Poll: Who Will Be the Next Head Coach For the Bengals?
This poll is closed.
Zac Taylor
12.87%
13 12.87%
Eric Bieniemy
45.54%
46 45.54%
Shane Waldron
0.99%
1 0.99%
Vance Joseph
12.87%
13 12.87%
Darrin Simmons
4.95%
5 4.95%
Hue Jackson
11.88%
12 11.88%
Todd Monken
5.94%
6 5.94%
Vic Fangio
0%
0 0%
Pete Carmichael
0%
0 0%
Pat Fitzgerald
0%
0 0%
Dabo Swinney
2.97%
3 2.97%
Kris Richard
0.99%
1 0.99%
Lincoln Riley
0%
0 0%
Tom Herman
0.99%
1 0.99%
Mike McCarthy
0%
0 0%
Total 101 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Place Your Bets...
(01-07-2019, 09:34 PM)Benton Wrote: As shake already touxhed on, it would be very unusual to hire an oc before the hc. That's completely backwards. Like picking out what brand of tires you're getting before knowing what type of vehicle. Kubiak may be great, but if his style and the hcs are completely different, or their personalities are, it won't matter.

Im still leaning towards thinking lazor is the guy, unless someone from the final interviews just wows them. 

If it's Hue, Simmons or Lazor, first I will puke, then I will be thorugh with all this shit.  Mike Brown will have flipped me off for the last time.  Gee, why does the whole country laugh at the Bengals?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 09:42 PM)McC Wrote: If it's Hue, Simmons or Lazor, first I will puke, then I will be thorugh with all this shit.  Mike Brown will have flipped me off for the last time.  Gee, why does the whole country laugh at the Bengals?

I'll be right there with ya McC. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 12:33 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'll be right there with ya McC. 

same it will really piss me off
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 09:42 PM)McC Wrote: If it's Hue, Simmons or Lazor, first I will puke, then I will be thorugh with all this shit.  Mike Brown will have flipped me off for the last time.  Gee, why does the whole country laugh at the Bengals?

If it's Hue, Simmons, or maybe even Lazor, the Marvin Lewis era will continue and nothing will change in the Bengal culture. And they'll basically be wasting all of our time.  Again.   We need a fresh start.  
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 06:37 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: If it's Hue, Simmons, or maybe even Lazor, the Marvin Lewis era will continue and nothing will change in the Bengal culture. And they'll basically be wasting all of our time.  Again.   We need a fresh start.  

I will add Vance to this list and throw in any Head Coach who is forced to work with Marvin’s leftovers (staff).

#resetbutton #nukeit #continuitysucks
Reply/Quote
I'm not 100% convinced that the mere notion of having worked under Marv ever in their lives consigns anyone to being life long losers.. It's not AS IF Marvin ever had some magical ability to make every coaching candidate think exactly the same way he ever did. It's kind of like saying a player was once on the Bengals roster therefor he can never succeed on another team because Marvin once was his head coach.
I want a clean break as much as anyone, but some of you have predetermined that there's no possibility of anyone who has ever had contact with Marvin Lewis can ever have even the slightest bit of independent thought. If Marvin has that kind of influence then he's much more powerful than anyone could even imagine. It's a bit like saying anyone who ever worked at Kmart should never be considered for advancement at any other company much less hired. Nope, they worked for losers therefore they'll never amount to ANYTHING...EVER.. Perhaps it goes up a tad higher up in the organization to the Brown family. If a guy ever swept floors at Paul Brown Stadium they should never be given the opportunity to mop floors anywhere else because they once worked under Mike Brown.. Is that how we should view everyone from now till the end of time?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Went with Vance Joseph. Not my first choice but seems like a classic Bengals hire. Will come cheap since Denver just fired him and has a previous relationship with the Brown family. I'd rather roll the dice with Bieniemy or Zac Taylor, but figure somebody else will throw some real money at them given success of Rams/Chiefs offenses.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 01:04 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm not 100% convinced that the mere notion of having worked under Marv ever in their lives consigns anyone to being life long losers.. It's not AS IF Marvin ever had some magical ability to make every coaching candidate think exactly the same way he ever did. It's kind of like saying a player was once on the Bengals roster therefor he can never succeed on another team because Marvin once was his head coach.
I want a clean break as much as anyone, but some of you have predetermined that there's no possibility of anyone who has ever had contact with Marvin Lewis can ever have even the slightest bit of independent thought. If Marvin has that kind of influence then he's much more powerful than anyone could even imagine. It's a bit like saying anyone who ever worked at Kmart should never be considered for advancement at any other company much less hired. Nope, they worked for losers therefore they'll never amount to ANYTHING...EVER.. Perhaps it goes up a tad higher up in the organization to the Brown family. If a guy ever swept floors at Paul Brown Stadium they should never be given the opportunity to mop floors anywhere else because they once worked under Mike Brown.. Is that how we should view everyone from now till the end of time?

I believe that maybe you have predetermined what some of us have predetermined before we have even predetermined it.

I’m not saying that Marvin’s residue has no chance to succeed, but in my opinion the best way to change the culture around here is to eliminate all traces of those who had a hand in setting the culture that we are wanting to replace....But if they do decide on a new custodial staff, I wouldn’t be totally opposed to it.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 01:04 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm not 100% convinced that the mere notion of having worked under Marv ever in their lives consigns anyone to being life long losers.. It's not AS IF Marvin ever had some magical ability to make every coaching candidate think exactly the same way he ever did. It's kind of like saying a player was once on the Bengals roster therefor he can never succeed on another team because Marvin once was his head coach.
I want a clean break as much as anyone, but some of you have predetermined that there's no possibility of anyone who has ever had contact with Marvin Lewis can ever have even the slightest bit of independent thought. If Marvin has that kind of influence then he's much more powerful than anyone could even imagine. It's a bit like saying anyone who ever worked at Kmart should never be considered for advancement at any other company much less hired. Nope, they worked for losers therefore they'll never amount to ANYTHING...EVER.. Perhaps it goes up a tad higher up in the organization to the Brown family. If a guy ever swept floors at Paul Brown Stadium they should never be given the opportunity to mop floors anywhere else because they once worked under Mike Brown..  Is that how we should view everyone from now till the end of time?

Consider the notion of contamination by association.  It is called contiguity theory and goes back to the Bubonic Plague and survival.

In this case the disease of epic failure is Mike Brown.  Lewis and current coaching staff suffer similar contamination disease.  As long as there is temporal relationship between Mike Brown, Lewis, and assistant coaches there is the belief they are all related and diseased proned to fail.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote

The whole country has seen Mikey Brown's decisions and this causes them to gone into long fits of laughter.

Reply/Quote
This may be the real last choice to vote. Remember, this is not who you WANT but who will the Bengal Brass pick as the next Head Coach for Bengals.

And just to allow for Simmons voters. Please Substitute Simmons for McCarthy which is the last name on list.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I voted for bienemy because I think the bengals still can't totally quit the familiar. And I'd be fine with him. For some reason I seem to be preferring Taylor but I have no explanation for why. Maybe it's more to do with I see dalton closer to goff than mahomes and the transition may be easier but I really have no tangible reason. I'm just glad change is coming and I hope they get it right.
Reply/Quote
Well now.
Those who picked Bieniemy look like geniuses! I am glad I made the poll public! I am still holding out hope that Taylor is the Offensive Coordinator. I know he did not do well at U.C. but I think he changed the culture of the Ram's offense, and McVay really likes him and that says a lot.

It is not a done deal yet, but it is looking like Bieniemy is the choice.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 06:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: I picked Bienemy.  I got a hunch, is all I can say.

[Image: ive-got-a-hunch-hes-due.jpg]

(01-10-2019, 05:09 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Well now.
Those who picked Bieniemy look like geniuses!  I am glad I made the poll public!  I am still holding out hope that Taylor is the Offensive Coordinator.  I know he did not do well at U.C.  but I think he changed the culture of the Ram's offense, and McVay really likes him and that says a lot.  

It is not a done deal yet, but it is looking like Bieniemy is the choice.

Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 05:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: Cool

You Sir, are the Man!
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I voted for Hue because I think that's the Worst Possible Decision.

Until they prove me wrong, I'm going with WPD.
Reply/Quote
I still think it will be Shane Waldron.

Running backs don't become head coaches.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 05:16 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: You Sir, are the Man!

LOL....nah, it was, and remains, a gut feeling.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Certainly sounds like Bienienmy is leaving the Chiefs for somewhere based on this video of him thanking the HC and FO for the opportunity.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/10/the-great-cincinnati-mystery-could-end-in-eric-bieniemy/
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 05:41 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Certainly sounds like Bienienmy is leaving the Chiefs for somewhere based on this video of him thanking the HC and FO for the opportunity.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/10/the-great-cincinnati-mystery-could-end-in-eric-bieniemy/

What I like about Bieniemy is that he is plain spoken, blunt, honest, and a great communicator to players.  He is the antithesis of Marvin Lewis.  It sure looks like he is the choice.  

I still want Taylor on board somehow in some way though.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote