Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Players are turning on Zac finally
(10-11-2022, 11:43 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Sorry my mother got rushed to Emergency room and had to step away for awhile.  

Interesting stats but will dive a little deeper at lunch tomorrow when afforded more time and energy and will compare some full seasons against full seasons to get a complete dataset on both sides. You may be right.   

Yet either way I still want the run game to get going and believe it will equate to more points, wins, and open up the passing game. 

Said all offseason that running the ball was the key to our success this year per they were going to play us like we did Mahomes. You argued well against it each time and that's ok because I learned some things. 

I've offered stats to show this is happening right now and all of a sudden you disagree with #'s, and that's ok too.  There is more than one way to skin a cat and sure your #'s will come fruition by the seasons end, but presently they're not imho.

You have no reason to apologize. I’m terribly sorry to hear that and I hope your family is okay.

Regarding football, I want the run game to get going. It does have value and it is absolutely abysmal right now. One thing to keep in mind about last year, however, is that Cincinnati had one of the most dangerous passing attacks in the league despite having one of the worst rushing attacks in the league. Cincinnati is actually a good example of how they don’t affect each other much.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 11:58 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: You have no reason to apologize. I’m terribly sorry to hear that and I hope your family is okay.

Regarding football, I want the run game to get going. It does have value and it is absolutely abysmal right now. One thing to keep in mind about last year, however, is that Cincinnati had one of the most dangerous passing attacks in the league despite having one of the worst rushing attacks in the league. Cincinnati is actually a good example of how they don’t affect each other much.

Thank you and she has been having issues for awhile now unfortunately.

But oddly that bad rushing attack last season was a full ypc more than this year which shows how abysmal it actually is presently. 

Damn $70 million dollar upgrade  Ninja 

Yet do think the O-line is about to get this going soon and pay dividends. Just needs to be sooner rather than later or we will be down to a one year window before being forced to trim the fat to pay Joe.   
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:33 PM)Tony Wrote: Mixon was quoted as saying "We can only play with the cards we are dealt. Jamaar Chase has criticized Zac this year and Burrow also has thrown shade.

Do you know where they said this? I missed it and I’m trying to look for it.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 12:31 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Do you know where they said this? I missed it and I’m trying to look for it.

It was in the locker room postgame vs Ravens, but not exactly in the context as is being stated here.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 12:27 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Thank you and she has been having issues for awhile now unfortunately.

But oddly that bad rushing attack last season was a full ypc more than this year which shows how abysmal it actually is presently. 

Damn $70 million dollar upgrade  Ninja 

Yet do think the O-line is about to get this going soon and pay dividends. Just needs to be sooner rather than later or we will be down to a one year window before being forced to trim the fat to pay Joe.   

They used the break to switch from wide zone to gap scheme.  It will take a couple more weeks but they looked good on many plays.  We are simply not athletically talented enough on the oline to win with wide zone - gap is more vertical power and we have guys built for this.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 05:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, that's gonna cost him, the photographer filed a police report after he got out of the hospital. Open that checkbook

Geez. Didn't think it was THAT bad. Toughen up photographers lol

(10-11-2022, 06:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: It's in the college ranks too. I give you UKs handling of its redshirt QB as exhibit A. I get being conservative, but this kid won a state championship at a school that had never won it. He has a decent arm, and by all accounts is calm under fire and very smart. Just let him throw the damn thing a bit. Not run a double reverse on play 1 that results in a fumble that sets your opponent up on the 4 yard line going in.

It is weird, don't understand not using players to their strengths. It happens with us a lot, at least on Offense.

Sounds like it is also happening at Kentucky and on a lot of teams in college and in the NFL this year.

(10-11-2022, 11:47 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Bet he had lawyers swarming him at the hospital trying to get that case. 

Dirty ambulance chasers. Whatever
Reply/Quote
Joe's not turning on the coaches

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 02:41 PM)pally Wrote: Joe's not turning on the coaches

He ain't wrong. Mellow
Reply/Quote

Yeah, but he has to say that. There are offensive coaches that are on a lot higher level with much less talent to work with. 
Reply/Quote

That's generally the stance that I take. I am not going to go out and say that ZT is a mastermind or that he is putting guys in 100% optimal situations to succeed. I am not qualified to break down plays and schemes at that level, and very few others on here are, if anyone. The players have to go out and execute, and that is a bit easier to diagnose. That hasn't been happening. 

We can complain and point fingers at the coach all we want but at the end of the day, the players play ball. 
Reply/Quote
740Bengal and Tony…. Joe Burrow hunting you down LOL
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Too funny.....vague comment=definitive proof that players are turning on the coaches.

Direct comment about players responsibility regarding play calls= they have to say that. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 03:38 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: That's generally the stance that I take. I am not going to go out and say that ZT is a mastermind or that he is putting guys in 100% optimal situations to succeed. I am not qualified to break down plays and schemes at that level, and very few others on here are, if anyone. The players have to go out and execute, and that is a bit easier to diagnose. That hasn't been happening. 

We can complain and point fingers at the coach all we want but at the end of the day, the players play ball. 

Me too. There's no doubt bad play calls are made in each game. There's also no doubt poor execution blows several plays up each game. It's not as black and white as some would have you believe 

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 02:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is weird, don't understand not using players to their strengths. It happens with us a lot, at least on Offense.

Sounds like it is also happening at Kentucky and on a lot of teams in college and in the NFL this year.

It is. I see it most games.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 03:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Me too. There's no doubt bad play calls are made in each game. There's also no doubt poor execution blows several plays up each game. It's not as black and white as some would have you believe 

Right im sure Execution breaks some plays.  But if that execution is poor consistently you either gotta practice it to perfection or avoid using it. (even if the %'s says it works for some teams)
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 03:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Me too. There's no doubt bad play calls are made in each game. There's also no doubt poor execution blows several plays up each game. It's not as black and white as some would have you believe 

True, which makes me feel better about this being able to get fixed. It isn't only play calling that is for sure.

(10-12-2022, 03:59 PM)Wyche Wrote: It is. I see it most games.

Same.

(10-12-2022, 04:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Right im sure Execution breaks some plays.  But if that execution is poor consistently you either gotta practice it to perfection or avoid using it. (even if the %'s says it works for some teams)

Yep. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 12:31 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Do you know where they said this? I missed it and I’m trying to look for it.

Jamaar was after the Dallas game..
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 03:48 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: 740Bengal and Tony…. Joe Burrow hunting you down LOL

Ehh, he probably feels the same, he's not the dude to come out and say it. Jay Morrison asked Boyd if he was surprised Mixon didn't get 1 carry from the 2 yard line and he said "Absolutely " it's on Jay's twitter... 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 03:38 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: That's generally the stance that I take. I am not going to go out and say that ZT is a mastermind or that he is putting guys in 100% optimal situations to succeed. I am not qualified to break down plays and schemes at that level, and very few others on here are, if anyone. The players have to go out and execute, and that is a bit easier to diagnose. That hasn't been happening. 

I kinda agree.. Just pissed and the players haven't looked happy at all during games this year. Maybe I read to much into it and want them too call Zac out..
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 06:38 PM)Tony Wrote:  Ehh, he probably feels the same, he's not the dude to come out and say it. Jay Morrison asked Boyd if he was surprised Mixon didn't get 1 carry from the 2 yard line and he said "Absolutely " it's on Jay's twitter... 

Except that before the Browns extended Zac they thoroughly interviewed Joe and the key players. Good idea to make sure Joey Franchise was on board but it’s Joe’s parents who Zac’s really resonated with.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote