OTHER
3.33%
3 3.33%
Total 90 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Philly Game Game Ball
(12-05-2016, 04:17 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: A QB throwing for 330 yards and 2 TDs is nice. Not that uncommon.

A LB with 15 tackles 2 ints and 4 passes defended is even nicer. Pretty rare performance.
The circumstances surrounding those QB statistics certainly elevate them imo.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 08:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Very surprised by what I am seeing. Vontaze Burfict had 15 tackles (10 solo), 4 passes defended, 2 INTs (caused the 3rd) and is not running away with this thing.

Andy had a fine game, but C'Mon man.
Exactly. The fact that the Burfict lead D (15 tackles, 4 passes def, 2 int)totally SHUT DOWN Philly took a lot of pressure off of Dalton.
Not to be flippant but some are so caught up in "fantasy" numbers they are blind as to how other positions impact a game.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 04:17 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: A QB throwing for 330 yards and 2 TDs is nice. Not that uncommon.

A LB with 15 tackles 2 ints and 4 passes defended is even nicer. Pretty rare performance.

3rd most yards for the week in the entire league.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 09:00 AM)Wyche Wrote: 3rd most yards for the week in the entire league.

Don't look now, but Andy Dalton is tied for 4th place in the NFL for most yards with 3,375 and has a 92.7 QB rating.

Behind this line !! with a non existent running game and pathetic play calling !! The haters of Dalton just don't understand football.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 09:15 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Don't look now, but Andy Dalton is tied for 4th place in the NFL for most yards with 3,375 and has a 92.7 QB rating.

Behind this line !! with a non existent running game and pathetic play calling !! The haters of Dalton just don't understand football.

As I've said before, if the line was playing anywhere near as good this year as it has in the past, Andy would be a Top 3 QB this year...
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 09:15 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Don't look now, but Andy Dalton is tied for 4th place in the NFL for most yards with 3,375 and has a 92.7 QB rating.

Add in missing Eifert and AJ for large chunks of the season.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 09:49 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Add in missing Eifert and AJ for large chunks of the season.

Rookie OC, and getting in sync with Boyd/Lafell vs Jones/Sanu.

Reply/Quote
My heart says 55 but my head says 14.
Reply/Quote
Dalton had a couple of bad games, but what he's been able to do this season overall considering the circumstances is pretty remarkable.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Dalton played great.
Burfict played great.

That said, I will blaze a trail and be the only vote right now for Winston for one simple reason. If he went out there and played poorly, we would have instantly become knee deep in Ogbuehi again. He played okay, which is sad that okay is so much better than what Ogbuehi was delivering, that the contrast in pass protection yesterday to previous weeks was blatant.

The coaches (hopefully) now see that Ogbuehi is turrible, just turrible, and even an average-at-best RT is a huge upgrade. No way to hide that now, but there would have been if Winston hadn't held his own out there.

- - - - - - - - -
Side Note: Whomever the two who voted for Nugent, I sure hope that was chosen sarcastically. The guy still missed a PAT (his 5th in the last 4 weeks, I think?), and one of his field goals plunked off an upright.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 09:00 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: 3rd most yards for the week in the entire league.

And Burfict led the entire league in tackles and INTs for the week.

I know it probably comes off as "Andy Hate", but Burfict had a game.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 04:17 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: A QB throwing for 330 yards and 2 TDs is nice. Not that uncommon.

Context, buddy. Context. Look at Dalton's circumstances. Missing the biggest offensive weapon. Got zilch from his RBs, and playing a solid defense with these circumstances. 

It takes a great performance (don't forget the 130 passer rating) and elevates it to the amazing category. QBs are not supposed to play like this without their top weapon and no run game.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 12:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And Burfict led the entire league in tackles and INTs for the week.

Choosing Burfict over Andy doesn't seem like Dalton hate at all. Brushing off what Dalton did as if it somehow pales in comparison though?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 09:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: As I've said before, if the line was playing anywhere near as good this year as it has in the past, Andy would be a Top 3 QB this year...

Agree

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Burfict and Dalton were stellar yesterday.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 07:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, pretty sad when I watch Lawrence Timmons, who is older and bigger, take one from the goal line and go 60 yds., still with a full head of steam..

Maybe next year they'll realize he needs a full training camp, and must play in games also.  
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 12:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And Burfict led the entire league in tackles and INTs for the week.

Not at all....Tez would have been my vote had we not seen such a big difference in pass pro from the RT position.  To me....that was a huge part in Andy's game.  When he has time....we see what he can do.  Tez is my favorite player...and he had one helluva game.  I just wish he was in better shape.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 03:18 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Maybe next year they'll realize he needs a full training camp, and must play in games also.  
How many 15 tackle, 4 passes defended and 2 interception games has Lawrence Timmons had in his career ? ....NONE !.....yet you're jocking over a player that just did it ?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 12:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Context, buddy. Context. Look at Dalton's circumstances. Missing the biggest offensive weapon. Got zilch from his RBs, and playing a solid defense with these circumstances. 

It takes a great performance (don't forget the 130 passer rating) and elevates it to the amazing category. QBs are not supposed to play like this without their top weapon and no run game.

Context being... lost season so pressure to perform is greatly reduced. Playing at home in a 1 o clock game against a team with a losing record and one road win on the year. Handed 3 takeaways. And a handful of helpful penalties. 

You can pound your chest all you want. I never said Dalton was a bad QB. But almost MVP isnt MVP. I would have liked good Andy to be a little more consistent this year and maybe we wouldnt be where we are. 

Excuse for our redzone production, Oh no Eifert. Excuse for last couple weeks, oh no AJ. Good game against team with losing record , omg Andy is a god.  
Reply/Quote
Dalton was awesome, but he is always awesome when protected.

I voted Burfict. Dude was everywhere. He was making plays 25 yards downfield! The main reason he gets the game ball is because of what he DIDN'T do: There was a crossing route where the Philly WR caught the ball and had Jones wrapped on his back. He was going down, but Burfict was coming at him with a head of steam...My heart sank. I knew he was going to kill him and get a flag, fined, or even earn a longer suspension. Then, the most amazing thing happened. He pulled off.

THAT is the Burfict that can lead this team. No need for stupid plays. He is the best LB in the league when in shape and not being an idiot.

Beautiful job!
Reply/Quote