Jim Harbaugh
12.50%
9 12.50%
Total 72 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pick the HC - Voting
Thanks to everyone who participated in the http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Pick-the-next-HC thread. After going through all the posts, I came up with the 5 names that were mentioned the most and now we will do the poll to see which of those 5 the board will pick as who they would want as the new HC. The poll will run for a week.
Reply/Quote
Eberflus.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Might as well take Harbaugh off there. Mike Brown wouldn't hire him, and even if he did I doubt Harbaugh would come here
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 04:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Might as well take Harbaugh off there. Mike Brown wouldn't hire him, and even if he did I doubt Harbaugh would come here

I agree they would never hire him...but the poll is about who the board would want, not Mike. It's just for fun brother.
Reply/Quote
I dont believe for a second this organization will fire Taylor this season. I would be pleasantly surprised if they do. My only concern is 2021 comes rolling around with Turner and Little Lou who still here coaching because Zac would want to keep them.
Reply/Quote
Funnily enough, someone edited Robert Saleh's wikipedia page to call him the future coach of the Detroit Lions:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Saleh
It makes sense because he is from Michigan.

But yea, I'd take Eberflus.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have an incompetent front office, below average coaches and a way below average roster.

Have they ever been worse?

There is very little hope for any significant positive changes including hiring a new coach and staff.

What other professional team would keep a head coach and his staff with their record? None.

Just like none would have kept Marvin for how many years with no playoff wins and losing two games to the Steelers year after year after year.

Oh- and no other owner would keep a general manager with a record as bad as whoever serves as the Bengals GM.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
None of the above excite me.....would love nothing more for than Zac to be gone however!
Established in 1993 Bengal Jim's "Before the Roar" is the longest running tailgate to support the Cincinnati Bengals.

Tune in LIVE at 8pm eastern every Tuesday for our weekly Bengals show! 

Check out our YouTube page at:
[Video: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC12ZcOwQDXreLIkrcdjmbVwl]
Reply/Quote
Bieniemy. AINEC. I might even buy tickets to some games if they hired him. And I never attend games unless I go with someone who already has tickets, or someone gives them to me for free.

Reply/Quote
Okay, I am a hypocrite. I said in other threads to bring in EG or Brady. After much thought, I think Saleh would be my choice. I think his personality is near to what I think would be fire in the belly type this team needs. IDK. Bengals will probably have Taylor another year unless MB passes. I am sort of ho-committal at this point; I can be persuaded by shiny things. Mellow
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I have to go with Brady. If they do it right (vet DC), he's at least called plays which is why I'd go with him over EB. I have my concerns about both, but how much is EB and how much is Reid. We just (are) went through that lesson. I'd gamble young one more time the way it should have been done from the get go.

If I wanted a D minded HC it would def be Saleh, who is rumored to be bringing in SF run game coordinator with as OC.

I just don't want Burrow switching systems or play callers throughout his career. So I think a HC from the Offensive side, protects us from losing OC's every 2 years or so to HC positions (if we are lucky).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I’d be happy with the majority of names there. Eberflus or Saleh is tough for me, I think I like Eberflus more due to his track record. Saleh seems great too, and I didn’t even think about ME until this poll was brought up.
Reply/Quote
Based on the endorsement of Andy Reid, I had to go with Bienemy. On the other hand, I'd be fine with Eberflus or Saleh and then offer the OC job to Brady. Give him a chance to reunite with Burrow.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Only way JB comes is as HC.

Will Carolina allow a lateral move given they are about to bring in their shiny new QB. I can't see it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 09:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: Only way JB comes is as HC.

Will Carolina allow a lateral move given they are about to bring in their shiny new QB. I can't see it.

I know he was with the Saints, but not sure he has the experience to be an HC. I wouldn't be upset by it. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 08:52 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Okay, I am a hypocrite.  I said in other threads to bring in EG or Brady.  After much thought, I think Saleh would be my choice.  I think his personality is near to what I think would be fire in the belly type this team needs.  IDK.  Bengals will probably have Taylor another year unless MB passes.  I am sort of ho-committal at this point; I can be persuaded by shiny things.    Mellow

I really like Saleh. I like his approach. I like how he relates to players. I love his defense. His players play really hard for him and he seems to understand the game well. He's highly respected by the national media.

That said, I think he's the top name on most teams' lists--so I don't think we end up getting him. Bienemy seems like the most likely and I would be happy to bring him along. Eberflus would be a good option as well.

I've never been high on Harbaugh, and don't think he's a likely match. He's a good coach though, so not a terrible option.

I don't like Joe Brady simply because I would rather go with someone with more NFL experience (after what we've seen with Zac). I don't doubt his potential though--especially as an OC.

If they end up sticking with Zac, I'll still support the team and Burrow, but I wouldn't be surprised if things don't end well.
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow has the offense taken care of for the next decade plus give me a guy that understands defense. So I went with Robert Saleh.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 09:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: I have to go with Brady. If they do it right (vet DC), he's at least called plays which is why I'd go with him over EB. I have my concerns about both, but how much is EB and how much is Reid. We just (are) went through that lesson.  I'd gamble young one more time the way it should have been done from the get go.

If I wanted a D minded HC it would def be Saleh, who is rumored to be bringing in SF run game coordinator with as OC.

I just don't want Burrow switching systems or play callers throughout his career. So I think a HC from the Offensive side, protects us from losing OC's every 2 years or so to HC positions (if we are lucky).

Interesting take. I know Burrow prefers to pass a lot, and loves passing out of 5 wide sets. A run heavy approach would certainly conflict with this. However, it would extend Burrow's career. I'm sure we would go to more of a balanced attack under Saleh than run heavy though. Saleh would likely allow us to retain some of our defensive players like WJIII. He would fit into the division well. 

If we do go with a Brady or Bienemy, we definitely need a proven DC.

I kind of feel like we'll be stuck with the same coaches going into next year though--and will be banking on players returning from injury, draftees, and possibly a FA guard to make the difference.

The idea of having an offensive minded HC to bring stability to the OC position makes sense though. Bienemy would be my choice if that's the line of thinking they're using, based purely on experience. But I'd certainly give Brady a chance if they hired him.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 09:34 PM)J24 Wrote: Joe Burrow has the offense taken care of for the next decade plus give me a guy that understands  defense. So I went with Robert Saleh.

My line of thinking as well. He fits the division well.

Edit: Also, look how well it worked with Belichek and Brady.
Reply/Quote
If these are the most popular names being thrown around in JN- rest assured these are the wrong guys.

Jk ...
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote