Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pittsburgh Will Be The 6th Seed
(12-21-2015, 01:41 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: We NEED to beat Denver. We need to. This game is gigantic.

It really all boils down to this game.  If they beat Denver, the Bengals will be the #2 seed EVEN IF THEY LOSE TO BALTIMORE (Read:  get EVERYONE healthy).

Then, they would host (more than likely) the winner of KC and Denver in the first round.  

If they lose to Denver, they will host pittsburg in almost every scenario.  

I hope and pray that the Bengals coaches don't approach this as "just another game" and have a weak, conservative game plan.  As Hue said earlier in the season, Pandora's box needs to be opened.  You need to come up with the best gameplan ever to stop their offense without Atkins and get your offense going with McCarron.  

I would spread Denver out with four receivers and a single back and attack them.  Pass first to open the run, not the other way around.  

The secondary is really going to have to step it up without the pass rush of Atkins.  I would imagine they will play almost the entire game in nickel.  

Everything rides on this game.  Let's go guys. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:53 PM)PV Bengal Wrote: So maybe, if we don't beat Denver, it would be better to do just poor enough let Shitsburg win the AFCN and us get the #5 seed. Shitsburg would be the #3 seed so they'd play the #6 Chiefs and we'd play the #4 Texans (or the Dolts). If we win that game, we'd need to go to Foxboro but we'd need to go there eventually anyway even if we get the #2 seed.

I thought about this, but you can't give up a home playoff game...even if it is against those filthy bastards.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 02:23 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: We always play them tougher in Pittsburgh...6-7 there under Marvin, versus 2-12 at home. I don't know why they struggle so badly against them at PBS, but if they are the draw in the 1st game...let's hope that changes. Sending the Squealers home would be a great way to start off the new year.  ThumbsUp

We'd be healthy again, which we weren't in the second game, especially when Dalton went down, and the game goes in a completely different direction if not for that fluke interception on our opening drive.  Even considering that we didn't have Dalton and left 7 on the field on the opening drive, we still gave them a good game.

Brock looked shaky in the second half and Peyton would also likely be rusty (he was rusty even before the injury), so I don't see anything that says we won't go into Denver and dominate.

We'll end up with a bye, the Steelers will go to Foxoborough and get dominated, and then we'll go up there and hand the Pats their asses.
Reply/Quote
The nice thing is that Denver lost that game far more than the Stealers won it. Basically it was a lot of blown coverages coupled with a misfiring offense that let them back in.
Reply/Quote
It's a good thing we lost the second game because we unlikely beat them three times in a year.

If you wanna winout the championship, you have to beat everyone.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:53 PM)kevin Wrote: and are you a Steelers Fan....I know a lot on this site are.....When did this become Steelers Message Boards and Steelers will be our worst nightmare ???......

Everybody you play in the play-offs is tough....it's that simple....Houston will be tough, New England and Denver will be tough, they all will be tough.....Bengals have # 4 offense with plenty of weapons even with McCarron, and Bengals have # 2 defense, A SUPER BOWL DEFENSE, and I knew that when we got MJ back to go with Gino healthy and Dunlap and Peko and everybody....BENGALS WILL BE OTHER TEAMS NIGHTMARES. 

Remember you don't live in Cleveland or Pittsburg, this is Bengals Boards

This. Every team in the playoffs is tough. People would be whining if we had to play the Texans too. Denver almost beat Pitt in their house. New England is amazing. KC is on a tear. They're all just as good as the Steelers. Period. Either this team is ready for it or they're not.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 02:36 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: It really all boils down to this game.  If they beat Denver, the Bengals will be the #2 seed EVEN IF THEY LOSE TO BALTIMORE (Read:  get EVERYONE healthy).

Then, they would host (more than likely) the winner of KC and Denver in the first round.  

If they lose to Denver, they will host pittsburg in almost every scenario.  

I hope and pray that the Bengals coaches don't approach this as "just another game" and have a weak, conservative game plan.  As Hue said earlier in the season, Pandora's box needs to be opened.  You need to come up with the best gameplan ever to stop their offense without Atkins and get your offense going with McCarron.  

I would spread Denver out with four receivers and a single back and attack them.  Pass first to open the run, not the other way around.  

The secondary is really going to have to step it up without the pass rush of Atkins.  I would imagine they will play almost the entire game in nickel.  

Everything rides on this game.  Let's go guys. 
What are you talking about re Atkins?
Reply/Quote
I wanna play Pittsburg
Reply/Quote
I don't, without Dalton.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
We all know whether we want to admit it or not, if we meet Shitsburgh in the playoffs we will lose. We barely beat them the first time this year and they always seem to get the better of us.

For me personally its a worse case scenario. I hate that team as much as I love the Bengals. And after those a-hole players taunting the Bengals that they hope to see them in the playoffs will further infuriate me.
Reply/Quote
Steelers will be in the Superbowl. There is no AFC team that can beat them.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 03:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: Steelers will be in the Superbowl. There is no AFC team that can beat them.

I disagree, the Pats will beat them in Foxboro. They have two reasons why... Brady/Bellicheck. Brady will carve that secondary up and Billy Boy will have a gameplan to stop them. Pats very rarely lose in Foxboro in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
I'll have to see it to believe it. The Steelers to me look like the best team in the AFC now that Ben is healthy.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Need to beat Denver at all costs.

I do not want to face this team in the first round, especially without Dalton.

Get that bye week. Period.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 03:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'll have to see it to believe it. The Steelers to me look like the best team in the AFC now that Ben is healthy.

Disagree.

Their defense looked terrible.  

Denver was handing them their asses in Pittsburgh and then a few coaching mistakes, along with Brock giving them the game, let them win.

With a healthy team, I'm very confident against them.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:53 PM)kevin Wrote: and are you a Steelers Fan....I know a lot on this site are.....When did this become Steelers Message Boards and Steelers will be our worst nightmare ???......

Everybody you play in the play-offs is tough....it's that simple....Houston will be tough, New England and Denver will be tough, they all will be tough.....Bengals have # 4 offense with plenty of weapons even with McCarron, and Bengals have # 2 defense, A SUPER BOWL DEFENSE, and I knew that when we got MJ back to go with Gino healthy and Dunlap and Peko and everybody....BENGALS WILL BE OTHER TEAMS NIGHTMARES. 

Remember you don't live in Cleveland or Pittsburg, this is Bengals Boards
Thank you!

We are the ones who knock.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 03:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'll have to see it to believe it. The Steelers to me look like the best team in the AFC now that Ben is healthy.

Agreed, even with a questionable defense.
Reply/Quote
Their defense is only questionable when you have the right game plan and execution to expose their weak parts.

If you let their front 7 dictate things and fall behind, their pass D doesn't look so bad. When you attack it...and attack it...and try to get out to a lead, it gets exposed. Denver did it yesterday with an average QB and no running game.

If I'm facing the Steelers again, I do what Denver did yesterday. Win the toss? Take the ball. Win field position? Keep throwing. Don't let them dictate the pace like they did in Cincy.
Reply/Quote
With a healthy team we will give Pittsburgh all they want. Yea, they have had our number in PBS.
BUT, to be the man you got to beat the man.
**** Pittsburgh
Reply/Quote
If we have a healthy Dalton, Eifert and secondary I think the Bengals beat the Steelers.

We won't have a healthy Dalton though. It will be very tough. McCarron played pretty well against the Steelers so if the defense can hold them to FG's instead of TD's, and McCarron manages the game well, they have a great shot.
Reply/Quote