Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pick your favorite single Bengals play since you've been a fan.
Week 16 in 2012.  Bengals at Steelers.  Reggie Nelson:

https://youtu.be/KCDG8Xg3Gtw?t=180

I really wasn't a big fan of the Ben to Wallace connection.  I was a big fan of kicking the Squealers out of the playoffs that year.  
Reply/Quote
James Brooks at the 6:01 mark (7:27 is cool too) because it was against "Americas" team at Dallas. https://youtu.be/XzLISy_4Lsk
Reply/Quote
Well I don't get to see a lot of games down here but the first play I think of is Jerome Simpson's full flip into the End Zone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Offense - The play that got the biggest response from me was the go-ahead touchdown vs. Steelers in the 2015 playoffs. Due to how the game ended, it can't be my favorite play, unfortunately. I was ECSTATIC. With that being said, it would have to be this play. Late game against a rival, and Cincinnati delivers a quick response.

Defense - This play (time stamp is 2:07:45). Newman fumble recovery to beat the Packers.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2020, 03:44 AM)John Shaft Wrote: James Brooks at the 6:01 mark (7:27 is cool too) because it was against "Americas" team at Dallas. https://youtu.be/XzLISy_4Lsk

Best trade in Bengals history: James Brooks for Pete Johnson.
Reply/Quote
Has to be the Burfict interception that sealed the playoff win against the Steelers.  

Lalala
Reply/Quote
Having trouble remembering a lot of specific plays. Surprisingly.
Jennings KO return, I guess.

My favorite Bengals moment was Sam Wyche waving goodbye to Jerry Glanville, after the 62 point beatdown.

My favorite sports play was EDs homer vs the A's game one of world series. He played it perfectly, too. Laid the bat and took a jog. "I hit lots of these"
The ashen faces in LaRussa's dugout were priceless.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Can't go wrong with Peko destroying Polamalu as earlier stated.
Jerome Simpson flip td was pretty great.

This is probably my choice, though. Might be the best rushing TD I have ever seen a Bengal have:.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 05:54 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Can't go wrong with Peko destroying Polamalu as earlier stated.
Jerome Simpson flip td was pretty great.

This is probably my choice, though. Might be the best rushing TD I have ever seen a Bengal have:.

I don't really disagree with your choice.

I was just expecting something different from a guy called "TheLeonardLeap"
Reply/Quote
The last game of the 2010 season against the Ravens. We're down 13-7 and we go for it on 4th and 2 with 10 seconds left on the clock. Peerman is wide open and Palmer shanks a high one over his head.

That shank ensured we would get the 4th overall pick in the draft, which turned out to be AJ Green.

I knew Palmer was a team player and made himself look bad on purpose for the betterment of the team.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
Offense- Dalton to Andrew Hawkins against the Browns in 2012. Dalton made a throw on the run and Hawkins juked everyone out.

Defense- Reggie Nelson pick 6 against Seattle. Geno destroyed Tarvaris Jackson and Reggie gets a pick 6. It was a couple of plays after a punt return for a TD by Tate. Had the defense in my Yahoo league that year.

Special Teams- Tab Perrys kick return against the Steelers in 2005. He drove Ike Taylor like 10 yards on that return.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
One of the plays which sticks out to me is the Redskins-Bengals 1988 season finale. Boomer pulls off perhaps the greatest play-action fake of all time. A Redskins defender (Dexter Manley if I remember correctly) actually tackled James Brooks and then celebrated it. Boomer hit Eddie Brown for a long TD that turned the tide in that game. The entire defense was fooled by it though. I've never seen an entire defense so completely fooled.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 07:14 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: One of the plays which sticks out to me is the Redskins-Bengals 1988 season finale.  Boomer pulls off perhaps the greatest play-action fake of all time.  A Redskins defender (Dexter Manley if I remember correctly) actually tackled James Brooks and then celebrated it.  Boomer hit Eddie Brown for a long TD that turned the tide in that game.  The entire defense was fooled by it though.  I've never seen an entire defense so completely fooled.

