Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peter King's Award Panel
King assembled a panel of 36 voters in the media (including at least 10 former players), and had them vote on the awards. None of these people do the official AP vote. Still, it's a good preview for who is getting hype in the media, so it may be a good indicator for how the actual awards will turn out.

Here's who won each award, with votes in (parentheses). Bengals receiving votes will also be listed.

MVP: Aaron Rodgers (32)
Coach: Mike Vrabel (22) - Zac Taylor (1)
Offensive Player: Cooper Kupp (20)
Defensive Player: TJ Watt (23)
Offensive Rookie: Ja'Marr Chase (31)
Defensive Rookie: Micah Parsons (36)
Executive: Bill Belichick (10) - Duke Tobin (6)
Assistant: Dan Quinn (21)
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
No offense to Chase, but Parsons had an incredible season. Glad they give a ROY for both offense and defense.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 06:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No offense to Chase, but Parsons had an incredible season.  Glad they give a ROY for both offense and defense.

Even if they weren't I don't think he had a more incredible season than Chase.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 06:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No offense to Chase, but Parsons had an incredible season. Glad they give a ROY for both offense and defense.
Yea he has been insane. For a rookie to be able to start out playing linebacker , then have to play Dline due to injuries and dominate. If I had to pick a weakness, it would be coverage, but even so he’s already one of the best defensive players in the league.
Reply/Quote
The fact that 5 people voted for Mac Jones (I would assume) over Chase is lame. Clearly this past weekend showed why. I'm surprised Taylor didn't get more votes.

Losing Henry is obviously a pretty big deal but we see every single year the value of a RB really isn't that high and I bet Taylor way over achieved vs expectations than the Titans did without Henry.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 06:34 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Even if they weren't I don't think he had a more incredible season than Chase.

I might give it to Chase if I had to choose, but I could certainly see arguments from both sides. The most pleasant surprise w Chase has been how good of a blocker he’s been.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 06:38 PM)TheFan Wrote: The fact that 5 people voted for Mac Jones (I would assume) over Chase is lame. Clearly this past weekend showed why. I'm surprised Taylor didn't get more votes.

Losing Henry is obviously a pretty big deal but we see every single year the value of a RB really isn't that high and I bet Taylor way over achieved vs expectations than the Titans did without Henry.

I thumbs up’d for the first part. But Vrabel tho is also very deserving. They had perhaps the worst string of injuries I’ve seen in the NFL, along with Henry’s. (Without taking the time to look: AJ Brown, Molden, Hooker, Jayon Brown, Evans, Lewan, Julio Jones, Caleb Farley , the guy who filled in for Farley Chris Jackson I believe is his name, David Long , Bud Dupree , and I think I’m forgetting a few)
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 06:38 PM)TheFan Wrote: The fact that 5 people voted for Mac Jones (I would assume) over Chase is lame. Clearly this past weekend showed why. I'm surprised Taylor didn't get more votes.

Peter King actually has a vote on the actual awards, and the dummy voted for Creed Humphrey over Chase.

Yeah I know Creed was the top rated Center, but this is like voting for an interior lineman over Randy Moss in 1998.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 06:41 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: I thumbs up’d for the first part.  But  Vrabel tho is also very deserving.  They had perhaps the worst string of injuries I’ve seen in the NFL, along with Henry’s. (Without taking the time to look: AJ Brown, Molden, Hooker, Jayon Brown, Evans, Lewan, Julio Jones, Caleb Farley , the guy who filled in for Farley Chris Jackson I believe is his name, David Long , Bud Dupree , and I think I’m forgetting a few)

Oh I think Vrabel is an excellent coach and don't have a problem with him winning. But they haven't had less than 9 wins in like 5 years and most of them probably expected them to be an 11 to 12 win team. 

That said, part of why people thought we'd be a 4 win team was because of Taylor. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 06:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No offense to Chase, but Parsons had an incredible season.  Glad they give a ROY for both offense and defense.

Don't you want to word it  "the more incredible season" (if that is your perspective). As you worded it, Fred, you are stating that Chase didn't have an incredible season.  Personally, Chase broke so many rookie records (NFL and Bengals) that he had, in my view, "an incredible season." I'm a Parson fan, and PSU alumni, but I'd be hard-pressed to choose between the two.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 06:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Peter King actually has a vote on the actual awards, and the dummy voted for Creed Humphrey over Chase.

Yeah I know Creed was the top rated Center, but this is like voting for an interior lineman over Randy Moss in 1998.

I'm actually okay with that. If we don't consider vague notions like "value" and just ask "who was best relative to their position group league-wide?", then that vote is fine by me. I highly doubt Chase is losing to either of them, but I would say three votes make enough sense to be justified:

Rashawn Slater
Creed Humphrey
Ja'Marr Chase

Mac Jones would be a joke.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 06:34 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Even if they weren't I don't think he had a more incredible season than Chase.

They were equally outstanding. Chase did things we haven’t seen since Moss, and Parsons is being mentioned along side LT.

Then you have Pitts, and the OT’s like Slater and Sewell. It was a remarkable draft class for the high end guys. At least outside of the QB’s. And obviously it’s still super early on them.

Reply/Quote
Yeah yeah Parsons had a great year. Is everyone forgetting that he is a piece of crap?? Lmao. There is a very good reason in fact several that he was not drafted in the top 5 like Chase.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 05:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: King assembled a panel of 36 voters in the media (including at least 10 former players), and had them vote on the awards. None of these people do the official AP vote. Still, it's a good preview for who is getting hype in the media, so it may be a good indicator for how the actual awards will turn out.

Here's who won each award, with votes in (parentheses). Bengals receiving votes will also be listed.

MVP: Aaron Rodgers (32)
Coach: Mike Vrabel (22) - Zac Taylor (1)
Offensive Player: Cooper Kupp (20)
Defensive Player: TJ Watt (23)
Offensive Rookie: Ja'Marr Chase (31)
Defensive Rookie: Micah Parsons (36)
Executive: Bill Belichick (10) - Duke Tobin (6)
Assistant: Dan Quinn (21)

I don't get it.  Mike Vrabel is a hell of a coach, but how the hell does he get it with a loss against the Jets, and four games against the Jags and Texans.  

And while I'm at it, Rogers had the Bears and Lions for four games.  Burrow should be league MVP.  Especially with that douchey COVID crap Rogers pulled.  
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 07:19 PM)TheFan Wrote: Oh I think Vrabel is an excellent coach and don't have a problem with him winning. But they haven't had less than 9 wins in like 5 years and most of them probably expected them to be an 11 to 12 win team. 

That said, part of why people thought we'd be a 4 win team was because of Taylor. 

Yeah I think they both have legit claims.
Reply/Quote
Duke is an underrated part of this teams success.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 09:28 PM)J24 Wrote: Duke is an underrated part of this teams success.

About time, he was getting a bit iffy for a while.  Ninja
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 08:10 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Yeah yeah Parsons had a great year. Is everyone forgetting that he is a piece of crap?? Lmao. There is a very good reason in fact several that he was not drafted in the top 5 like Chase.

We have Mixon so we don't talk.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 09:39 PM)magikod Wrote: About time, he was getting a bit iffy for a while.  Ninja

You're being generous! I had lost my patience with him!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 10:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have Mixon so we don't talk.

I am not handing him any awards either. Lol
Reply/Quote