Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Philadelphia Bengals for two weeks
(01-30-2023, 07:53 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Hurts, like Mahomes is a system QB. Put em on sh!t teams with no Olines & they won't ever finish a season healthy.

This can’t be a serious post. Mahomes is arguably the most physically gifted QB of All-Time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Rooting for KC, have liked them back to the days of Hank Stram, Dawson and Taylor. Plus have friends and family members that support them and Mahomes is not only a great QB but a class act.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 05:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: I can't. We've finally beat back the Herbert is better than Burrow takes. If Hurts wins a SB then the debate is done. Hurts is the steal and best QB of the 2020 draft. And I don't want to hear that talking point.

Go KC. No shame in losing to KC in an AFCC.

Just like we threw the playoff wins and Superbowl appearances in the face of Herbert/Charger fans. We'd have no argument if Hurts wins a SB.

Yeah, well I think people know Burrow was the best QB taken in the draft and Hurts would have struggled starting on day 1 on a 2-14 team.  With that being said, Burrow isn't the first 1st overall pick QB who watches a QB or two in his class taken after him win a SB before he does (if Philly wins).  There will always be that cliched take that we could have had Hurts and like 3+ high draft picks instead of Burrow, so meh.

Burrow is actually the first franchise QB we've had who has been in this situation.  Anderson was a 3rd round pick, Boomer/Dalton were 2nd round picks, and Palmer was the 1st overall pick but other than Rex Grossman being carried to that one SB no one in his QB class outperformed him.

But again, Burrow was the right choice and everyone knows it...it's just going to be a media narrative.  Then again, I think it'd be more likely to be held over Carson Wentz's head than anyone else.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 07:35 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: The point still stands whether they were in the same draft class or not. No that is not how it works. When 32/32 teams would take Burrow over Hurts, there is no argument.

I wouldn’t care if it was personal because you make no sense with your argument. If you’re that insecure about Burrow’s status you may want to reconsider some things.

At this time I tend to agree that probably every team would take Burrow but each year Hurt has improved and this year he was on target to probably be the MVP with a record breaking year at QB with TDS passing and running until he got hurt.  If he performs well in SB and continues to improve he will have earned to be right with Burrow and a select few as top tier QBs in the NFL. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 07:50 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: You really are concerned about what Philly fans will say. That’s insecurity on your part.

Call it what you want but I’m not rooting for no QB from the 2020 draft to win a Super Bowl before Burrow. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 06:05 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Last second field goal = Whooped arse?  Mellow

In all fairness, all 3 of our wins over them were by 3 points each and I must admit that I, along with a lot of Bengals fans, got a bit smug about how much we owned them.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 07:53 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Hurts, like Mahomes is a system QB. Put em on sh!t teams with no Olines & they won't ever finish a season healthy.

and what is a system QB to you ?  I don;t see it at all with Mahomes, i see it more with Burrow , Mahomes is a free lance guy with probably the most physical talent ive seen at QB..
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness, all 3 of our wins over them were by 3 points each and I must admit that I, along with a lot of Bengals fans, got a bit smug about how much we owned them.

That’s because it was 3 in a row. But nobody ever claimed we “whooped” them. It took comebacks all 3 times, and one of them in OT.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: and what is a system QB to you ?  I don;t see it at all with Mahomes, i see it more with Burrow , Mahomes is a free lance guy with probably the most physical talent ive seen at QB..

Facepalm

#burrowderangementsyndrome

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s because it was 3 in a row. But nobody ever claimed we “whooped” them. It took comebacks all 3 times, and one of them in OT.

Meh, a win is a win and yea 3 wins is more than 1 win for sure.  It was fun and I don't regret doing it, but we were pretty pumped about how Burrow was Mahommes' daddy and all that.  They whooped us like we whooped them.  We beat them last year in the AFC championship game and they beat us this year.  See ya next time, ice up and all that.

Someone is a gonna get whooped.  
Reply/Quote
Really don't care who wins SB at this point and will just be pulling for my "squares numbers" to hit and pay me money.

If Chiefs win and at least we lost to the SB Champions. Yet if they do lose to the Eagles, then I hope it's a blowout.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This can’t be a serious post. Mahomes is arguably the most physically gifted QB of All-Time.

Think Steve Young was better

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It's impressive that KC is there for a 3rd time after many, myself included wondered if Andy Reid could win big games and many teams passed on Mahommes.

It's impressive the Eagles are back in SB a mere 5 years later with a different HC and QB.

It would have been impressive if the 49ers got there with a rookie 3rd string QB who was taken last in the draft.

And it would have been impressive if we had managed to cut down our SB appearance gap from between 8 and 34 years to 0 years.

I will say, the Eagles beat the 6th seed Giants and the 49ers without a QB to make it to the SB...that's got to be the easiest playoff path imaginable. So, what counts is what they do with their good fortune now.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:59 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Think Steve Young was better

Him and Rodgers are probably the only ones in the conversation.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 07:49 PM)The American Dream Wrote: Choosing who you would rather win between the Chiefs and Eagles is like choosing if you would rather get the crabs from Cherrycake down at the strip club or chlamydia from her friend Honeytits.

Prefer Eagles win I suppose.

Nicely said lol  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Guys.... you gotta keep in mind... Philly aint all that.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if KC wins.

[Image: eOhJlDE.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hey guys I’m truly sorry about that game Sunday night. That one hurt. I hope you guys bounce back next year. I cannot stand KC.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 05:39 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I haven't decided which team I will root for yet. Hard to root for Philly because that is a tough town. Hard to root for KC because they whopped our arse. I can see a close game in the Super Bowl. KC is the underdog so maybe root for them.

Kansas City Steelers are #2 on my shitlist. Go Eagles.

Oh, and, KC didn't whip our ass. We whipped our own ass!  Mellow

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 05:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Kansas City Steelers are #2 on my shitlist. Go Eagles.

No! The NFL whooped our ass.  Mellow

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 04:34 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Guys.... you gotta keep in mind... Philly aint all that.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if KC wins.

[Image: eOhJlDE.jpg]

Feel the same, not really impressed with the Smeagol's at of late.

(01-31-2023, 05:33 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Hey guys I’m truly sorry about that game Sunday night. That one hurt. I hope you guys bounce back next year. I cannot stand KC.

Thanks Packerbacker, it's all good, doesn't hurt as much as I think we will bounce back in a great way.

Sucked losing so many OL late in the season. That was killer and the refs in this last game, bastids. Whatever

(01-31-2023, 05:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Kansas City Steelers are #2 on my shitlist. Go Eagles.

(01-31-2023, 06:45 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: No! The NFL whooped our ass.  Mellow

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So true. Cry
Reply/Quote