Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playoff Carson Palmer looks worse than Playoff Andy
(01-25-2016, 09:44 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: One has to think now that the door is officially shut on Carson ever winning a title. Panthers will be the team to beat in the NFC for years to come.
Idk about all that.  Wasn't Seattle supposed to be the best for years to come?
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
Carson had an issue with his finger. The middle one.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Will Fitzgerald stick with this team? I think he's 33 next year. How much longer does he have to go with a chump at QB?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 12:07 AM)Brandon00151 Wrote: Once a Marvin Lewis coached QB always a Marvin Lewis coached QB.  Smirk

I have seen crap like this online blaming the Bengals.  Carson's failure has nothing to do with the Bengals.  He turned his back on the Bengals long ago.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 12:02 AM)BayouBengal Wrote: He can't blame the finger for all those picks, dude is sucking it up worse than playoff Andy ever has.

Discuss:

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter how bad Palmer was it doesn't change how Dalton has played in the playoffs. We'll have to wait another year to see if Dalton has shaken his playoff blues.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 02:53 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Well it took Palmer 13 years to get that playoff win. If we were comparing him to Marvin he would have the upper hand. I think Dalton will get one before his 13th season in the NFL.

Hopefully it is in year 6, and followed by 2 or 3 more wins and a 2017 Lombardi.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 11:17 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Will Fitzgerald stick with this team? I think he's 33 next year. How much longer does he have to go with a chump at QB?

Fitz could have left after the 2014 season but he backed Palmer and believes in the guy.  I don't know if it's really possible for us to feel badly for Fitz while acting as though he is mentally insane for not signing with the "Super Bowl CERTAIN" Colts, or something.  
Reply/Quote
At least we don't have to deal with Carson (Frostee/Gresham etc) getting to the Superbowl and clearly winning the retirement/trade battle (he's won, in that he can claim post season success, which Marvin and Co still after all these years and chances can't).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 01:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: At least we don't have to deal with Carson (Frostee/Gresham etc) getting to the Superbowl and clearly winning the retirement/trade battle (he's won, in that he can claim post season success, which Marvin and Co still after all these years and chances can't).

I mean, can he?

He was pretty rough in both games and it took a Herculean effort from Larry Fitz to bail him out vs Green Bay. 
I'm sure if Marv had a guy take a game over like Fitz did he'd have a win too...
Reply/Quote
He can always say he made the AFC Championship game. No one will care how. And why would they? The "how" only matters when you lose. Winning covers all that up.

For years, people will remember the Steelers beating the Bengals in the Wild Card game. No one will remember how they looked. But they'll remember how the Bengals lost.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 01:03 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I mean, can he?

He was pretty rough in both games and it took a Herculean effort from Larry Fitz to bail him out vs Green Bay. 
I'm sure if Marv had a guy take a game over like Fitz did he'd have a win too...

Fitz did 99% of the work on that huge pass play in OT, but if Palmer is the big "fold like a cheap tent" QB we act like he is then he doesn't keep that play alive and spin away from pressure to make the throw.  Also, the offense was bailing out the defense in OT for that 2 hail mary debacle to end the 4th.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 01:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Fitz did 99% of the work on that huge pass play in OT, but if Palmer is the big "fold like a cheap tent" QB we act like he is then he doesn't keep that play alive and spin away from pressure to make the throw.  Also, the offense was bailing out the defense in OT for that 2 hail mary debacle to end the 4th.

I'm not saying he folded like a cheap tent, but saying he's had playoff success is like saying Dilfer > Marino because Super Bowls. 

Yeah he got a win but it was more or less in spite of him.
Reply/Quote
Now now..The REAL narrative is how the really washed up pizza pitchman who played utterly horrible all season long, even got benched suddenly and miraculously turning everything into gold.going out with the last hoorah just to show Elway that it doesn't take big teeth to win despite having absolutely sucking ALL SEASON LONG..Face it Carson, your teeth just weren't big enough for the game and don't worry..everyone will blame Marvin anyway.

Question: Was anyone in any doubt whatsoever that Manning was going to suddenly and miraculously get better just for the playoffs and his 15 seconds retirement fame? It was written in the stars back room of the NFL marketing department ..

Conspiracy theorist? Who me? Nahhhhhhh..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The curse forgot about him for a week. Finally caught up to him
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 01:19 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I'm not saying he folded like a cheap tent, but saying he's had playoff success is like saying Dilfer > Marino because Super Bowls. 

Yeah he got a win but it was more or less in spite of him.

Meh, Palmer actually did some things in the GB game to help his team so I'd say "in spite of him" is pretty harsh.  
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 01:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, Palmer actually did some things in the GB game to help his team so I'd say "in spite of him" is pretty harsh.  

They should have been up big but Palmer was pretty set on throwing the ball to the other guys. It should have been worse than it was. 
Reply/Quote
Carson had an absolutely horrible game but so did the rest of the team. The defense couldn't stop the offense and the WR had some big drops. Not much of a running game at all. It was a total team failure led by Carson.

Know what I noticed immediately? Carson overthrowing those passes in the first half exactly like he did in the Jets wildcard game. I remember how poorly his accuracy was in that game and at the time gave him the benefit of a doubt after the game but now think his nerves get to him in the playoffs.

I did feel bad for the Cards though, looked a lot like the Bengals in the playoffs with a complete team failure.
Reply/Quote
Anybody remember the study that "brain doctor" did on Carson? Where his results said something along the lines of "Palmer will never be a great QB" though he will look great at times but wilt under pressure?

Dude was pretty spot on... I'll see if I can find the article.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 01:49 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: They should have been up big but Palmer was pretty set on throwing the ball to the other guys. It should have been worse than it was. 

Yep, he SHOULDA lost and we SHOULDA won and I SHOULDA been a Steelers fan if I wanted to have a rewarding football life.  So it goes!
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 02:15 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Anybody remember the study that "brain doctor" did on Carson? Where his results said something along the lines of "Palmer will never be a great QB" though he will look great at times but wilt under pressure?

Dude was pretty spot on... I'll see if I can find the article.

Yeah I remember that. I'm pretty sure that something similar was in some of Carson's scouting reports as well.

He has some amazing stretches, and he might throw the prettiest ball in the league, but then he'll just have these moments where he makes multiple dumb decisions. It happened a lot in 2010. People just pinned it on TO and Chad "running bad routes" which was BS. Overall for his career, Carson's INT% is pretty high (3.05 - anything over 3 is pretty high).

Carson's tendency to throw head scratchers is still there. Arians threw his arms up at CP multiple times this year, like dude what are you thinking? Carson is a great talent and looks the part, but mentally he's fragile.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote