Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players could start returning this month
(06-09-2020, 08:26 PM)Mer Wrote: A lot of these positive tests are from the flu vaccines. They include Corona virus in them. Live in fear if you want but I choose to believe what I see.

Nobody's afraid... And popping off bullshit over and over and over doesn't make one brave. My life doesn't revolve around being a consumer, and socializing in large groups of people who don't really care about me. I'm as happy and content now as I was before y'all's hoax.

Any thoughts on the NFL firing back up? The silly cavalier bravado, and this "real" info is boring.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(06-09-2020, 07:05 PM)jason Wrote: They players are pretty much telling people who have a problem with it to keep themselves outta football. Maybe they're tired of being told to shut up.

No one is telling them to shut up WTF?

Just don't do that shit on Sundays and other days where you are supposed to be playing football. It is a distraction.

They can speak their minds any other day.

So you want football to die? It will if they keep this up.

I don't get what you are saying at all...
(06-09-2020, 09:27 PM)jason Wrote: Nobody's afraid... And popping off bullshit over and over and over doesn't make one brave. My life doesn't revolve around being a consumer, and socializing in large groups of people who don't really care about me. I'm as happy and content now as I was before y'all's hoax.

Any thoughts on the NFL firing back up?  The silly cavalier bravado, and this "real" info is boring.
Whatever. I'll get my information from those out there working with people everyday that are at risk of exposure. Those that are at the forefront with the accurate information. Not making things up. Just listening to those that are at greatest risk of exposure that truly know what's going on. And by the way if you take offense to my comment about people living in fear and don't believe it's happening you're the one with the b***s****, as you put it. I'm not the one cussing at people in messages. I'm just passing on real information from real medical personnel. May God bless you sir and keep you safe. Good day.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

(06-09-2020, 11:32 PM)Mer Wrote: Whatever. I'll get my information from those out there working with people everyday that are at risk of exposure. Those that are at the forefront with the accurate information. Not making things up. Just listening to those that are at greatest risk of exposure that truly know what's going on. And by the way if you take offense to my comment about people living in fear and don't believe it's happening you're the one with the b***s****, as you put it. I'm not the one cussing at people in messages. I'm just passing on real information from real medical personnel. May God bless you sir and keep you safe. Good day.

Thank you. This is who I like to get my information from as well. Rock On
(06-09-2020, 10:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No one is telling them to shut up WTF?

Just don't do that shit on Sundays and other days where you are supposed to be playing football. It is a distraction.

They can speak their minds any other day.

So you want football to die? It will if they keep this up.

I don't get what you are saying at all...

It's not going to kill football.  Not even close.  The league will be behind it this time around.  NASCAR has a BLM themed car that will run this Sunday.  They have literally one black driver and a predominantly white, southern fanbase.  Do you really think the league won't follow suit with similar gestures?  

The NFL is like Amazon or Nike at this point.  It may have peaks and dips, but it's way too much of an established product for anything outside of outright criminal activity to derail it financially.  It survived the last round of backlash from the kneeling just fine, and public sentiment has turned significantly in favor of the protesters since then.  

If anything, the league stands to hurt itself by cracking down on player protests.  It's never been against league policy, and it isn't now.  

I'll guarantee you two things: 1.There will be an uptick in player protests.  2.  The league will continue to flourish relative to the current economy. This is especially true since the public is extremely eager for any sports entertainment, and the most popular one in the country will be a welcome return to semi-normal for anyone that watches.

I don't care if they do it or not.  I don't care if Donald J Trump buys the Bengals and names them the Cincinnati MAGAs.  I'm watching football because I enjoy the hell out of it and there's nothing that can compete with it from an entertainment standpoint.
(06-10-2020, 04:16 AM)samhain Wrote: It's not going to kill football.  Not even close.  The league will be behind it this time around.  NASCAR has a BLM themed car that will run this Sunday.  They have literally one black driver and a predominantly white, southern fanbase.  Do you really think the league won't follow suit with similar gestures?  

The NFL is like Amazon or Nike at this point.  It may have peaks and dips, but it's way too much of an established product for anything outside of outright criminal activity to derail it financially.  It survived the last round of backlash from the kneeling just fine, and public sentiment has turned significantly in favor of the protesters since then.  

If anything, the league stands to hurt itself by cracking down on player protests.  It's never been against league policy, and it isn't now.  

