left per the current rules, Bengals would be 3rd seed, AFCN champs, and hosting the home game before the game even started.  Instead, we played starters, they rested, and now we dealing with missing Cappa.  We almost lost Boyd and Higgins.
I understand the 2nd seed was still in play, but even Burrow said in the press conference that he just assumed Bills would win.  We will never know who would have played and how much.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 04:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I want Bart Scott crying on a the talk shows again. I want Wink Martindale to feel the sting even though he's no longer there. I want Hairball to suffer the shits from anxiety. And I want Taylor to go over, shake his hand, then tell him "Now get the F out of my stadium!!!"

LOL. I like Wink alot as I played lots of slow pitch/fast pitch softball back in the day with him. Dayton boy.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 04:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You don't know that Buffalo didn't speak up. Abstaining on voting on something that directly affects you is pretty standard everywhere, and an abstention is basically a no vote, because they only counted the yes votes. Good on both Buffalo and KC. F the Ravens. JoeyB and da boys need to lay 50 on them Sunday night.

Agree to disagree. Using that logic, Cincinnati should have abstained and allowed this BS without protest.  In any event this was about changing the established rules in the middle of the game. Pretty clear that Buffalo did not have our back.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 04:30 PM)BleedNOrange Wrote: Yes, they took advantage of it.  If it were left per the current rules, Bengals would be 3rd seed, AFCN champs, and hosting the home game before the game even started.  Instead, we played starters, they rested, and now we dealing with missing Cappa.  We almost lost Boyd and Higgins.
I understand the 2nd seed was still in play, but even Burrow said in the press conference that he just assumed Bills would win.  We will never know who would have played and how much.

Maybe, they never got a W or L from the Bills game.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 04:08 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: How can you justify abstaining. This vote was about changing the rules for the playoffs 8 days before the playoffs. Regardless of the effect on any team, this should not have been acceptable to anyone.  Especially Buffalo should have had our back. Perhaps if they had spoken up and backed the Bengals with an emphatic no vote, maybe others would have voted no as well and this fiasco avoided. And yes, regardless of yesterday’s results it does matter. A precedent has been set.

Most feel that abstaining is the proper way to do it for teams involved in the playoffs, to avoid any question of bias. 

The Ravens clearly don't care about bias. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote