Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Play Action Pass With A Minute Left ?????
Totally agree OP!
We have to become balanced, and I'm waiting to see the run game turn it up a few notches in the second half of the season. Regardless of who gets the bulk of carries it has to get better! Gio is having the better year thus far, but if we can get Hill rolling like last season the offense will be far more dangerous than they are now. Gotta find a way to spark this ground game!

WHO DEY!!! Tiger
Reply/Quote
I think Gio's tread needs to get torn up in the playoffs, this is just the regular season. He needs double touches in the playoffs. The problem with winning is you can get complacent on not needing to fix anything (i.e. this must be working, because we're not losing). I'm sure Hue knows how unproductive Hill is being, but it's saving Gio. Our health is the #1 concern - I think we have a decent falloff with our backups for many reasons. Can you imagine not having Dalton right now? Think of the Steelers.

If this team stays together they could be in the playoff run for a few more years at least, but we want the bowl. You never know when you'll be in this position again, if I was player 1 championship would definitely be enough - they need to go all out this playoffs.

I've noticed the Bengals really can't get in a groove with all the penalties flying around on both sides of the ball for both teams. Dalton is typically very good with no huddle/quick huddle plays.

It's amazing then when you watch superbowls with extremely hard hitting that would typically be unnecessary roughness, but it's "play on", because it's the superbowl. There is nothing like the superbowl in sports.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I love Hue Jackson but have to agree with Gruden, he was getting too cute with all the formations, fancy plays (end around in red zone), etc.

Sadly I think Hue was using the opportunity of the bright lights to audition for his next job, rather than game planning to beat the Houston Texans.  WTF

And can we please stop the love affair with our O-Line.  Like most games they were manhandled.  This is the biggest problem with our lackluster running game.  If not for Dalton's quick release they'd be in the bottom half of the league.  AD's pre-snap reads and quick release make them look a lot better than they are.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 09:41 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: And Eifert what he have 4-5 drop passes?

Right, that was unexpected. Why Eifert WHY!
Reply/Quote
We absolutely didn't deserve to win that game. I don't think the Texans deserved to win it either though, lol, one of the worst games to watch. I wish I could have cleaned my house or slept those 3 hours instead. I was dead tired yesterday and actually set an alarm to get up at 8:30PM to watch - horrible decision.
Reply/Quote
That end around seemed like a Marvin Jones repeat against the Browns. We lost 10-6, not like we got blown out, just an interesting struggle of a game.

I always think Adam Jones is bursting with fumes at the inadequacy of our team overall sometimes, you can see it the way he runs back kicks - just pissed off that the offense can't take advantage and he has to do stuff on his own, lol.
Reply/Quote
Ive been saying it ever since Hue has been back. He's overrated. Some of his formations are wack and he tries to get too cute sometimes.

Why are we passing to O lineman when we have AJ Green, Eiffert, Marvin Jones, Gio, etc on this team?

How can you not find more ways to get AJ the ball?

Why don't we run the ball more? Especially after how effective we were at doing it in the second half last night?

Why are we doing play action with a minute left in the 4th quarter when no one and their mother expects us to run the ball?

I think Hue is good for this offense from a personality and motivation standpoint, but man some of his decision making and play calling makes me scratch my head.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 10:56 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We absolutely didn't deserve to win that game. I don't think the Texans deserved to win it either though, lol, one of the worst games to watch. I wish I could have cleaned my house or slept those 3 hours instead. I was dead tired yesterday and actually set an alarm to get up at 8:30PM to watch - horrible decision.

If you like defenses it was a great game by both teams...

Offense was pleagued by Big time drops by the normally clutch Eifert... And the AJ green fumble hurt us bad.

I will say i question the play calling in the first 1/2 its like we were dicking around trying any and everything. we got too cute and it cost us this one against a very hungry Texans team
Reply/Quote
I wonder what Brady's relationship is with josh mcdaniels vs Dalton's and Hue. How often does Brady or Dalton change the play (audible) under his discretion that their OC might not agree with, lol.
Reply/Quote
The thing I don't understand is, your gameplan is obviously not working, Hue. Why are you not calling plays designed to get your receivers open?

Houston might have a good defense, but you cannot convince me that they're THAT good that they can cover all of our receivers every pass play of every drive.

I will say this game perfectly exemplifies how all players on offense are connected. Receivers weren't getting open puts pressure on the OL to block longer then they're capable of. OL can't block well forces the QB to either try to run the ball or move out of the pocket and hope a receiver can make a play. Etc. Etc.

This loss lies solely on the offense, from the coordinator on down.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 11:03 AM)PhilHos Wrote: The thing I don't understand is, your gameplan is obviously not working, Hue. Why are you not calling plays designed to get your receivers open?

Houston might have a good defense, but you cannot convince me that they're THAT good that they can cover all of our receivers every pass play of every drive.

I will say this game perfectly exemplifies how all players on offense are connected. Receivers weren't getting open puts pressure on the OL to block longer then they're capable of. OL can't block well forces the QB to either try to run the ball or move out of the pocket and hope a receiver can make a play. Etc. Etc.

The Texans defense has been anything but good this year. 

After the game Watt said their game plan was to take away the quick passes that make Dalton so comfortable. Well, they did that and Hue never adjusted. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 11:03 AM)PhilHos Wrote: The thing I don't understand is, your gameplan is obviously not working, Hue. Why are you not calling plays designed to get your receivers open?

That's what I don't get... they don't. Houston's defense should have been perfect for us, minus Watt. Our receivers were better than their back field, our OL should have been able to push their OL. Those things showed a couple times, but then we kept going back to the screen pass that they pretty well had down pat.

The only thing Houston didn't looked prepared for was Dalton running it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote