Poll: Do your religious beliefs play a roll in your decision making process?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Your Religious Beliefs Impact Your Decision Making?
(11-02-2020, 04:08 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: LOL LOL LOL

I find it hilarious that I had the EXACT SAME reaction to his post that you did! LOL LOL LOL

BTW, I believe you are looking for Belinda Carlisle...

Wait, was she in the Go Gos or the Bangles?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 04:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wait, was she in the Go Gos or the Bangles?

Go Go's , I'm pretty sure she didn't walk like an Egyptian.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 04:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wait, was she in the Go Gos or the Bangles?

LOL Go-Gos! LOL

And until you asked, I didn't even know that!!!!! LOL I thought she was a random solo artist. (looked her up)

I'm just rolling in laughter right now LOL

BTW, OT, Matt has it downpat; Catholic teachings/morals (and the 10, of course) have formed the base of my belief/moral/ethical beliefs and that will remain for the rest of my life, I feel.

But, like every second of life, very little is truly black and white, thus my beliefs are not always in the right, but more what is right for me and mine. (luckily, I don't get myself into those really-serious situations).

If you're talking about policy and laws, sure some universal laws like the 10 could be factored in, but no, religious belief should have 0 bearing on law-making.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 09:08 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I voted yes. Your personal morals will always guide your decision making, and religion is one thing that can shape your morality. It's not the only thing, but if you grew up in a religion and/or are currently in one, it shaped your morals whether you know it or not. I know for certain that my experiences within one of the historical peace churches shaped many of my morals, but at the same time there are many things they believe in that I do not adhere to. The same is true of my current (albeit loose) affiliation with the ELCA and even some of my Druidic practicing during my teens and twenties.

This isn't the same, though, as saying that I base decisions on my religious beliefs, but those religious beliefs have shaped my morals and values over the years.

When you say religious teachings have assumed a role in shaping your morality, may I ask if there are any moral or immoral actions that you would still not view as such absent the religious teachings? 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 05:13 PM)Lucidus Wrote: When you say religious teachings have assumed a role in shaping your morality, may I ask if there are any moral or immoral actions that you would still not view as such absent the religious teachings? 

Don't want to speak for Bels, but I would say for a lot of people the biggest area would be in sexual relations.

Without religious teachings all sorts of sexual actions including group sex, homosexuality, plural marriage, and even some forms of incest would have no real reason to be considered "wrong".
Reply/Quote