Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playoff Carson Palmer looks worse than Playoff Andy
Laura forgot that Bengal Playoff Excema doesn't wash off.

You can pout, sit out, beg for a trade, etc.

It can be treated with topical ointments and moisturizers but it cannot be cured.

Hate Laura; loved watching her meltdown.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 11:23 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I have seen crap like this online blaming the Bengals.  Carson's failure has nothing to do with the Bengals.  He turned his back on the Bengals long ago.

This. ^^^^^^^^^

Carson 's accomplishments and failures have nothing to do with the Bengals. He quit and that is it. 

The best teams are still playing and we or he are not one of them unfortunately for either. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 01:03 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I mean, can he?

He was pretty rough in both games and it took a Herculean effort from Larry Fitz to bail him out vs Green Bay. 
I'm sure if Marv had a guy take a game over like Fitz did he'd have a win too...

Still waiting for AJ Green to do that in the postseason....
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 02:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Still waiting for AJ Green to do that in the postseason....

Or literally anyone on offense. 
Reply/Quote
Goes to show that you can put a great team around him, give him excellent coaches and ownership, and he will still revert back to his old self, when the other team plays defense.

The mistakes that I saw Carson Palmer make, were the same things that I used to complain about when he was a Bengal.  As soon as he takes a shot, he starts making really bad decisions.  Like rushing throws, forcing the ball where it has no business going, leading to frustration, interceptions, fumbles.  Those were his faults when he was a Bengal, and still his lack of composure under pressure haunts him today.

I guess we can officially close the book on the idea that it was Cincinnati that was holding him back?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 12:02 AM)BayouBengal Wrote: He can't blame the finger for all those picks, dude is sucking it up worse than playoff Andy ever has.

Discuss:

If we trade McCarron to the Cardinals would you be excited? ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 03:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I guess we can officially close the book on the idea that it was Cincinnati that was holding him back?

How can I close that book while I still have the "Cincinnati is holding Dalton back" book open?
Reply/Quote
I don't think this game was fully Carsons fault tho. The Panthers are just on a whole nother level.

The Panthers will win the superbowl, and in dominating fashion I bet.
Reply/Quote
Carson says that this loss will hurt for the rest of his life. Wow. Even more than fans dumping trash on your lawn?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000628099/article/carson-palmer-cards-loss-will-hurt-for-rest-of-my-life
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 12:02 AM)BayouBengal Wrote: He can't blame the finger for all those picks, dude is sucking it up worse than playoff Andy ever has.

Discuss:

Yeah, that is why i picked the Panthers over the Cardinals, Palmer. He looked bad last week against the
Packers and right then i knew he was a choke artist for sure. He was just throwing balls up there to get
picked off. Too bad for Fitzgerald, he deserves a SB win before he retires IMHO.

Great player and person Fitzgerald. I like the Cards better than the Panthers but they had no chance
with Palmer at QB this game. Yes, looked much worse than Andy. Andy has some excuses for his poor
play in the Playoffs, Carson has none for that pathetic performance yesterday.

I am not a Carson hater either and didn't really blame him when he quit here.

Brady got hit ten times as much as Palmer and didn't throw any terribly bonehead picks like Palmer did.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 03:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, that is why i picked the Panthers over the Cardinals, Palmer. He looked bad last week against the
Packers and right then i knew he was a choke artist for sure. He was just throwing balls up there to get
picked off. Too bad for Fitzgerald, he deserves a SB win before he retires IMHO.

Great player and person Fitzgerald. I like the Cards better than the Panthers but they had no chance
with Palmer at QB this game. Yes, looked much worse than Andy. Andy has some excuses for his poor
play in the Playoffs, Carson has none for that pathetic performance yesterday.

I am not a Carson hater either and didn't really blame him when he quit here.

Brady got hit ten times as much as Palmer and didn't throw any terribly bonehead picks like Palmer did.

