Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Players that need more playing time
(11-23-2022, 09:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He got stuffed at the LOS on a play that wasn't blocked up but had an 8 yard carry that he almost broke for a score in the red zone that didn't blow me away, but got me interested.  That was tied the longest carry of the game by any Bengal's RB.  

I'm not saying he was bad and doesn't deserve a shot. Given Mixons concussion and him being a RB I would assume he'll be out for the Titans so Williams may get his chance. I'm just saying when Evans was given playing time last year (and the little bit this year) he performed just as well or better. 
Reply/Quote
I’d like to see ADG in some 3-3-5 packages in passing situations where we normally go 4-2-5. It would add some additional coverage and blitzing options.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 02:43 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I would have said Chris Evans but Perine had a fairly solid game especially in the department I believe Evans would have the biggest impact. Although I still think he showcased some quality talent on that long catch a few games ago.

Evans was my first thought and then it sounded like a stupid thought after what Perine did in the passing game last Sunday.

Hard to beat 3 TD's in the passing game.

(11-22-2022, 02:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe not in the "backup" capacity, but the OL...  In the form of long, punishing, time consuming drives.  This unit has come a long way since the start of the season, but the development is far from over.  A few long, ball-control drives per game will have them reaching their peak for the playoff run.

Maybe more Adeniji or D'Ante Smith in Jumbo packages?

(11-22-2022, 02:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought Trayveon Williams looked like he could take snaps from Evans in KR and RB 2-3

Looked great I thought. Finally saw that Trayveon Williams for A&M around last game. Nice vision and looked much quicker
on Returns than Evans has this year. The better player in the Return game is Trayveon without question, Evans hasn't shown
much at all in this aspect.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 10:47 AM)TheFan Wrote: I'm not saying he was bad and doesn't deserve a shot. Given Mixons concussion and him being a RB I would assume he'll be out for the Titans so Williams may get his chance. I'm just saying when Evans was given playing time last year (and the little bit this year) he performed just as well or better. 

I loved Evans coming in to this season and expected to see a lot more of him, especially after losing Chase.  I know he has been injured, but given Mixon's early struggles, I am borderline shocked we didn't see more of him early on.  

But that is irrelevant to the performance by Williams.  He did a damn good job and I was glad to see it.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
On defense
ADG, Ossai, Sample, and Hill

On Offense
Evans
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 11:55 AM)lostpoet2 Wrote: I’d like to see ADG in some 3-3-5 packages in passing situations where we normally go 4-2-5. It would add some additional coverage and blitzing options.

Good one.  Actually one of ADG's biggest strengths.  I also like when they blitz Hilton.  He is already on the field, but maybe use him a bit differently.  
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 03:57 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good one.  Actually one of ADG's biggest strengths.  I also like when they blitz Hilton.  He is already on the field, but maybe use him a bit differently.  

I second the ADG thought. Really like this player, he just hasn't been getting as many snaps with both Pratt and Logan 
balling out. But ADG can be a fantastic player in his own right, would like to see him blitz at times as he has good hands
for shedding blocks and can be a pass rusher. But yeah, keep blitzing Hilton, he is great at it.
Reply/Quote
I’d like to see Joe Burrow play on Defense too.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 06:36 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I’d like to see Joe Burrow play on Defense too.

I could see him play End at times if he gained some muscle. Smirk

LET'S F'N GOOO!!!!Mad
Reply/Quote
I think it's interesting that there is no one very obvious that most of us say "Yeah, that guy right there. He need more PT."
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 08:20 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I think it's interesting that there is no one very obvious that most of us say "Yeah, that guy right there.  He need more PT."

Great times Eaton, great times. Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 09:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dax Hill so he can be ready when they face offenses like KC and Buffalo.  Not saying you bench Bates or Bell, but the three safety look could be employed against them in certain down and distance.  I trust Lou to do what he needs to, but since Hill has been injured, he hasn't had the chance.  

I have never been a big fan of Treyveon Williams, but he played like a man possessed against pitt.  Maybe a part of the rotation if Evans is still injured?  

Never will I forget this play.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-butt-fumble-turns-into-long-cowboys-defensive-touchdown-for-aldon-smith/
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 09:02 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Never will I forget this play.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-butt-fumble-turns-into-long-cowboys-defensive-touchdown-for-aldon-smith/

Hold onto the ball Trayveon, damn. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 09:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hold onto the ball Trayveon, damn. Mellow

I had high hopes for Travyeon. 

Injuries have been his biggest problem over the years. 

I'd sure like to think he's improved his game despite that.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 09:12 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I had high hopes for Travyeon. 

Injuries have been his biggest problem over the years. 

I'd sure like to think he's improved his game despite that.

He sure looked great last game. Loved his burst and he looks in great shape with speed. I like him on Kick Returns too.

Unlike Evans who I was propping up for a big year, but he got the injury bug like Trayveon did early on.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 03:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Evans was my first thought and then it sounded like a stupid thought after what Perine did in the passing game last Sunday.

Hard to beat 3 TD's in the passing game.

Maybe more Adeniji or D'Ante Smith in Jumbo packages?

Looked great I thought. Finally saw that Trayveon Williams for A&M around last game. Nice vision and looked much quicker
on Returns than Evans has this year. The better player in the Return game is Trayveon without question, Evans hasn't shown
much at all in this aspect.

I would like to see D'ante Smith get some playing time, but not at the expense of the starting 5 who are finally starting to improve. I agree though we have had some decent success running out of the jumbo package. Smith was looking good last preseason I'd like to find ways to get him some playing time.

Tennessee will be a decent game to measure their growth to avenge that sacktacular performance they had against us in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 12:06 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I would like to see D'ante Smith get some playing time, but not at the expense of the starting 5 who are finally starting to improve. I agree though we have had some decent success running out of the jumbo package. Smith was looking good last preseason I'd like to find ways to get him some playing time.

Tennessee will be a decent game to measure their growth to avenge that sacktacular performance they had against us in the playoffs.

D'Ante looks great at times he just needs to stop with those penalties. He has great length and overall talent.

Prince actually might be someone we see in the Jumbo package at times too. We will see, Adeniji just needs to stay on the edge.

He is a terrible Guard. All these guys are Tackles.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 12:14 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: D'Ante looks great at times he just needs to stop with those penalties. He has great length and overall talent.

Prince actually might be someone we see in the Jumbo package at times too. We will see, Adeniji just needs to stay on the edge.

He is a terrible Guard. All these guys are Tackles.

Yep, agreed. I don't understand the hate for Adeniji. Rookie Joe Burrow's first game without getting sacked was fellow rookie Adeniji's first career start filling in for the injured Jonah Williams. At guard, as bad as he was, he still kept Carman off of the field. That's how bad Carman is.

And as far as him being a terrible guard, he didn't study the RGs responsibilities until a couple weeks before coming back from injury. He was preparing to be the 1st Tackle off of the bench but with the surprising confidence in both Prince and Smith growing week by week, they asked him to prepare for RG because Carman's lack of knowledge of the playbook was slowing down practice. Once Adeniji was healthy and inserted at RG, smoother practices with 10-15 more reps per day resulted in an offense really coming into it's own down the stretch.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 09:02 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Never will I forget this play.

Yep.  Thank God it didn't become a National Highlight like Dirty Sanchez's.  
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 01:06 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Yep, agreed. I don't understand the hate for Adeniji. Rookie Joe Burrow's first game without getting sacked was fellow rookie Adeniji's first career start filling in for the injured Jonah Williams. At guard, as bad as he was, he still kept Carman off of the field. That's how bad Carman is.

And as far as him being a terrible guard, he didn't study the RGs responsibilities until a couple weeks before coming back from injury. He was preparing to be the 1st Tackle off of the bench but with the surprising confidence in both Prince and Smith growing week by week, they asked him to prepare for RG because Carman's lack of knowledge of the playbook was slowing down practice. Once Adeniji was healthy and inserted at RG, smoother practices with 10-15 more reps per day resulted in an offense really coming into it's own down the stretch.

The hate for Adeniji comes from his poor play last year at Guard but he was also playing injured, and he has looked
so much better this year when playing at OT. I was evidently wrong about Carman, I wanted him before we drafted 
him but like you say he just isn't very smart I guess. Loved his power, but if he cannot pick up a playbook it just won't
matter. I actually like our depth if these guys can grow at OT. D'Ante, Adeniji and Prince all have talent and now both
Adeniji and Prince have great experience playing in the biggest games.
Reply/Quote