OTHER
3.33%
3 3.33%
Total 90 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Philly Game Game Ball
Very surprised by what I am seeing. Vontaze Burfict had 15 tackles (10 solo), 4 passes defended, 2 INTs (caused the 3rd) and is not running away with this thing.

Andy had a fine game, but C'Mon man.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I voted for Nuge because, well I'm a softie. I know he may have cost us a game or two, but what player hasn't? And yes he missed another PAT but he hit all those FGs. And he knocked a kick returner out of bounds. I admire that he's still giving it a go after so much pressure.
Reply/Quote
Isn't it something when Dalton actually has time to do something? He played fantastic today because he actually had time in the backfield to do it and not have the defense waiting for him when he dropped back in the pocket to pass. Fantastic playing by Andy today!

Burfict also tore it up and as usual led the team in tackles. He is the heart of this defense and if you want a wild man you can't fault him for being.....wild.

Was a very fun game for us to watch this week.
Reply/Quote
You sound salty, bfine. Dalton threw for 332 and 2 scores, 130 passer rating, and hit 9 different receivers without his top receiver and zero help on the ground. He was almost entirely responsible for the 32 pts we dropped today.

Tackles are nice I guess. The 2 INTs were great, but more a product of a huge lead against a rookie QB. Wentz threw it 60 times today.

Burfict had a great game. That's why I chose not to insult those who didn't vote Dalton.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 06:25 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Can't decide between Andy, Carlos, and Tez.  All three were big parts of the win.

Dunlap was a blast to watch today, even if his stats weren't as shiny as Dalton's or Burfict's. And Vontaze played as clean of a game that I've ever seen him play. But Andy.....well, we would not have won this one w/o his play today imho. 

(12-04-2016, 06:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dalton. No AJ, no run game and he balled out anyway. Decent blocking helps.

Btw, his rating is back north of 90. :andy:

Props to Zampese for getting so many receivers involved (Andy hit 9 different guys).

Not that I needed convincing before, but this season has removed any doubt that I may have had about the caliber of player I believe Andy Dalton really is. No QB (or RB) can produce much when the defense is up their nose, but just give Andy 1 more lousy second and he commands the field only like few others I have ever seen. He was simply brilliant today with his passing and judgement. Give him a little more support with upgrades in the line plus the autonomy he's earned, and we'll have few peers in this league offensively. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Dalton

What he's been able to accomplish in spite of the coaching, in spite of the O-line, in spite of no running game is just outstanding !

Burfict comes in close second.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 08:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You sound salty, bfine. Dalton threw for 332 and 2 scores, 130 passer rating, and hit 9 different receivers without his top receiver and zero help on the ground. He was almost entirely responsible for the 32 pts we dropped today.

Tackles are nice I guess. The 2 INTs were great, but more a product of a huge lead against a rookie QB. Wentz threw it 60 times today.

Burfict had a great game. That's why I chose not to insult those who didn't vote Dalton.
No salt, just amazement.  

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 07:11 PM)bengalsfan73 Wrote: I voted Andy because he was nearly perfect and ran the offense very well today especially without AJ and a nonexistent running game. However, I would also have to give game balls to both Vontaze for his unbelievable defensive showing today with the tackles and the 2 interceptions and Carlos for his disruption at the line of scrimmage all day. Also, just to mention there is no way I would give it to Nugent because he still is horrible with missing extra points. Yes he had 3 field goals and 2 extra points but he still missed another extra point which is ridiculous. I know he had 14 points but until he can do this on a regular basis I still get very nervous when he comes into attempt any type of kick.

Not to mention....one of the FGs was doinked in off an upright.

As for game ball....my piece of shit phone won't allow me to vote...but my vote would be for OTHER....and that's the combo of Winston and Fisher.  Whoever is responsible for trotting Ogbuehi out there every week over this combo should have been fired in the locker room at halftime.  Right then.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 09:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: Not to mention....one of the FGs was doinked in off an upright.

As for game ball....my piece of shit phone won't allow me to vote...but my vote would be for OTHER....and that's the combo of Winston and Fisher.  Whoever is responsible for trotting Ogbuehi out there every week over this combo should have been fired in the locker room at halftime.  Right then.

Any word on Fisher? Didn't look good when he got hit on that fumble. 

Reply/Quote
I chose Dalton.

Just happy to see some good Bengals football though.
Reply/Quote
From Jim O.'s latest:

"Through the Bengals’ first six scoring possessions, Dalton went 9-for-10 on third-down passes for 179 yards (not all resulted in a first down). Four of those passes went for 10 yards or more, including the 44-yarder to LaFell and a 50-yard deep ball to Cody Core."

“Our run game was not there today at all but Andy put it on himself today and he just made throw after throw,” Bengals running back Jeremy Hill said. “Our o-line, they gave him today – I don’t know if he got sacked – but it didn’t feel like it. He was right there making his reads, making his throws and doing what we know Andy can do best.”
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'm giving it to the orange jerseys..The orange always comes through..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 09:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Any word on Fisher? Didn't look good when he got hit on that fumble. 

Just a bruised knee according Hobson's article on the front page: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Dalton-Bengals-ground-Eagles-32-14/82b746ac-dff4-432e-86d7-57c4ce2a8e80
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 06:34 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm giving it to Ogbuehi for sitting on the bench and staying out of the way.

I thought his biggest problem was that he couldn't help but stay out of the way?

Huh.

Between Dalton and Burfict for me, but Dalton got points. Points win games. So he gets my nod while Burfict gets my secondary nod for helping seal it.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 07:42 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Lmao glad I wasn't the only one thinking he woulda scored had he not been so damn fat this year! Still love the guy tho :andy:

Yes, had Burfict not been lugging all that extra weight, he may have made a couple more sideline plays because he just couldn't get there quickly enough. Huff! & Puff!  Yes, I voted game ball for VB's performance today.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 06:25 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Can't decide between Andy, Carlos, and Tez.  All three were big parts of the win.

Bingo. Can the game ball but cut into thirds?
Reply/Quote
Dalton , burfict n Dunlap all had great games today. But burfict game you just don't see that every game from a linebacker. Just amazing
Reply/Quote
I could have gone either way between Burfict and Dalton. Burfict's impact on the game today was tremendous. Carlos wasn't too far behind, but Andy was brilliant today more often than not. He made some great passes today. Eifert, LaFell, Boyd, and Core all caught big balls. Take away the fumble and Rex had a strong showing. We need to feed him the ball a bit more heading down the stretch.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I'm picking Dalton for the first time this season  (I gave 2 to AJ & 1 to Hill). He was amazing. 

Tez is a close second though. He's back to looking like a Pro Bowl LB again. I just love watching the guy play. 

Reply/Quote
A QB throwing for 330 yards and 2 TDs is nice. Not that uncommon.

A LB with 15 tackles 2 ints and 4 passes defended is even nicer. Pretty rare performance.
Reply/Quote