Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players could start returning this month
(06-10-2020, 12:30 PM)Mer Wrote: To the relief of some I am going to stop discussing this subject. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. Hopefully we'll have football this fall. Who Dey!!!

Yeah, I am done debating the other stuff. We need football bad, all of us do.
(06-10-2020, 08:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The league survived the last round, but it hurt it significantly. If you think they cannot be hurt to the point of closure, you're kidding yourself. Yeah, they bring in a lot of money, but they put out a lot of money too. Emptier stadiums and more importantly loss of television viewers could easily send this league the way of one of other leagues that have failed. Viewers who are fed up with protests can get their football fix on Saturday or Friday night.

I'm kidding myself?  We constantly discuss, on this very forum how TV revenues basically make up for any fan absence at stadiums. The fun thing about watching TV is that people like to pretend they are boycotting, then continue to watch at home, lol.  The money comes from a lot more places than fan attendance.  It won't matter anyway, because people will still watch. Public opinion is different than 2017 when this issue last came about.
(06-10-2020, 10:04 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Unfortunately for football, it has soooooo many people in the team and packed in the sidelines that I hope they keep the sidelines to the bare minimum. No waterboys, no cheerleaders, no 10 yrd marker holders, no coaches other then HC, DC and OC if not in the booth etc. (almost looking like a high school game) As optimistic I am about the season going forward, I know there will be players/staff testing positive that may derail the season or teams. I hope I'm wrong but we'll see.

Wow now... you're going a bridge too far with no cheerleaders. True, ours aren't great, but I sure enjoy looking at the other teams cheerleaders.
(06-10-2020, 02:37 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm kidding myself?  We constantly discuss, on this very forum how TV revenues basically make up for any fan absence at stadiums.  The fun thing about watching TV is that people like to pretend they are boycotting, then continue to watch at home, lol.  The money comes from a lot more places than fan attendance.  It won't matter anyway, because people will still watch.  Public opinion is different than 2017 when this issue last came about.

Did you even read my post? I specifically stated "more importantly loss of television viewers." Some are watching, many are not. I have many friends who are still refusing to watch from the last rounds. They just moved to college football. Loss of viewers= loss of advertising= loss of income.
(06-09-2020, 10:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No one is telling them to shut up WTF?

Just don't do that shit on Sundays and other days where you are supposed to be playing football. It is a distraction.

They can speak their minds any other day.

So you want football to die? It will if they keep this up.

I don't get what you are saying at all...

Yes! Let us have our football without all of other nonsense or football will lose many fans like you said. i agree. 
(06-10-2020, 11:56 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

There's so much misinformation out there on the internet it's not even funny ! I'm in no way aiming this at Mer, just saying. One example I can site is on guns and ammunition. I wouldn't exactly call myself an expert but I have a lot of firearms experience to say the least. And I've been on dozens of different sites and hundreds of threads where it's easy for me to tell many people just don't know what they're talking about. Why they're choosing to put out information as facts just baffles me ?

The same types that are putting out all this misinforming about the virus are the same ones doing it with guns too. Always exaggerating and bad info and overblowing things to try to cause panic. Good point. Baffles me too.
(06-15-2020, 04:17 PM)Bruce Wrote: Yes! Let us have our football without all of other nonsense or football will lose many fans like you said. i agree. 

(06-15-2020, 04:21 PM)Bruce Wrote: The same types that are putting out all this misinforming about the virus are the same ones doing it with guns too. Always exaggerating and bad info and overblowing things to try to cause panic. Good point. Baffles me too.

Post more Bruce, I like you man. Cool
(06-15-2020, 05:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Post more Bruce, I like you man. Cool

Thanks bud. I've been a follower of thise site for a couple years. Read every day about. Never really wanted to do messages until lately. I think this place could use some different voices that agree more with people like you and a few others on this place that don't jus go along with what thye're told they should think and say. 
(06-15-2020, 04:17 PM)Bruce Wrote: Yes! Let us have our football without all of other nonsense or football will lose many fans like you said. i agree. 

Exactly.

Lets have football without having the national anthem before the game.  WTF does the national anthem have to do with a football game?

That way all the nuts who believe in forced patriotism can still enjoy the game without getting all pissy about people who don't agree with their political views. 

We live in the United States, not North Korea.  This is supposed to be a free country.  It is ridiculous to have the leader of a free country losing his shit over someone who does not comply with forced acts of patriotism.
(06-15-2020, 06:23 PM)Bruce Wrote: Thanks bud. I've been a follower of thise site for a couple years. Read every day about. Never really wanted to do messages until lately. I think this place could use some different voices that agree more with people like you and a few others on this place that don't jus go along with what thye're told they should think and say. 

Rock On
The last thing people need to worry about is the National Anthem at this juncture. We will cross that bridge when we get there.

After what we saw out of Alabama and (another college I can't remember) this weekend, and what we are seeing from Dallas/Houston after some small player workouts.

