Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pittsburgh Dad goes to Cincinnati
(10-22-2018, 09:05 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Looked like chili.  Like maybe you were supposed to sip it?  Nothing i've ever done.  They should have given him some goetta.   (I don't have time to explain what goetta is.  Look it up.)

I looked it up - it sounds a little like scrapple, which uses cornmeal instead of oats.

But back to my question: yeah, I kind of thought it was chili. There were individual serving bags of Fritos on the table, so maybe it was used to make Frito pie ...
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 10:33 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Sounds a little like scrapple, which uses cornmeal instead of oats.  

But back to my question: yeah, I kind of thought it was chili.  There were individual serving bags of Fritos on the table, so maybe it was used to make Frito pie ...

Maybe a walking taco but with chili?  But that doesn't explain why he poured it in a cup. We do have this whole west side of Cincinnati that the entire rest of Cincinnati avoids, and they show up at the games en masse so who knows what those yahoos do. They live in $50,000 houses and will spend $10 on a beer. If you want to understand the west side of Cincinnati, that's where Pete Rose grew up.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 10:41 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Maybe a walking taco but with chili?  But that doesn't explain why he poured it in a cup.  We do have this whole west side of Cincinnati that the entire rest of Cincinnati avoids, and they show up at the games en masse so who knows what those yahoos do.  They live in $50,000 houses and will spend $10 on a beer.  If you want to understand the west side of Cincinnati, that's where Pete Rose grew up.

Maybe they live in $50,000 houses so that they can afford the $10 beer ...
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 04:36 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Maybe they live in $50,000 houses so that they can afford the $10 beer ...

I was lead to believe that a $50,000 house in Pitt is a mansion. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 10:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I was lead to believe that a $50,000 house in Pitt is a mansion. 

Well considering housing is more expensive in Pittsburgh than Cincinnati, I could just imagine how cheap a mansion would be in Cincy.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 10:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I was lead to believe that a $50,000 house in Pitt is a mansion. 

Led.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 06:18 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Led.

Did you know Zeppelin's manager suggested changing the name from Lead Zeppelin to "Led", because he felt that stupid Americans would mispronounce the name all the time?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 01:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Did you know Zeppelin's manager suggested changing the name from Lead Zeppelin to "Led", because he felt that stupid Americans would mispronounce the name all the time?

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 11:32 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Well considering housing is more expensive in Pittsburgh than Cincinnati, I could just imagine how cheap a mansion would be in Cincy.  Wink

Damn they pay more to live there?  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I don't normally post in this sub forum because I consider it the armpit of the Bengals Board. Much like Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Cleveland are for the states they reside in. (This is the smack talk forum so I had to toss that in there I guess Wink ) I just stopped in to say crying Bengals lady seems like a really good sport. It appears she also just had a baby a few days ago, crying Bengal baby of course. Big Grin

https://twitter.com/cryingbengalfan/status/1054041599049646080

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 05:32 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I don't normally post in this sub forum because I consider it the armpit of the Bengals Board.  Much like Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Cleveland are for the states they reside in.  (This is the smack talk forum so I had to toss that in there I guess  Wink  ) I just stopped in to say crying Bengals lady seems like a really good sport.  It appears she also just had a baby a few days ago, crying Bengal baby of course.  Big Grin

Hasn't it been about 9 months since her first video with Pittsburgh Dad?  Hmm
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 02:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Damn they pay more to live there?  

Of course. Who the hell wants to live in a city? They'd have to pay me boat load of money to live in any city.

(10-23-2018, 05:32 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I don't normally post in this sub forum because I consider it the armpit of the Bengals Board.  Much like Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Cleveland are for the states they reside in.  (This is the smack talk forum so I had to toss that in there I guess  Wink  ) I just stopped in to say crying Bengals lady seems like a really good sport.  It appears she also just had a baby a few days ago, crying Bengal baby of course.  Big Grin

I thought the whole state of Ohio was an armpit? It sure smelled like on my way through to Missouri.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 07:30 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I thought the whole state of Ohio was an armpit? It sure smelled like on my way through to Missouri.

That was just the residual Pittsburgh stench.  It just took a good 10 hour drive for the air to clear it from your car.  I'd suggest for quicker results next time remove Ben's used jockstrap that is probably hanging from your rear view mirror. Big Grin

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 08:12 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: That was just the residual Pittsburgh stench.  It just took a good 10 hour drive for the air to clear it from your car.  I'd suggest for quicker results next time remove Ben's used jockstrap that is probably hanging from your rear view mirror.  Big Grin

You don't know me as well as you think. I don't have Ben's jockstrap hanging from my rear view mirror, it's in my glove box.
Reply/Quote