Meh, Carson has ligament damage in his index finger and I fully expect he's going to drop out of the Pro Bowl to have it surgically repaired.  Maybe you think the Cardinals should have sat him and played Stanton for the past month like the Bengals did with Dalton?  Who knows.  Hindsight and all that.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 03:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, Carson has ligament damage in his index finger and I fully expect he's going to drop out of the Pro Bowl to have it surgically repaired.  Maybe you think the Cardinals should have sat him and played Stanton for the past month like the Bengals did with Dalton?  Who knows.  Hindsight and all that.

I never said that they should of started Stanton. He just looked bad and it didn't look like it was because of injury.

He was just throwing balls up there to get picked off, that is mental and it reminded me of some of his bad games
when he was here. Dalton's injury was much worse than Palmer's IMO.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 03:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I never said that they should of started Stanton. He just looked bad and it didn't look like it was because of injury.

He was just throwing balls up there to get picked off, that is mental and it reminded me of some of his bad games
when he was here. Dalton's injury was much worse than Palmer's IMO.

I'm not saying it's all on the injury, but the team took a nose-dive after the Philly game.  Carson had a bad finger, he was in a tailspin since it happened, and they ran into the best team in the NFL in a season where it looks like every Pathers fan sold his soul to Satan for a win.  Carson stunk beyond the finger, though.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 03:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not saying it's all on the injury, but the team took a nose-dive after the Philly game.  Carson had a bad finger, he was in a tailspin since it happened, and they ran into the best team in the NFL in a season where it looks like every Pathers fan sold his soul to Satan for a win.  Carson stunk beyond the finger, though.

I agree with all of this.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 03:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dalton's injury was much worse than Palmer's IMO.

True, but Dalton had an injury to sideline a guy while Palmer had the sort of injury where you can fudge your way through the rest of the season, just don't get your hopes up, change the way you play the game (or expect those throws into tight windows you made all year to turn into INTs), and chuck half the playbook.

A fracture turned Dalton into Mr. Clipboard and a ligament out of place turned Palmer into a game-manager who was in way over his head in the NFC Championship game.  Billion-dollar businesses and the hopes of millions hinge upon the smallest of bones and ligaments in one man's hands.  Cosmic stuff, man.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 03:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True, but Dalton had an injury to sideline a guy while Palmer had the sort of injury where you can fudge your way through the rest of the season, just don't get your hopes up, change the way you play the game (or expect those throws into tight windows you made all year to turn into INTs), and chuck half the playbook.

A fracture turned Dalton into Mr. Clipboard and a ligament out of place turned Palmer into a game-manager who was in way over his head in the NFC Championship game.  Billion-dollar businesses and the hopes of millions hinge upon the smallest of bones and ligaments in one man's hands.  Cosmic stuff, man.

Yeah, tough beans for the Cards no doubt.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 02:15 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Anybody remember the study that "brain doctor" did on Carson? Where his results said something along the lines of "Palmer will never be a great QB" though he will look great at times but wilt under pressure?

Dude was pretty spot on... I'll see if I can find the article.

I've never heard of that study.  I'd like to see it.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 04:06 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I've never heard of that study.  I'd like to see it.

I remember that. From what I remember it is pseudoscience with out the support of evidenced-based literature. That theory may have hit the nail on the head about Palmer faltering in big games by luck, but I'd say it is for other reasons.

In Sports Psych, players falter in key moments often due to a lack of concentration. Behavior can be learned and changed.

Me, I watched many of his throws. He was off all day. I really think it was due to his finger injury.
Reply/Quote
Ok? Palmer still has one playoff win to Andy's zero. It's almost like there are things other than QB play that affect the outcome of the games...
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 04:06 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I've never heard of that study.  I'd like to see it.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/HEAD+GAMES+DOCTOR%3A+BRAIN+TYPE+COULD+LIMIT+PALMER'S+SUCCESS.-a0121867808

It's been awhile since I read it (about 7 years haha), and I forgot that it really doesn't hold much merit. The guy never interviewed Carson himself and just based his assessment on game film and tv interviews. Despite that... It's pretty dead on.
Reply/Quote