Yea...that was a good one, if you watch that play Manley starts to celebrate and slowly looks up and notices the ball flying up over his head and  down the field. Hilarious  Boomer was so good at the fake hand off and dropping back while still holding the football. Chip Lohmiller missed an extra point or field goal, I can't remember which that gave the Bengals new life in that game. The Bengals won and didn't have to play in the wild card game and got the first round bye.
Reply/Quote
Just an incredible grab and probably my favorite Bengals game ever. I was there
https://youtu.be/aT8lH89OZLA

Also this crushing block from Mixon.
https://youtu.be/NpI53fu_fxQ
Reply/Quote
1991 Bengals vs Browns at Cincy, Eric Thomas blocked a last second field goal attempt to secure the win. Our seats at the old Riverfront stadium were right by the scoreboard that blocked a section of seats. My brother was so disgusted that the Browns had got in field goal range and knew that he was going to make the chipshot kick, that he went and sat behind the scoreboard. When it got blocked and the stadium erupted he came running out asking what happened. One of the few highlights of the lowly 90's. I found of video of it but it's on Facebook, so you may not be able to see it without an account. https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=242495956447915
Reply/Quote
My favorite play was when Johnny Manzel did that show me the money motion and immediately after the Bengals defense sacked him. They did the show me the money motion then.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2020, 07:23 PM)impactplaya Wrote: How many Single plays can a Bengals fan  recall in his life as a Bengals fan that stand out?
I'm sure we can go into the hundreds. Ok now here you go. Pick one offensive play and one defensive play
That has stood out to you since you been watching the Bengals
I will start

2005. At Heinz Field. Carson Palmer throws beautiful 43 yd TD pass to T.J for their
1st TD. T.J I think jumped over Ike Taylor or Bryant McFadden.
He then spiked the football so hard. I just thought it really stated
"WE AREN'T GONNA LET THESE GUYS PUSH US AROUND ANYMORE"
huge win in that almost magical 2005 season

For defensive play. The same year Delta O'Neal picks off Kelly Holcomb for a game sealing INT. Such a game for the ages.
In a game that had no defense, it was a defensive play that iced it.

My favorite Bengals play was the 1981 season AFC Championship Game Freezer Bowl,  Fouts could not throw,  Anderson a great bad weather QB could, but who could catch ?.......When Don Bass caught an Anderson pass in the end zone, Me and My Friends around 25 years old at the time, it came over us, " Can you Believe It.  BENGALS GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL ".....Bass catching that frozen brick few were catching that day. ....There is NOTHING like a play that lets you know you are going Super Bowl. ANDERSON TO BASS, WHAT A PLAY.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I hate to say this...

But Fulcher hurting Bo Jackson cemented my eternal love of everything Bengaldom ( I was 10). My older brother used to beat me up. And he had a Bo Jackson jersey he was so proud of and never wore... that and the helmets.

But I became a fan in 1991. So I missed every good year ('81, '88) and only have the bad 90s, 00s.... some good times in the 10s... Everyone asks me why Bengals? And it's because you like who you like.... and I'm too stubborn to change and be some poser on some bandwagon.

I have liked the Chiefs success though. I even told my mom about Andy Reid and his life. It's a pretty sad story about opioids and how they affected us all. I'm glad to see him get the success he deserved. The man has some demons about the sacrifice that got him there, grief is a hard thing to carry.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2020, 09:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Beat me to it.

#2 was probably Stanford Jennings kick return TD that gave us a 4th quarter lead in SB23.  Our offense, which had been great all year, had played like total crap, but our defense, which was not that good that year, was playing out of their heads against the best offense in the league.  It was 6-6 in the 4th quarter with zero offensive tds, and I really felt the game would be decided on some big play on defense or special teams.  I went nuts when Jennings scored.  At that point I really believed we would win.

I was a sophomore in High School at that time, and as Jennings broke through the first wave of defenders, I started screaming loudly with some curses thrown in. He almost was tackled at the one, but as he crossed the goal line, I yelled "F-uck Yeah!!"!!. First time I ever purposely cursed in front of my mother. She didn't bat an eye. 

I agree; at that point I also thought the Bengals were going to pull it off. 
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2020, 03:44 AM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: I hate to say this...

But Fulcher hurting Bo Jackson cemented my eternal love of everything Bengaldom ( I was 10). My older brother used to beat me up. And he had a Bo Jackson jersey he was so proud of and never wore... that and the helmets.

But I became a fan in 1991. So I missed every good year ('81, '88) and only have the bad 90s, 00s.... some good times in the 10s... Everyone asks me why Bengals? And it's because you like who you like.... and I'm too stubborn to change and be some poser on some bandwagon.

I have liked the Chiefs success though. I even told my mom about Andy Reid and his life. It's a pretty sad story about opioids and how they affected us all. I'm glad to see him get the success he deserved. The man has some demons about the sacrifice that got him there, grief is a hard thing to carry.

Wow. You started being a fan when the lowest moments of Bengaldom just began. Of course, you didn't know what was going to happen the following 12 years, but, I give you credit for still being a fan today. 

Are you from Philly? What parts? My wife is from a suburb of Philly. She shares in my hatred of the Steelers. 
Reply/Quote