Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Players are turning on Zac finally
(10-10-2022, 01:43 PM)Tony Wrote: It's not even a take lol. It's facts. These players have all been quoted saying these things. Look at their faces on the sidelines. Esp Burrow and Chase. It's obvious they know they can't overcome Zac being a horrible playcaller.. The offense is as stagnant as it gets... 

Sorry Tony but it is your take. None of the comments were very critical of the coaches. Yes they didn't come out and defend them and I do think they did not like the calls. But I don't see that being signs that a mutiny is brewing. Players are frustrated with losing because they have high expectations. If the players were expressing excitement and joy --I would be really worried.

Personally I wish he was not the OC. I think the game plans/schemes are not great.  I prefer my head coach to be managing the game and talking to players in all three areas. ZT cannot manage the game as he needs to be thinking of the next play. I think some of the challenges they have experienced is game management.

The game plans need to change. Teams are throwing the same defense at the Bengals and no answers are apparent. I am not sure promoting Callaghan makes a lot of sense either given they share the responsibility but at least it would mix it up a bit which at this point couldn't hurt
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 06:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure folks are frustrated but is it the Chicken or the Egg? Execution or scheme? 

In regard to your question I think it's both. Burrow has been playing mediocre for quite a while now and Zac Taylor's play calling has been below average since he started calling plays in college.

That doesn't have to do with sleds post though where he stated:  "The total lack of capability for some to handle a little bit of adversity speaks a lot about today's generation."

This isn't isolated to this game or even this year. The offense has been a problem for minimum 10 games and outside of a great run pf 5 games mid-season last year you could say for 2-3 years.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 06:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And the pedigree of the coaches. Last year was lightning in a bottle.

And we as fans needed that SB...no doubt.

We're not there yet, but at some point if they can't beat Tampa 2...we'll worry about Burrow.

Nah. The only thing I’ll worry about wrt Burrow is wasting him with these coaches.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Am in the camp of Zac being a good head coach but bad play caller.

didn't think anything in the video was Mixon throwing shade at any coaches or teammates.

My layman recommendation is to fire the analytics team and Zac turning over play calling duties

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:33 PM)Tony Wrote: Mixon was quoted as saying "We can only play with the cards we are dealt. Jamaar Chase has criticized Zac this year and Burrow also has thrown shade. Hopefully the organization is listening and fires this fool. It's only gonna get worst until they aren't so Vague and just say Zac sucks.. The Bengals are gonna lose a ton of talent if they don't run this idiot out of town..

What quotes? Or are you just pulling things out of air?
Reply/Quote
Not a single player has spoken ill of Zac Taylor. They've been frustrated, understandably. They should be.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 08:16 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Not a single player has spoken ill of Zac Taylor. They've been frustrated, understandably. They should be.

Jamaar, Mixon and Burrow have all questioned them.. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:33 PM)Tony Wrote: Mixon was quoted as saying "We can only play with the cards we are dealt. Jamaar Chase has criticized Zac this year and Burrow also has thrown shade. Hopefully the organization is listening and fires this fool. It's only gonna get worst until they aren't so Vague and just say Zac sucks.. The Bengals are gonna lose a ton of talent if they don't run this idiot out of town..

I personally talked to Mixon before the Jets game on the field. I call bull crap. On the field not from the stands
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 08:56 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I personally talked to Mixon before the Jets game on the field. I call bull crap. On the field not from the stands

https://youtu.be/VsZtkXfsxdc
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:01 PM)Tony Wrote: https://youtu.be/VsZtkXfsxdc

Better find somebody else because Mixon is 100% behind Taylor. Better find another example. I know that for 1000% fact.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 06:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IDK, the part where he said "We have to play the cards we are dealt" when he said "we have great coaches and great players" Is code for I'm turning on my HC. 

AAAAhhh! It's all code! No wonder i didn't see it. Forgot to bring my Little Orphan Annie Decoder ring to work today. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 06:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:

So, you're saying that Zac ran a play against a team who is very successful running that exact play? (there should be an emoji in here somewhere but i'm not sure which one to use...)

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
All you guys supporting Taylor probably wanted to resign Marvin for another 5 years too. Ridiculous. Don't even know what trash is when it's right in your face..
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:01 PM)Tony Wrote: https://youtu.be/VsZtkXfsxdc

[Image: 6wg4w0.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:24 PM)Tony Wrote: All you guys supporting Taylor probably wanted to resign Marvin for another 5 years too. Ridiculous. Don't even know what trash is when it's right in your face..

I um...uh.  *cough*

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:24 PM)Tony Wrote: All you guys supporting Taylor probably wanted to resign Marvin for another 5 years too. Ridiculous. Don't even know what trash is when it's right in your face..

I think that you are wasting your thoughts and you will never get back those moments lost in your life agonizing over it because he’s going to be coach for awhile.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:37 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think that you are wasting your thoughts and you will never get back those moments lost in your life agonizing over it because he’s going to be coach for awhile.

Ya, basically just venting I guess.. It's Marvin all over again..
Reply/Quote
That not taking the field goal when they were in the Red Zone was nothing short of stupidity. Not to mention this upgraded offensive line seems to have been a failure. Burrow might very well end up taking Palmer's advice
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:40 PM)Tony Wrote: Ya, basically just venting I guess.. It's Marvin all over again..

Well no not really. Marvin didn’t win 3 playoff games and go to the Super Bowl and it took Belicheck 6 years not 3 to make the playoffs

Reply/Quote
Someone enlighten me......If Brian Callahan is the OC but Taylor is calling the plays then what is the purpose of having Callahan? Callahan, not Taylor, very well might be the issue
Reply/Quote