Jim Harbaugh
12.50%
9 12.50%
Total 72 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pick the HC - Voting
(12-11-2020, 08:25 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Gruden is going to have a tough time getting a HC job anytime soon.  He's currently the OC for the league's 27th best scoring offense, and for a team who is 1-11.

Kilff Kingsbury wasn't setting the world on fire at Texas Tech (and he even had Mahommes) with a below .500 record over six seasons but he took the leap to the NFL.  

I look more at what Gruden has done as a HC, and how his offense has performed down to their third string QB.  Like I said, for me his biggest asset is his contacts around the league. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 08:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Completely agree, this would be sweet.

I like the swagger he brings with him, he absolutely despises his Defense giving up any points.

He looks like a Linebacker as a coach for heck sake. If we could get Saleh in here I would be stoked again.

Saleh or Eberflus are my faves. Harbaugh ain't happenin'.

Yeah, I know it's professionalism and all, but Mikey isn't hiring a die-hard Michigan like Harbaugh guy to run the team.  Cincinnati isn't a particularly big Buckeye town as far as Ohio towns go, but the family is 100 percent in the Buckeye camp.  Players are one thing, but coaches are different.  Not a fit personality-wise, either.

Saleh would not be a Zac Taylor-style rookie coach.  He's got cred for days and he's undoubtedly the head his team's defensive unit.  He's not a "passing-game coordinator", lol.  
Reply/Quote
None, get Burrow a veteran defensive minded head coach and a competent OC. He doesn't need "the next great offensive mind", he needs a competent coach.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2020, 02:07 PM)samhain Wrote: Yeah, I know it's professionalism and all, but Mikey isn't hiring a die-hard Michigan like Harbaugh guy to run the team.  Cincinnati isn't a particularly big Buckeye town as far as Ohio towns go, but the family is 100 percent in the Buckeye camp.  Players are one thing, but coaches are different.  Not a fit personality-wise, either.

Saleh would not be a Zac Taylor-style rookie coach.  He's got cred for days and he's undoubtedly the head his team's defensive unit.  He's not a "passing-game coordinator", lol.  

Pay Saleh or Eberflus are definitely my votes no doubt Sam.

Harbaugh is out of the cards, no need to even mention him.

It is not like the Lions have a brighter future than us, we got Burrow. That is our Ace in the hole.
Reply/Quote
I am just curious what it is about Bieniemy that everyone likes? Is it because of the success of the Chiefs as of late? I am thinking a lot of offensive guys would look good with Mahomes at QB. Doesn’t Reid call the plays there? Didn’t Peyton Manning make Adam Gase look like a good OC? Only asking because I really don’t know. I know I liked him as a player when he was here.
Reply/Quote
Has there been many instances of a guy getting a second interview and then being hired after he was passed over the first time? Bieniemy remains my #1 choice but the fact that they already interviewed him and didn’t hire him makes me think it will never happen. Would he even take their call?

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 10:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Has there been many instances of a guy getting a second interview and then being hired after he was passed over the first time? Bieniemy remains my #1 choice but the fact that they already interviewed him and didn’t hire him makes me think it will never happen. Would he even take their call?

I think Burrow would be a selling point, but if the team is willing to let Bienemy come in and make roster changes that would also be a selling point. One of the rumors of why the Committee liked Zac was because he was willing to use the current roster the FO had assembled. The FO believed the team had enough talent to win and it was just coaching that needed to change. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I'm not sold on Bieniemy. He's a product of being with Andy Reid and MVP, future-HoF Patrick Mahomes, thus people are inflating his value. I'll go with Brady, you know, the guy whose value is inflated because he coached Burrow at LSU. Ha!
Reply/Quote