Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Philadelphia Bengals for two weeks
(01-30-2023, 06:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For some strange reason I found myself rooting for SF yesterday. Maybe it was an allergic reaction to something. WTS I'll most likely be pulling for Philly

You were rooting for Bengals vs 49ers III ?  Mellow
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 05:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: Just like we through the playoff wins and Superbowl appearances in the face of Herbert/Charger fans. We'd have no argument if Hurts wins a SB.

Hurts won’t be considered better than Burrow by any serious analyst. He’s thrown for less than 150 yards in both their wins. Hurts is good and likely top 10, but boasts the best offensive line, top trio of receivers, and one of the best defenses. 3 10 sack defenders and like the fourth team with 70+ sacks. They also won the superbowl just 5 years ago.

Burrow is still the best QB of that draft class and likely will be for his career.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 06:57 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Hurts won’t be considered better than Burrow by any serious analyst. He’s thrown for less than 150 yards in both their wins. Hurts is good and likely top 10, but boasts the best offensive line, top trio of receivers, and one of the best defenses. 3 10 sack defenders and like the fourth team with 70+ sacks. They also won the superbowl just 5 years ago.

Burrow is still the best QB of that draft class and likely will be for his career.

You sound like Charger fans pointing to Burrows weapons...

All that will matter is which QB led his team to a SB win...

That would be all... Not sure why anyone who knows fandom would think otherwise. A SB ring silences many.

Hell we used a SB APPEARANCE to silence Charger fans.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 05:07 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if this is a multiple score game by Philly. Not sure we would have had much of a shot either. They are just so loaded everywhere

I don't know, when I watched the Eagles yesterday I wasn't impressed. Hassan Reddick is damn good but to play against a team
with no QB and look that way was telling to me. I think the Chiefs beat them if both teams are playing like they did yesterday, 
especially if Mahomes is close to 100% by Super Bowl Sunday.

And oh yeah, Landon Dickerson hurt his arm and it looked bad. That hurts the great O-line going against Chris Jones and that
Defensive front that abused our guys.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 05:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I won't be watching or rooting for anyone in the SB. Pribably watch reruns of something less scripted, like Wreslemania

I have no plans to watch, either.  I've skipped a few games over the years and this will just be another one.  The next football game I'll watch will be our first 2023 pre-season game.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 07:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: You sound like Charger fans pointing to Burrows weapons...

All that will matter is which QB led his team to a SB win...

That would be all... Not sure why anyone who knows fandom would think otherwise. A SB ring silences many.

So Trent Dilfer, Doug Johnson, Nick Foles, Joe Flacco, must be better than Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, Warren Moon, etc.

Chill the world is not falling just because someone else in Burrows draft class wins a Super Bowl. The Bengals got where they are because of Burrow, and Eagles got where they are with hurts. There is a difference.
Reply/Quote
Burrow haters would tell you otherwise (they'd point to his weapons).....

Let's not act like Eagles didn't lose every game without Hurts this year. You aren't prepared for this argument (clearly). Be careful not to walk into traps trying to debate this with them. They are ready for this conversation.

You are sounding like Charger fans attacking Burrow's success.

I didn't say the sky was falling. I said we'd lose the argument as they would just highlight their ring. As we would in the who is the best QB from the 2020 class argument. Nothing outrageous. Just fandom facts.

Charger fans mentioned all those names too last year to argue playoff wins and Superbowl appearances didn't mean Burrow was better then Herbert. Funny how that works.

Reply/Quote
I don't want to sound like Charger fans.... GO KC!

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 07:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: Burrow haters would tell you otherwise (they'd point to his weapons).....

Let's not act like Eagles didn't lose every game without Hurts this year. You aren't prepared for this argument (clearly). Be careful not to walk into traps trying to debate this with them. They are ready for this conversation.

You are sounding like Charger fans attacking Burrow's success.

I didn't say the sky was falling. I said we'd lose the argument as they would just highlight their ring. As we would in the who is the best QB from the 2020 class argument. Nothing outrageous. Just fandom facts.

Charger fans mentioned all those names too last year to argue playoff wins and Superbowl appearances didn't mean Burrow was better then Herbert. Funny how that works.

Ben Roethlisburger won a Super Bowl before Peyton Manning and no one would tell you Ben was better that year. Heck he even beat Peyton to get to the Super Bowl.

You act like they lost 6/7 games. They lost 2 without him and one they still put up 34 points.

You are acting irrational, and emotionally. You are the one not prepared for this.

