Poll: Who is responsible for the loss to the Packers?
Burrow, and his questionable decision making
McPherson
Zac
Lou
Mike Brown
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pin the tail on the donkey
(10-10-2021, 07:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, and that is what the poll reads.

Ah yes...it was like that all along lol...maybe I need my reading glasses
Reply/Quote
plenty of blame but ultimately it is the head coach. ever notice how some teams seldom have silly penalties, missed tackles, etc ? today the Bengals almost played a clean slate, interceptions aside. one holding call, albeit costly. Zac has cleaned up most of the mess that used to be the Bengals.

let's face it, for all intents and purposes, Burrow is still a rookie QB, many new players ( though from winning teams ), they are still learning to win. 2 year ago, Bengals would've folded in the first half and lost by 4 touchdowns.

some peculiar play calls and questionable clock management. hopefully Burrow is ok.

WHO DEY !
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's a very simple poll.  Who is responsible for the Bengals loss today?

Hate to say it, but Burrow was the #1 culprit today.  

The Bengals had all the momentum with the late first half score and Hendrickson sacking Rodgers to snuff out any chance of an answer, and he killed it with the first pick.  It looked like a gimmick play out of the heavy with Prince lined up as the left boundary WR, likely trying to fool GB into thinking it was going to be a screen to the left while running a flood to the right.  GB wasn't fooled at all and he forced a bad throw instead giving up on it and living to fight another down.  

The OT pick should have ended it, and it was terrible.  Boyd saw the LB and sat down in the zone and Joe just threw it like he expected him to keep crossing.  And Boyd was blanketed.  There was no reason for him to be getting the ball in that situation.

Joe's still going to be a great one for a long time, but those are the kinds of mistakes young QB's make.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Any of them, all of them, it was a full team loss. It was nearly a full team win. GB is a very good team we took to the limits at the end of OT. I’m not holding anyones feet to the fire over a wild game against a playoff caliber opponent in week 5. I won’t lose any sleep over that one. If this team stays healthy they will continue to improve and perfect their game as the year goes on. Beat the Lions next week and all is good.
Reply/Quote
First of all, it is not fair to put Mike Brown in there, because he is responsible for almost everything bad Bengals.
Zac Taylor is the firm #2...in a bunch of different ways.
Reply/Quote
I picked Lou, no pass rush and giving up too many yards to Adams. I know he's a stud, but he should have been doubled up
Reply/Quote
Team effort.

Reply/Quote
Management for not signing a quality center and at least one other quality o lineman
Reply/Quote
The defense got shredded today and the Packers left a lot of points on the field. This loss was truly a team effort, but this one falls mostly on them in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:40 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Pretty Simple Burrow was the #1 pick in draft.. we expect him to finish games over a kicker..

That’s an outstanding point; it’s all or nothing with Joe Burrow. One pass makes me jump up and down because it’s so fantastic and the next pass makes me scratch my head because flies into a defender’s hands.

He’ll get better...
Reply/Quote
1. McPherson - we drafted him to hit 57 yard game winners. Even if you excuse that one, you still gotta hit the other one.

Then I'd go...

2. Zac Taylor - I thought he had some brilliant moments. Such as that last drive (where we tied it)...but that last drive was great because we ran the football and got Boyd and Higgins going. We waited wayyy too long to do this. Mixon and Perine ate today...when we fed them. We reverted to last year's pass happy offense, while focusing too much on Chase. Not good.

3. Joe Burrow - Both INTs were very boneheaded throws, and he nearly threw another one because he keeps focusing Chase, which people used to complain about Andy doing. Chase is fantastic, but if Joe is to fulfill his potential, he can't be getting tunnel vision and making dumb throws. He also NEEDS TO SLIDE. Put a sign up on his locker. We can't afford for him to get injured again.

He was a big reason we were even in this game though, so I'd put him at 3rd.

I voted McPherson, obviously.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
If Bullock were still out kicker and performed like McPherson did today, he'd be getting damn near every vote and these pages would be dripping with vitriol for him. So, to be consistent, I'm going to blame the kicker.

On to Detroit.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Hard to call it all on one person.

If Taylor didn’t make some terrible play calls, Burrow didn’t make some terrible decisions with both his arm and his legs, and the Kicker didn’t blow it twice, the Bengals get away with a win.

They didn’t really play very well at all. The score makes it look like they were better than they actually were, but the offense was bad the entire game.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Taylor, Burrow, and McPherson all have a piece of the pie.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I blame Zac more than Evan but they both have a bit of blame. Zac's playcalling remains the weak point of the game and his run-run-run-FGA offense in overtime was playing to lose. You don't do that if you trust your QB. The run on 3rd and 2 was completely unforgivable. What's the upside of that call? If you pass and miss the 1st down, you're only 1 yard worse off than if you run and miss the 1st down. The run before the 57 yarder at least makes sense because 1 or 2 yards at that range can make a difference, but there very little functional difference between a 49 yard FG and a 50 yard FG. That playcalling was worse than the miss, imo. 49 yards is still a fringe kick for the vast majority of kickers and Zac behaving as if it was guaranteed is just bad judgement.
Reply/Quote
I blame this loss on our QB, Joe Burrow. It's part of the learning curve. He needs to learn when to take what is there, rather than trying to be Mr. Electric all of the time. Sometimes you just need to dink and dunk to get that winning drive.

For example, when the pocket is breaking down? Throwing the ball away for another shot is usually better than an Int or sack. Realizing that you're not fast enough to scramble for 3rd and very long, and leaning to slide is another thing to work on. Not getting locked on to your star receiver is going to be tough, but those other guys are out there for a reason, too.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Weird... I thought Burrow played pretty decent minus the second pick but everyone on here seems to think he didn't.

I think the biggest thing with the loss was the inability to get 3rd and 2 or shorter multiple times.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I blame this loss on our QB, Joe Burrow. It's part of the learning curve. He needs to learn when to take what is there, rather than trying to be Mr. Electric all of the time. Sometimes you just need to dink and dunk to get that winning drive.

For example, when the pocket is breaking down? Throwing the ball away for another shot is usually better than an Int or sack. Realizing that you're not fast enough to scramble for 3rd and very long, and leaning to slide is another thing to work on. Not getting locked on to your star receiver is going to be tough, but those other guys are out there for a reason, too.

I think it was Boyd who slung the ball after finally getting a catch? These guys are playing for their next contract, and if Burrow avoids them while looking for his college buddy, I imagine it won't go over well in the long haul.

Which was one of my worries when we took Chase. Not to get that going again though. Chase has been absolutely stellar.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I put it on Evan because yeah, we drafted him to make these.
Reply/Quote
This wasn't Burrow's best day. Like someone pointed out above, Burrow coming back from a serious injury and still somewhat looking like a rook out there. He also looks like Joey Franchise other times.

Bengals went toe-to-toe with a team that will be in contention for the NFC title. The kicker for both teams should have made the kick when the opportunity was there but it looked windy as hell.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote