Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pittsburgh Will Be The 6th Seed
(12-21-2015, 01:16 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: They lose the tiebreaker with Kansas City (who faces Cleveland and Oakland at home).  The Steelers face Baltimore and Cleveland on the road.

So, unless we beat Denver, it's almost a guaranteed Steelers at Bengals wild card game in week 18.  Just three weeks after Dalton's injury.

It's the worst possible nightmare for Cincinnati.

That's entirely the wrong outlook. It is just about guaranteed the Bengals will face the steelers. But we have to start wrapping our brains around the fact that the Bengals are the better team. Even when we lost to the steelers the second time out, we held ben to zero TD throws with our decimated secondary. On top of that, two costly INTs gift wrapped 14 points for the steelers. Take away those and the Bengals win 20-19 with3/4th of their starting secondary out and playing their back up QB.

There will be no sweeter way to end our playoff woes than beating our most hated rivals. I say we have three weeks to start changing the way we think and go into this playoff game with every fan believing that we will take them down! Can you imagine the momentum going into the next playoff game if we have just shut up the steelers and their fans? If we truly want to make it to the SB, we are going to have to beat good teams. I say, let's start with the steelers!
Reply/Quote
Those a-holes need to be sitting at home in January. I don't really care how it happens.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 04:39 PM)Beaker Wrote: That's entirely the wrong outlook. It is just about guaranteed the Bengals will face the steelers. But we have to start wrapping our brains around the fact that the Bengals are the better team. Even when we lost to the steelers the second time out, we held ben to zero TD throws with our decimated secondary. On top of that, two costly INTs gift wrapped 14 points for the steelers. Take away those and the Bengals win 20-19 with3/4th of their starting secondary out and playing their back up QB.

There will be no sweeter way to end our playoff woes than beating our most hated rivals. I say we have three weeks to start changing the way we think and go into this playoff game with every fan believing that we will take them down! Can you imagine the momentum going into the next playoff game if we have just shut up the steelers and their fans? If we truly want to make it to the SB, we are going to have to beat good teams. I say, let's start with the steelers!

With this attitude, and playing smart and aggressive I think we win.

O-line/ D-line has to play aggressive.   WRs need to be clutch.   DBs & LBs need to play controlled and smart - and not be baited by the Steelers.  With Dalton I think we definitely beat them.  Without Dalton I think we can still beat them.   Just can't play lazy or stupid.
Reply/Quote
Steelers win out, Bengals lose the last two, Bengals at Houston again round 1.

Is that better than Pissburgh here?

Lose at Denver next week, makes one think a bit.

Best just win at Denver.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 02:36 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The secondary is really going to have to step it up without the pass rush of Atkins.  

Never mind.   I figured it out. 
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 03:19 PM)3wt Wrote: What are you talking about re Atkins?

Sickle cell....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'd rather have the bye tho just saying
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 05:25 PM)Wyche Wrote: Sickle cell....

Question.

Why did he play in Denver the last time the Bengals visited?  Even registered a sack in that game.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 06:30 PM)Wilikn Wrote: Question.

Why did he play in Denver the last time the Bengals visited?  Even registered a sack in that game.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/6/19/3096807/bengals-defensive-tackle-geno-atkins-shares-his-experiences-with
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 06:36 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/6/19/3096807/bengals-defensive-tackle-geno-atkins-shares-his-experiences-with

The link in that story has expired, and was moved here:

http://www.cdc.gov/NCBDDD/sicklecell/stories.html

Quote:During the 2011 season we did travel to Denver to play the Broncos and that was the first time I can truly say I felt the effects of the trait. I could not breathe after a 10-play series and had to be given oxygen on the sideline.
Reply/Quote
If that game rolls around... I'm somewhere between not believing Marvin Lewis can coach his team to show up for a postseason game (or beat the Steelers in Cincy, 2-12 there), and not caring because even if they do decide to show up for the first time, the Steelers will simply just throw cheapshot after cheapshot at the Bengals until they hurt enough players to make it so they can win anyway. The dirty MFers.

I hope they beat Denver, but even then, I wouldn't sleep on Oakland possibly beating Kansas City. Would that put the Steelers at #5 then?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 06:36 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/6/19/3096807/bengals-defensive-tackle-geno-atkins-shares-his-experiences-with

Read that one and few others.  Article doesn't say he wouldn't play in Denver.  Seen no lead up to it yet, and that's a pretty big deal.