There is more than enough evidence to point that Super Bowl wins don’t mean a QB is better. Is success a part of it? Sure, but actual play outweighs it and Burrow has outplayed all of his counterparts since his 1st healthy season.
Reply/Quote
I'm not rooting for either the Chiefs or Eagles, but I'll be watching the Super Bowl. It would have been nice to make it into the big game, but the Eagles Dline is nasty and going forward Burrow will need a good Oline to win a Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 07:26 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Ben Roethlisburger won a Super Bowl before Peyton Manning and no one would tell you Ben was better that year. Heck he even beat Peyton to get to the Super Bowl.

You act like they lost 6/7 games. They lost 2 without him and one they still put up 34 points.

You are acting irrational, and emotionally. You are the one not prepared for this.

They weren't in the same draft class.... You are reaching now. I think you sound emotional. I'm stating fandom facts on how this thing works. 

You know what Pittsburg fans did do.... Claim Big Ben was the (QB) steal of that draft class and pointed to his SB's.... 

I don't think this was the clap back you thought it was.... Nothing personal.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 07:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: They weren't in the same draft class.... You are reaching now. I think you sound emotional. I'm stating fandom facts on how this thing works. 

You know what Pittsburg fans did do.... Claim Big Ben was the steal of that draft class and pointed to his SB's.... 

I don't think this was the clap back you thought it was.... Nothing personal.

The point still stands whether they were in the same draft class or not. No that is not how it works. When 32/32 teams would take Burrow over Hurts, there is no argument.

I wouldn’t care if it was personal because you make no sense with your argument. If you’re that insecure about Burrow’s status you may want to reconsider some things.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 07:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: You know what Pittsburg fans did do.... Claim Big Ben was the (QB) steal of that draft class and pointed to his SB's.... 

Neither Eli or Phillip were as accomplished or statistically as good as Burrow by the time Ben won his Super Bowl. But no there was no landslide verdict that Ben was the best QB in his class and there are still some who would argue Phillip Rivers was the best of the three.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 07:35 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: The point still stands  

What point was that? I wasn't arguing Burrow was better or not then a QB from a different draft class...... I wasn't one of the lames pointing to Burrows defense and weapons as reasons for his playoff success and SB run to downplay his status (like Charger fans did Burrow and you are with Hurts). You flailing. 

I'm stating facts. SB rings silence fanbases. And yes, leading your team to a SB victory means something when it comes to narratives. 

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 07:40 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Neither Eli or Phillip were as accomplished or statistically as good as Burrow by the time Ben won his Super Bowl. But no there was no landslide verdict that Ben was the best QB in his class and there are still some who would argue Phillip Rivers was the best of the three.

And they don't have a leg to stand on without any rings.... And if they did have any points all Giant and Steeler fans have to do is point to their team rings. 

Right or wrong, rings silence fanbases in our back and forths on who's got the better QB.

It ain't about insecurity of our qb's it's fan banter. It's sports.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 07:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: What point was that? I wasn't arguing Burrow was better or not then a QB from a different draft class...... I wasn't one of the lames pointing to Burrows defense and weapons as reasons for his playoff success and SB run to downplay his status (like Charger fans did Burrow and you are with Hurts). You flailing. 

I'm stating facts. SB rings silence fanbases. And yes, leading your team to a SB victory means something when it comes to narratives. 

Lol. There are no facts in any of your posts. Burrow and Herbert are statically close and that is when success plays a factor.
Burrow and Hurts are not even in the same tier, so success does not matter.

I’m sorry you can’t keep up or wrap your head around this easy concept, but outside of Eagles fans, no one will tell you Hurts is better Super Bowl or not.

Draft class or not, super bowls alone does not define where a QB sits in the league.
Reply/Quote
Choosing who you would rather win between the Chiefs and Eagles is like choosing if you would rather get the crabs from Cherrycake down at the strip club or chlamydia from her friend Honeytits.

Prefer Eagles win I suppose.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 07:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: And they don't have a leg to stand on without any rings.... And if they did have any points all Giant and Steeler fans have to do is point to their team rings. 

Right or wrong, rings silence fanbases in our back and forths on who's got the better QB.

It ain't about insecurity of our qb's it's fan banter. It's sports.

You really are concerned about what Philly fans will say. That’s insecurity on your part.
Reply/Quote
I'm done with football till the draft.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 05:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: I can't. We've finally beat back the Herbert is better than Burrow takes. If Hurts wins a SB then the debate is done. Hurts is the steal and best QB of the 2020 draft. And I don't want to hear that talking point.

Go KC. No shame in losing to KC in an AFCC.

Just like we threw the playoff wins and Superbowl appearances in the face of Herbert/Charger fans. We'd have no argument if Hurts wins a SB.

Hurts, like Mahomes is a system QB. Put em on sh!t teams with no Olines & they won't ever finish a season healthy.
Reply/Quote