The season is in serious jeopardy. They can't just cancel practice for 14 days, or shut down completely (as you saw Alabama etc do). What happens if the QB room comes down with the virus? Do you stop practice? Forfeit the game? None of that sounds ideal or anything the NFL is prepared for.

Kneeling to protest injustice and the NA seems like the good old days. When there was fans in the seats, a ruckus crowd, and a live performance. All of that will change.

Players could start returning this month (they won't), but what we are seeing out of Texas should be alarming.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(06-15-2020, 06:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Exactly.

Lets have football without having the national anthem before the game.  WTF does the national anthem have to do with a football game?

That way all the nuts who believe in forced patriotism can still enjoy the game without getting all pissy about people who don't agree with their political views. 

We live in the United States, not North Korea.  This is supposed to be a free country.  It is ridiculous to have the leader of a free country losing his shit over someone who does not comply with forced acts of patriotism.

This is a free country friend which is why we play the anthem cause it represents that freedom. Its pretty easy to just respect the flag and then play football. Not hard at all. Then when the game is over protest whatever you want on your own time. This really aint hard but people like to make it that way cause it gives them something to be mad about where there is no reason to be mad.

staying on football though, I just want to watch a football game where they play football. If i want anything else i'll turn on the news or read the paper. On sundays though, I want football to just be football.
(06-15-2020, 06:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: The last thing people need to worry about is the National Anthem at this juncture. We will cross that bridge when we get there.

After what we saw out of Alabama and (another college I can't remember) this weekend,  and what we are seeing from Dallas/Houston after some small player workouts.

The season is in serious jeopardy. They can't just cancel practice for 14 days, or shut down completely (as you saw Alabama etc do). What happens if the QB room comes down with the virus? Do you stop practice? Forfeit the game? None of that sounds ideal or anything the NFL is prepared for.

Kneeling to protest injustice and the NA seems like the good old days.

Players could start returning this month (they won't), but what we are seeing out of Texas should be alarming.

by trying to keep people inside and seperating them and all that, they're just making people weaker and weaker. How are people supposed to fight something off if theyre never exposed to it. We dont shut down the country or sports for the flu or anything else, so we shouldnt during this either. The longer it takes to reopn everything the more people you hurt and the more you hurt the country as a whole. 

We make football players play through every type of weather, with all kinds of medical situations and everything else, but we cant have them playing because of a virus? Come on. 
So you making them play while testing positive?

Opening the country and all that aside. Football is what I'm talking about. How do you manage it from a football standpoint. If you aren't advocating them playing with covid, then what happens when it hits a position group (qb). This spreads quicker then the flu. We've learned that. Look at what we are hearing out of Texas as it relates to attempted player practices.

Fall was supposed to be the 2nd phase, and we are still in the first one. I'm increasingly feeling odds aren't favoring a full season return. Not with shutting down practices being the safest option not to spread it amongst players you need to play and be competitive and their family etc.

(06-15-2020, 07:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: So you making them play while testing positive?

Opening the country and all that aside. Football is what I'm talking about. How do you manage it from a football standpoint. If you aren't advocating them playing with covid, then what happens when it hits a position group (qb). This spreads quicker then the flu. We've learned that.  Look at what we are hearing out of Texas as it relates to attempted player practices.

Fall was supposed to be the 2nd phase, and we are still in the first one. I'm increasingly feeling odds aren't favoring a full season return. Not with shutting down practices being the safest option not to spread it amongst players you need to play and be competitive and their family etc.

You do what i heard some sports show talking about the other day, like how the xfl had an extra roster that jus practiced and stayed ready in case needed people to fill for injuries or whatever, you do the same in the nfl except have maybe 6 extra rosters that could practice and scrimmage against each other and stayed prepared for when they are needed.
(06-15-2020, 07:18 PM)Bruce Wrote: You do what i heard some sports show talking about the other day, like how the xfl had an extra roster that jus practiced and stayed ready in case needed people to fill for injuries or whatever, you do the same in the nfl except have maybe 6 extra rosters that could practice and scrimmage against each other and stayed prepared for when they are needed.

That would be an option, but that would have already been in the works (and those replacement players haven't practiced this summer or learned the playbook, so they are far behind this process).

Expanding the roster should be on the table. Almost has to be if this is going to work.

(06-15-2020, 06:44 PM)Bruce Wrote: This really aint hard but people like to make it that way cause it gives them something to be mad about where there is no reason to be mad.

Couldn't agree more, Bruce.  This is real simple.  We live in a country that should not required forced acts of patriotism in order for a person to play a football game, but some people think they should be allowed to force their beliefs on everyone.  And if they don't get their way then they think anyone who disagrees with them should not be allowed to play in the NFL. 

So just stop playing the national anthem before football games.  It is that simple.  The United States is a free country where we don't believe in forced acts of patriotism.  If you want that then go to North Korea.
This thread had devolved into a full-blown political discussion..

This is a reminder that political and religious rhetoric is strictly forbidden outside of the Politics & Religion forum provided. (there are a few, rare exceptions made for specific current events, and how the relate to the team or football in general, but this is NOT one of those instances!)

Mad

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23