I don't remember there being anything that came of him playing there the last time.  Ryan Clarke got extremely ill after playing there once, so he stopped.

I'm not arguing.  Just looking for the source of confirmation that he's not playing.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:51 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: From what I saw yesterday + Pittsburgh's recent dominance in Cincinnati + Pittsburgh's recent play + this regime's playoff history, please don't tell me you like our chances if this scenario comes true.

The Bengals will be underdogs, in their own house.  Possibly giving a field goal.

Sure, we will have "an excuse" if Dalton can't return, but it's a kick in the gut if the best overall team we've had in 15 years gets knocked out by the damn Squeelers.

If Dalton, Jones, Eifert, and Iloka are all playing, we will win.  Even if it's McCarron, and we have the other three guys, we will win.  They were all out against Pitt last game.  
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 06:46 PM)Wilikn Wrote: Read that one and few others.  Article doesn't say he wouldn't play in Denver.  Seen no lead up to it yet, and that's a pretty big deal.

I don't remember there being anything that came of him playing there the last time.  Ryan Clarke got extremely ill after playing there once, so he stopped.

I'm not arguing.  Just looking for the source of confirmation that he's not playing.

Don't know.  That's what I've been trying to find out.  I think he played last time, but I'm not sure how much.  
Reply/Quote
Bring. Them. On.

1 of these 3 will happen:

1. Dalton comes back and is fired up to play them. We win and get the playoff Monkey off our back in the best way possible.

2. Dalton doesn't come back. Macaroni starts and we have zero expectations of a win, so if we lose it doesn't hurt that much.

3. Dalton comes back and it's a classic Bengals playoff game. (This is the worst option)
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'd certainly rather have a bye and then face Pittsburgh in the second round -- might have a healthier team overall by that point. That said, I believe we can beat Pittsburgh WE ALREADY DID BEAT THEM ONCE THIS YEAR.

Reply/Quote
I must be confused but I guess we should go ahead and give Pittsburgh the victory over us if we end up playing them in the playoffs. I'm sorry but did I miss something because last I checked the Steelers are not invincible. Yes they put up 30 plus points a game but they are also giving up a lot too. Last I checked in the game against the Bengals when Andy was hurt, AJ came in and scored 20 points on them while Pittsburgh would have only scored 26 points had AJ not made a rookie mistake with the pick 6. Also they only scored 2 rushing tds against our defense and 12 points came via fgs so I'm sorry but they did not dominate this team like everyone acts like they did. I say lets play them because if the Bengals are going to get to the next step in their rise in stature as a championship team then they will have to actually play tough opponents and beating the Steelers would be major because that would shut a lot of people up. Granted I think we will need Andy to do it but the Steelers are not unbeatable and I have no doubt this team is still a top team in the AFC that can beat anyone and yes that includes the Patriots too. If we get Andy and Tyler Eifert back on offense then our team is even more dangerous because Tyler is hard to matchup with in the red zone. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 07:47 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I'd certainly rather have a bye and then face Pittsburgh in the second round -- might have a healthier team overall by that point. That said, I believe we can beat Pittsburgh  WE ALREADY DID BEAT THEM ONCE THIS YEAR.

If we get the bye, we wouldn't potentially face them until the AFC Conference game.

If they're the sixth seed, and they win in the wildcard game, then they go to Foxborough.  Highest seed plays the lowest remaining seed.

So yeah.  Want that bye.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I hope we get Pitt in the playoffs.   F them.

But Andy needs that bye so we gotta step up this week.

I will take my chances with Pacman and Illoka back.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:36 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: So what?  We've beaten Pittsburgh this year.  We only lost to them last time because Dalton, Adam Jones, Eifert, and Iloka were all out.   They think they are better than they are.   If we hadn't lost Dalton we would have won.  This team should never  skulk away from a fight in fear.   That being said, there is still a lot of football to be played to determine the seeds.  

I agree, we would of beaten Pitt if Dalton had not went down, but still...

I don't think many Bengal fans could take losing to the Steelers in the Playoffs again too well.

Me, i would be seriously depressed.

But if we get our first Playoff win forever against them i would be on the moon.

Dalton has to be healthy though for this to happen.

Lets just beat the Broncos so Dalton most likely will be healthy for the Playoffs please.

We definately have the ability to beat the Broncos, they are not that good, especially on Offense.

Should sack their QB a lot. Geno, Dunlap and MJ need to just go get the dude trying to throw the ball.
Reply/Quote