Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peyton Manning to announce retirement Monday
#18 will announce his retirement at a 1:00PM Eastern press conference Monday.

Breaking news from NFL.com
Reply/Quote
Good to hear. It's sad when they want to hang on longer than they should, and you get a Joe Namath/LA Rams kind of situation.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2016, 10:12 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Good to hear.  It's sad when they want to hang on longer than they should, and you get a Joe Namath/LA Rams kind of situation.

When players get old I don't blame them for playing as long as they can.  There is nothing they will ever do that will be as big of a thrill as playing professional sports. If I was them I would not care what the fans felt about my "legacy".  I would play as long as I could make a team even as a back up.

But Manning is not just old.  He is beaten up.  He has had multiple operations on his neck.  There is no way he should risk further injury.
Reply/Quote
Manning just thanked me in his retirement speech.

Suck on that, losers.
Reply/Quote
I wonder how much money the networks are throwing at him right about now. Studio or game color guy?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 10:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: When players get old I don't blame them for playing as long as they can.  There is nothing they will ever do that will be as big of a thrill as playing professional sports. If I was them I would not care what the fans felt about my "legacy".  I would play as long as I could make a team even as a back up.

But Manning is not just old.  He is beaten up.  He has had multiple operations on his neck.  There is no way he should risk further injury.

I read a column by a guy who described him getting out of his equipmen after a game.  Took more than half an hour for him to do so.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 03:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Manning just thanked me in his retirement speech.

Suck on that, losers.

Oh the tea bagging controversy in college part of the speech? Ninja
Reply/Quote
Great career. Good guy.
Reply/Quote
Farewell to a great QB and a legendary Colt. Peyton will always be a Colt to me. He'll be missed in the NFL.

That was a great retirement speech. Was funny and touching at the same time. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 12:25 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Farewell to a great QB and a legendary Colt. Peyton will always be a Colt to me. He'll be missed in the NFL.

That was a great retirement speech. Was funny and touching at the same time. ThumbsUp

Oh yeah I forgot he got his start in Indy.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 04:44 PM)GodFather Wrote: Oh the tea bagging controversy in college part of the speech? Ninja

Yes.  The personally thanked all Vol fans for completely ignoring that.
Reply/Quote