I'll guarantee you two things: 1.There will be an uptick in player protests.  2.  The league will continue to flourish relative to the current economy. This is especially true since the public is extremely eager for any sports entertainment, and the most popular one in the country will be a welcome return to semi-normal for anyone that watches.

I don't care if they do it or not.  I don't care if Donald J Trump buys the Bengals and names them the Cincinnati MAGAs.  I'm watching football because I enjoy the hell out of it and there's nothing that can compete with it from an entertainment standpoint.

The NFL isn’t permanent. It exists to entertain. Depends upon how the protests are conducted. The reason I say that is these protests were organized across the country to a very violent purpose. The player’s won’t be the only protesters.
Major NFL cities were attacked this past couple weeks and the the police were beaten. They completely lost the streets, then the confidence of citizens and city government. How will this affect crowd control on game day if protests occur outside the stadiums? Fans assaulted? Cars vandalized or burned? The people who directed these protests are capable of it. Can the NFL get the security to prevent this? From demonized cops?
For sure the NFL will come under intense pressure to stop using off duty cops for security. I think the NFL has never faced a more dangerous time to its future than the upcoming season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-10-2020, 04:16 AM)samhain Wrote: It's not going to kill football.  Not even close.  The league will be behind it this time around.  NASCAR has a BLM themed car that will run this Sunday.  They have literally one black driver and a predominantly white, southern fanbase.  Do you really think the league won't follow suit with similar gestures?  

I'll guarantee you two things: 1.There will be an uptick in player protests.  2.  The league will continue to flourish relative to the current economy.  This is especially true since the public is extremely eager for any sports entertainment, and the most popular one in the country will be a welcome return to semi-normal for anyone that watches.

The league survived the last round, but it hurt it significantly. If you think they cannot be hurt to the point of closure, you're kidding yourself. Yeah, they bring in a lot of money, but they put out a lot of money too. Emptier stadiums and more importantly loss of television viewers could easily send this league the way of one of other leagues that have failed. Viewers who are fed up with protests can get their football fix on Saturday or Friday night.
(06-09-2020, 08:26 PM)Mer Wrote: A lot of these positive tests are from the flu vaccines. They include Corona virus in them. Live in fear if you want but I choose to believe what I see.

Not true.  And the virus is not a hoax.  It is a very serious issue for a certain population (mostly elderly and immune compromised).  I have been grocery shopping for my folks and keeping them as isolated as possible.  Initially, there were little to no treatments.  Now, several combinations of therapies have shown to help fight the virus as well as a known "complement blocker" in Eculizumab.  The patients that were dying of ARDS (acute respiratory distress syndrome), which is a late-stage complication of pneumonia.  This is how many of the elderly COVID-19 victims died in nursing homes.  By the time they were sent to hospitals and put on vents, it was too late.  Eculizumab appears to help ARDS patients. 

It isn't much of a threat for healthy, younger (under 70) individuals but if you have elderly parents or a child with severe asthma, it is definitely something to be concerned of and be cautious.  It isn't living in fear, but just trying to protect those that need protection.

People will take any situation and try to turn it in to a political rallying cry for their side.  This creates all the fear and confusion of what is factual and what is "political spin".  The facts are that in Ohio, not one of our ICUs were beyond capacity.  Thank God.  It could have been a real issue if the healthcare system was overwhelmed.  The curve has been "flattened" and businesses are starting to re-open in limited capacities.  I want life to return to normal as quickly as possible as well.  

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrC3CKAyeBeWRsAPRIPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTEybnJmaGptBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQzAwOTVfMQRzZWMDc3I-/RV=2/RE=1591818753/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fwww.reuters.com%2farticle%2fuk-factcheck-flu-vaccine-tests-covid-19-idUSKBN22I367/RK=2/RS=4VE.YTHrMhY7HSCNV_f3CLorGik-
(06-10-2020, 09:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not true.  And the virus is not a hoax.  It is a very serious issue for a certain population (mostly elderly and immune compromised).  I have been grocery shopping for my folks and keeping them as isolated as possible.  Initially, there were little to no treatments.  Now, several combinations of therapies have shown to help fight the virus as well as a known "complement blocker" in Eculizumab.  The patients that were dying of ARDS (acute respiratory distress syndrome), which is a late-stage complication of pneumonia.  This is how many of the elderly COVID-19 victims died in nursing homes.  By the time they were sent to hospitals and put on vents, it was too late.  Eculizumab appears to help ARDS patients. 

