Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pittsburgh game = Condition Critical
The Cincinnati Bengals have a huge monkey on their back in the form of playoff failure, we all know that.

I would argue that there's another standing side by side with that monkey - The Pittsburgh Steelers !

Under Marvin Lewis we're 8-22 against Pittsburgh including a home record against them of 2-14 with playoff losses !!!

They've flat out owned us during ML's tenure. They are by far our biggest nemesis, the hurdle we can't get over. If this team is to have any chance moving forward this season we have to, HAVE TO, end this domination.

We are already have 3 loses 5 games into the season. 6 loses is basically the threshold of making the playoffs. We still have a bunch of what will be tough games ahead. Steelers x2, Ravens on the road to end the season. A brutal 3 game road trip against the Jags, Titans, and Broncos. Then a NFCN stint against the Bears, Vikings on the road, and Lions.

6 more road games, 5 at home. If we can go 3-3 on the road and 5-0 at home that puts us @ 10 wins. If we go to 2-4 it's very hard to see this team making the playoffs.

We badly need to beat Pittsburgh on the road next week to have any hope going forward ! 2-4 just makes our margin for error to much to overcome looking at our road schedule ahead. Plus, we have to get Pittsburgh off our back. And looking at the Steeler implosion going on.

#The time is now
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It would really help to have at least one of John Ross or Tyler Eifert available for this game. Although if it's Eifert, I fear Mike Mitchell and the rest of those miscreants will just be head hunting him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I think the season will hinge on that game.beat the Steelers and we are 2 and 1 in the North and in the hunt.
Lose and the climb gets 3 times as deep
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 09:43 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It would really help to have at least one of John Ross or Tyler Eifert available for this game. Although if it's Eifert, I fear Mike Mitchell and the rest of those miscreants will just be head hunting him.

Honestly, I liked what Kroft showed and think we need to utilize him more because I think he's more of the big-body type that is a force over the middle and up the seam and can make his presence felt, whereas Eifert never seemed like the guy to impose his force in the middle of the field.

It would be nice to have Kroft AND Eifert for some sets, but I also think Uzomah is underutilized.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 10:39 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I think the season will hinge on that game.beat the Steelers and we are 2 and 1 in the North and in the  hunt.

Win and we're 3-3 (2-1 in AFCN)
Lose and we're 2-4 (1-2 in AFCN)

The game is HUGE. Probably makes or breaks the season. Not to mention the mental hurdle of beating the Steelers, which is always a struggle for us.

Or that handing the Steelers another L could send their season into further chaos and possibly make Ben retire this offseason.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 10:56 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Honestly, I liked what Kroft showed and think we need to utilize him more because I think he's more of the big-body type that is a force over the middle and up the seam and can make his presence felt, whereas Eifert never seemed like the guy to impose his force in the middle of the field.

It would be nice to have Kroft AND Eifert for some sets, but I also think Uzomah is underutilized.

I always liked Kroft as a TE2. I think he's a solid TE. But he's no Eifert when it comes to being a receiving threat.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 11:12 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I always liked Kroft as a TE2. I think he's a solid TE. But he's no Eifert when it comes to being a receiving threat.

Like I said, I see Eifert as more of a receiver, but I see Kroft as more of a TE that can be a receiver, which I happen to like more.

Come to think, having both on the field would be nice.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 11:32 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Like I said, I see Eifert as more of a receiver, but I see Kroft as more of a TE that can be a receiver, which I happen to like more.

Yep, always thought this should have been the case with Eifert, especially once he started getting hurt even though most (all?) of his injuries came as a receiver.
Spread him out as a red zone receiver and see him thrive IMO.
Kroft is a solid but unspectacular traditional TE. I would be fine with him as the starting TE with Eifert solely as a receiving threat like NE used to do with Hernandez.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I think a lot depends on whether KC can dismember them (the Squats) this week or not. I'd love to see KC lay the wood to them so we'll see.  KCs offense is trending towards the win and Justin Houston is taking over 4th quarters. Perhaps he'll slam the proverbial door on Rottenbooger's season and career. We'll see. Personally I'd rather it be VB to perform the door slammery. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 09:43 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It would really help to have at least one of John Ross or Tyler Eifert available for this game. Although if it's Eifert, I fear Mike Mitchell and the rest of those miscreants will just be head hunting him.

Head hunting Eifert and knee hunting Burfict.  I'm looking at you, DeCastro.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Yep we were "code blue" at 0-3 and the Browns came along at the right time to awaken us.

Then the Bills game breathed more life back into the team when needed.

Now this game will tell if we are back and running or slipping back towards dismal times again.

Plus it would be great for the fans. We all are deeply rooted in hate towards the steelers.

Big Game !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 11:59 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep we were "code blue" at 0-3 and the Browns came along at the right time to awaken us.

Now this game will tell if we are back and running or slipping back towards dismal times again.

Plus it would be great for the fans. We all are deeply rooted in hate towards the steelers.

Big Game !

We're not really even close to those dismal days of yesteryear.. But, hey, leave it to this forum to find the absolute most pessimism. When the going gets tough the tough get pessimistic huh?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 11:32 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Like I said, I see Eifert as more of a receiver, but I see Kroft as more of a TE that can be a receiver, which I happen to like more.

Just wish Eifert's blocking would improve.   He  totally sucks as a blocker.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 12:35 PM)3wt Wrote: Just wish Eifert's blocking would improve.   He  totally sucks as a blocker.

Was it me or did Eifert look slower and out of shape in the Texans game which was last he played?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 01:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Was it me or did Eifert look slower and out of shape in the Texans game which was last he played?

As he keeps racking up injuries in his career...he's going to decline physically.

It's not like he's going to play 12 games a year at a Pro Bowl level. He's declining due to injuries.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 12:35 PM)3wt Wrote: Just wish Eifert's blocking would improve.   He  totally sucks as a blocker.

You have a great memory. I can barely recollect what he looks like suited up on the field.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 10:39 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I think the season will hinge on that game.beat the Steelers and we are 2 and 1 in the North and in the  hunt.

It's absolutely the hinge !

(10-11-2017, 11:05 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Win and we're 3-3 (2-1 in AFCN)
Lose and we're 2-4 (1-2 in AFCN)

The game is HUGE. Probably makes or breaks the season. Not to mention the mental hurdle of beating the Steelers, which is always a struggle for us.

Or that handing the Steelers another L could send their season into further chaos and possibly make Ben retire this offseason.

This team desperately needs to get past the Pittsburgh blues !

(10-11-2017, 11:59 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep we were "code blue" at 0-3 and the Browns came along at the right time to awaken us.

Big Game !

Gigantic Game !!!

Lose this game and for all intents and purposes the season is over. It's just to big a hole to dig out of.
Reply/Quote
This is a huge game ... no excuses , be disciplined and just go out and win . This will be our best revenge .
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 01:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Was it me or did Eifert look slower and out of shape in the Texans game which was last he played?

Back issues will slow you down.  And the sequence of injuries he's had will too.  

Of course it might just be that we're so afraid of him getting hurt he just appears to be moving in slow motion in anticipation of the hit.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 09:40 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The Cincinnati Bengals have a huge monkey on their back in the form of playoff failure, we all know that.

I would argue that there's another standing side by side with that monkey - The Pittsburgh Steelers !

Under Marvin Lewis we're 8-22 against Pittsburgh including a home record against them of 2-14 with playoff losses !!!

They've flat out owned us during ML's tenure. They are by far our biggest nemesis, the hurdle we can't get over. If this team is to have any chance moving forward this season we have to, HAVE TO, end this domination.

We are already have 3 loses 5 games into the season. 6 loses is basically the threshold of making the playoffs. We still have a bunch of what will be tough games ahead. Steelers x2, Ravens on the road to end the season. A brutal 3 game road trip against the Jags, Titans, and Broncos. Then a NFCN stint against the Bears, Vikings on the road, and Lions.

6 more road games, 5 at home. If we can go 3-3 on the road and 5-0 at home that puts us @ 10 wins. If we go to 2-4 it's very hard to see this team making the playoffs.

We badly need to beat Pittsburgh on the road next week to have any hope going forward ! 2-4 just makes our margin for error to much to overcome looking at our road schedule ahead. Plus, we have to get Pittsburgh off our back. And looking at the Steeler implosion going on.

#The time is now

I couldn't agree more, but I will continue to expect status quo with Thugsburgh.  They are coming off an ugly loss with the Jaguars and probably the Chiefs, and will be looking to take it out on the Bengals.  Since one of the media/NFL darlings (Thugsburgh) is struggling expect Pig Pen and Mike Mitchell's crew to get away with bloody murder from the officials, and God forbid Burfict farts between the lines.

The Steelers have had their way with this team for a while now, and with the 12th man of officials on their side, I think the Bengals get status quo.
Reply/Quote