Poll: Who is responsible for the loss to the Packers?
Burrow, and his questionable decision making
McPherson
Zac
Lou
Mike Brown
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pin the tail on the donkey
(10-10-2021, 08:44 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Weird... I thought Burrow played pretty decent minus the second pick but everyone on here seems to think he didn't.  

I think the biggest thing with the loss was the inability to get 3rd and 2 or shorter multiple times.

I think that you might only be looking at the positive things he did.  Had "most" of the plays went well, the Bengals would have blown the Packers out by 2+ scores. 

Don't get the wrong impression, I love that Joe Burrow is our QB.  He's just got to get through the learning curve to realize what is and what is not possible in any given situation.  I'm harping on his decision making, and I'd give him a B- on the day, as the expectation level for the #1 pick are a little higher than other players.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
McPherson. He’s giving ammo to those who would criticize drafting a kicker in the 5th round. 3 missed FG’s in 2 weeks is not what you want to see from a kid you drafted to win games with his leg.

Burrow had a couple bad throws, but he also made a bunch of big plays. McPherson otoh literally has one job, and right now he’s not exactly excelling at it.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think it was Boyd who slung the ball after finally getting a catch? These guys are playing for their next contract, and if Burrow avoids them while looking for his college buddy, I imagine it won't go over well in the long haul.

Which was one of my worries when we took Chase. Not to get that going again though. Chase has been absolutely stellar.

I'm hoping that it is just a "learning curve" thing, but right now, it seems to be costing the team opportunities to extend drives.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:44 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Weird... I thought Burrow played pretty decent minus the second pick but everyone on here seems to think he didn't.

I think the biggest thing with the loss was the inability to get 3rd and 2 or shorter multiple times.
3rd and short has been a struggle all season.

It's bizarre as hell.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Zac- why are you settling for a 57 yard Field goal.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: One would think, but one of my sons is a Packers fan.  He says that the Packer fan base is completely up in arms over Crosby's multiple misses.  (He also texted saying that is was quite windy in the upper deck area today)

What wind?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:04 PM)Interceptor Wrote: What wind?

We were texting in the late 4th and OT, he said the wind was blowing pretty good.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
That (ghost?) holding call on 4th & 2 that destroyed whatever momentum we had.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
If ever there was a game that should have ended in a tie, this was it. Neither team deserved to win this one.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:04 PM)Interceptor Wrote: What wind?

The last kick did hit the flag at top of post that was blowing left the same way the ball missed. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Evan takes the lead!

I shouldn't be so excited.
Reply/Quote
Believe it was a team loss with enough blame to go around but would say the conservative play calling at the end was not helpful at all.

The run play right before the 57 yard FG attempt is a good example. For one it leaves Rogers enough time to try and score if missing or even if making, plus 57 yard FG's are not ever a given. Hated to see the miss and thought it was dead center until the very end. Would have liked to try and get the first down to obviously get closer and most importantly evaporate the time for Rogers to work a miracle.

Then found it odd that down by 8 with (I think) 10 minutes to go we acted like we were winning by 8 and trying to exhaust the clock ? Every play we were running play clock down to last seconds before snapping. Why I am not sure because we seemed to be putting all our eggs in one basket counting on a TD and 2 point conversion and would have liked to have seen more urgency with a hurry up offense at this juncture.

Kudos to the offense for gettin TD and conversion though or it would have been a more obvious mistake.
Not sure if it was Burrow or Zac orchestrating this strategy but has to ultimately be the HC's decision.

Not really wanting to heap a ton of blame on anybody in this strange game though so abstaining from voting although believe its obvious which way I am leaning lol.

Think Bengals will learn from this one, but now must face the task of taking care of business on the road now to get this thing back on the rails.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'm going with Zac. I can't forgive the run on 3rd and 4 or whatever and thinking that was good enough for a rookie kicker to bang one from 57.. The whole game plan today was horrible..
Reply/Quote
Zac certainly didn't help, but it's hard not to look at a 49 yard FG with the chance to win as much in McPherson's hands as can be.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I blame this loss on our QB, Joe Burrow.  It's part of the learning curve.  He needs to learn when to take what is there, rather than trying to be Mr. Electric all of the time. Sometimes you just need to dink and dunk to get that winning drive.

For example, when the pocket is breaking down?  Throwing the ball away for another shot is usually better than an Int or sack.  Realizing that you're not fast enough to scramble for 3rd and very long, and leaning to slide is another thing to work on. Not getting locked on to your star receiver is going to be tough, but those other guys are out there for a reason, too.

He absolutley needs to learn how to keep himself out of harm's way when it's avoidable.  That play where he got destroyed by Adrian Amos was flat out stupid.  He goes head first instead of sliding and pays the price.  He was trying to make tackles after his INTs in the Bears game.  That's unacceptable IMO, just like it was when Andy did it in 2015 and cost us one of the best seasons they've ever had.  
Reply/Quote
I didn't love whatever the plan was for covering Adams. He was wide open for a couple of his big catches. Like nobody near him anywhere. That's a guy you double and let someone else on the offense try to beat you. You do not let him run wild all day without additional attention. I think Logan Wilson was actually on him at one point. Wilson is a fine linebacker, but he's not covering that guy even on his best day.
Reply/Quote
Looks like the kicker love fest is over .....
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 10:01 PM)Tony Wrote: Looks like the kicker love fest is over .....

I'm fine with Evan, he's already won two games this season.  The team shouldn't put him on the hot seat, game after game.  It's time for the rest of the team to win a game or two, in convincing fashion.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Si put an article saying we lost because Zac wasn't aggressive enough. So add 1 for Zac from SI.
Reply/Quote
I went with Zac I think its funny that in the 2 overtime games we've had we're aggressive right up until overtime and then try and be conservative running the ball. I know Burrow threw the pick in the beginning but we're all in with him and we should've thrown to get closer for the last miss.

I could've also gone Burrow I just don't think he had his best game which might've been why we were running at the end.

It would be nice if Evan made one of those kicks but I can't fault him for missing some long ones.
Reply/Quote