It isn't much of a threat for healthy, younger (under 70) individuals but if you have elderly parents or a child with severe asthma, it is definitely something to be concerned of and be cautious.  It isn't living in fear, but just trying to protect those that need protection.

People will take any situation and try to turn it in to a political rallying cry for their side.  This creates all the fear and confusion of what is factual and what is "political spin".  The facts are that in Ohio, not one of our ICUs were beyond capacity.  Thank God.  It could have been a real issue if the healthcare system was overwhelmed.  The curve has been "flattened" and businesses are starting to re-open in limited capacities.  I want life to return to normal as quickly as possible as well.  

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrC3CKAyeBeWRsAPRIPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTEybnJmaGptBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQzAwOTVfMQRzZWMDc3I-/RV=2/RE=1591818753/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fwww.reuters.com%2farticle%2fuk-factcheck-flu-vaccine-tests-covid-19-idUSKBN22I367/RK=2/RS=4VE.YTHrMhY7HSCNV_f3CLorGik-
But life will never return to normal for them as long as folks keep fearing to go out of their house. My mom is 83 and she was concerned in the very beginning as was I because we really didn't know what it was about. I never said it was a hoax. It's a mediocre virus at best but just like ALL viruses, yes, it can kill folks that have immunodeficiency. Do you hide your loved ones every flu season? I'd guess not. Most folks just use their brain and stay away from others if their sick. All the restrictions our government is throwing at us to open back up are absolutely ridiculous. We learned how to be safe in kindergarten. Wet, wash, and rinse. What good are masks when most people don't understand sterile tactics. Money is dirty but so is punching in your pen or signing with the same thing everyone uses regardless if there's a bag covering it. Wet, wash, and rinse. 

And if you seriously think the media is not politically driven towards one side you're fooling yourself.

Unfortunately for football, it has soooooo many people in the team and packed in the sidelines that I hope they keep the sidelines to the bare minimum. No waterboys, no cheerleaders, no 10 yrd marker holders, no coaches other then HC, DC and OC if not in the booth etc. (almost looking like a high school game) As optimistic I am about the season going forward, I know there will be players/staff testing positive that may derail the season or teams. I hope I'm wrong but we'll see.
(06-10-2020, 09:42 AM)Mer Wrote: But life will never return to normal for them as long as folks keep fearing to go out of their house. My mom is 83 and she was concerned in the very beginning as was I because we really didn't know what it was about. I never said it was a hoax. It's a mediocre virus at best but just like ALL viruses, yes, it can kill folks that have immunodeficiency. Do you hide your loved ones every flu season? I'd guess not. Most folks just use their brain and stay away from others if their sick. All the restrictions our government is throwing at us to open back up are absolutely ridiculous. We learned how to be safe in kindergarten. Wet, wash, and rinse. What good are masks when most people don't understand sterile tactics. Money is dirty but so is punching in your pen or signing with the same thing everyone uses regardless if there's a bag covering it. Wet, wash, and rinse. 

And if you seriously think the media is not politically driven towards one side you're fooling yourself.

I didn't say the media isn't politically driven.  In fact, I commented how everyone (including the media) makes this a political battle.  And as far as hiding every flu season, no...I don't.  My parents get the flu shot every year, and they also stay on top of the pneumovax schedule as well.  As of today, there is no vaccine for COVID-19.  Big difference.  And the way this virus specifically targets the lungs, in the elderly, my COPD mother and my 87 year old father are at risk.  

I took the time to respond to you because of your misinformation about the flu vaccine causing a positive test.  The line about living in fear was dismissive of those most at risk, so I chose to add further information.  This isn't the forum, I know...but if you are going to provide false information which others may accept as fact, I felt the need to make sure everyone knew the facts.  
(06-10-2020, 11:19 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I didn't say the media isn't politically driven.  In fact, I commented how everyone (including the media) makes this a political battle.  And as far as hiding every flu season, no...I don't.  My parents get the flu shot every year, and they also stay on top of the pneumovax schedule as well.  As of today, there is no vaccine for COVID-19.  Big difference.  And the way this virus specifically targets the lungs, in the elderly, my COPD mother and my 87 year old father are at risk.  

