Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plain and simple
(10-05-2019, 09:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd say that's all accurate. There are MANY problems here. It's not as simple as just 1 thing or 2 things.

That said, it's hard to tell IF Belicheck could win under Mike Brown. They'd likely clash over control issues.

Bill would NEVER come here. This organization is NOT going to give him the reigns he needs to get anything done. Him or any other HC that knows how to win. Mervin won't get another HC job because he proved this is true and he couldn't get the proper players to get us over the hump!!!

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2019, 11:12 PM)jason Wrote: Belichick would choke Mike Brown with a piano string... The mumble "We're on to Arizona..." as he walks away to discard the murder weapon by the banks of the Ohio.

that would be my hope!!!

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2019, 11:12 PM)jason Wrote: Belichick would choke Mike Brown with a piano string... The mumble "We're on to Arizona..." as he walks away to discard the murder weapon by the banks of the Ohio.

Damn that’s dark. I can picture Bill walking out the room lookin like assassins creed with his hoodie as he mumbles that. Lol nice
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 02:47 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Damn that’s dark. I can picture Bill walking out the room lookin like assassins creed with his hoodie as he mumbles that. Lol nice

Just trying to lighten the mood around here.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 02:40 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm really going to give him a pass this year.  You can't judge a coach when you are missing the following guys:

LT1
LT2
LG1
WR1

AND when you have the following starting for your team:

RT32

Well supposedly they wanted Hart and they knew that Boling was retiring BEFORE the draft. I think they thought they could coach Hart up and failed.

You can judge him from on 4th and 1 calling a fake draw and then QB sneak out of the shotgun. Also you can judge him by calling a 2 yard pass on 3rd and 15.

How about by fielding a defense that is constantly confused by misdirection? Or can you judge him by signing off on a defense that only plays 2 LB's 80% of the time despite being killed by runs?

Seems like those things are just bad coaching.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2019, 11:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't think there's any doubt they would clash. It's no coincidence that the Bengals haven't tried to fix problem areas through free agency with 2 different coaches now (fix it by signing top guys, in their prime, without an injury history--and no, leading the NFL in tackles one year isn't being a "top guy"). We've all seen and heard the interviews about Brown's thoughts on the matter. Then there was all the smoke Marv blew up everyone's ass when he said they were going to be more aggressive in FA. 

Did they get more aggressive? Well, the stepped up a bit from what they normally did, but i wouldn't exactly call it "aggressive". Preston Brown has a good number of tackles but he wasn't considered a top FA linebacker when he signed. 

And people pine for Zimmer as HC. The main reason Zimmer took so long to become a HC was because he's brash and says what's on his mind. That scared a lot of normal owners.

Here, there's like no way he could co-exist with Ownership if he had to work closely with them every day on all aspects of the organization.

They seem to value coaches with a passive personality.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2019, 11:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't think there's any doubt they would clash. It's no coincidence that the Bengals haven't tried to fix problem areas through free agency with 2 different coaches now (fix it by signing top guys, in their prime, without an injury history--and no, leading the NFL in tackles one year isn't being a "top guy"). We've all seen and heard the interviews about Brown's thoughts on the matter. Then there was all the smoke Marv blew up everyone's ass when he said they were going to be more aggressive in FA. 

Did they get more aggressive? Well, the stepped up a bit from what they normally did, but i wouldn't exactly call it "aggressive". Preston Brown has a good number of tackles but he wasn't considered a top FA linebacker when he signed. 

I don't think management knows or have known for 28 years what a roster that wins looks like.

Even when we had really good rosters, we had LB's who couldn't cover TE's. We had bad Centers. Imagine IF we upgraded those positions?

When was the last time we actually had a good LB unit here for instance?
Reply/Quote