I took the time to respond to you because of your misinformation about the flu vaccine causing a positive test.  The line about living in fear was dismissive of those most at risk, so I chose to add further information.  This isn't the forum, I know...but if you are going to provide false information which others may accept as fact, I felt the need to make sure everyone knew the facts.  

Yep

There's so much misinformation out there on the internet it's not even funny ! I'm in no way aiming this at Mer, just saying. One example I can site is on guns and ammunition. I wouldn't exactly call myself an expert but I have a lot of firearms experience to say the least. And I've been on dozens of different sites and hundreds of threads where it's easy for me to tell many people just don't know what they're talking about. Why they're choosing to put out information as facts just baffles me ?
(06-09-2020, 11:32 PM)Mer Wrote: Whatever. I'll get my information from those out there working with people everyday that are at risk of exposure. Those that are at the forefront with the accurate information. Not making things up. Just listening to those that are at greatest risk of exposure that truly know what's going on. And by the way if you take offense to my comment about people living in fear and don't believe it's happening you're the one with the b***s****, as you put it. I'm not the one cussing at people in messages. I'm just passing on real information from real medical personnel. May God bless you sir and keep you safe. Good day.

Pointing out that you claimed there have 9nly been 4 people infected with Covid 19 in the Dayton area, and calling bullshit is not cussing at you. It's calling be... Cause that's what that is. God bless you.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(06-10-2020, 11:19 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I didn't say the media isn't politically driven.  In fact, I commented how everyone (including the media) makes this a political battle.  And as far as hiding every flu season, no...I don't.  My parents get the flu shot every year, and they also stay on top of the pneumovax schedule as well.  As of today, there is no vaccine for COVID-19.  Big difference.  And the way this virus specifically targets the lungs, in the elderly, my COPD mother and my 87 year old father are at risk.  

The flu vaccine does include the Corona virus, not Covid-19 which is caused by the Corona virus. Which is why I stated that which is the truth. 

I'm very sorry to hear your mother has COPD. Fortunately my 83 year old mom is in very good health. My father that would have turned 100 last Christmas I lost to cancer 12 years ago. Life is precious and unfortunately very short.

(06-10-2020, 11:57 AM)jason Wrote: Pointing out that you claimed there have 9nly been 4 people infected with Covid 19 in the Dayton area, and calling bullshit is not cussing at you. It's calling be... Cause that's what that is. God bless you.

I didn't claim it. I simply repeated what a good friend of mine that is a firefighter/EMT told me this past weekend. And he said 14, not 4.

(06-10-2020, 11:56 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

There's so much misinformation out there on the internet it's not even funny ! I'm in no way aiming this at Mer, just saying. One example I can site is on guns and ammunition. I wouldn't exactly call myself an expert but I have a lot of firearms experience to say the least. And I've been on dozens of different sites and hundreds of threads where it's easy for me to tell many people just don't know what they're talking about. Why they're choosing to put out information as facts just baffles me ?

No offense taken sir. It's very important to be aware of your sources.

(06-10-2020, 12:12 PM)Mer Wrote: The flu vaccine does include the Corona virus, not Covid-19 which is caused by the Corona virus. Which is why I stated that which is the truth. 
This is false information that is hot on facebook right now.
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-flu-shot-contains-covid19/false-claim-the-flu-shot-contains-covid-19-idUSKBN22V29N
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(06-10-2020, 12:22 PM)Synric Wrote: This is false information that is hot on facebook right now.
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-flu-shot-contains-covid19/false-claim-the-flu-shot-contains-covid-19-idUSKBN22V29N

You're right it doesn't have Covid-19. It contains Corona virus which is the cause of many colds in children.

(06-10-2020, 12:24 PM)Mer Wrote: You're right it doesn't have Covid-19. It contains Corona virus which is the cause of many colds in children.

False again.

Since you didnt read the article.

Quote:SARS-CoV-2 is the virus that causes the disease COVID-19. SARS-CoV-2 is a coronavirus, not an influenza virus, and so would not be present in any flu vaccine. (here(covid-2019)-and-the-virus-that-causes-it)
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

To the relief of some I am going to stop discussing this subject. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. Hopefully we'll have football this fall. Who Dey!!!