Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Playoff Generator
(12-21-2021, 05:56 PM)basballguy Wrote: It took some finagling but I came up with this scenario as the one i'd want to see the most:

[Image: playoffs.png]

God, please, no more ties, for any reason or agenda.  We've done our time in purgatory LOL  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Bengals can end up winning the division even with just one win (CLE) if the following happens:
Ravens lose to Rams and Steelers
Steelers lose to Chiefs and Browns
Browns lose to Bengals and Packers

Bengals would be tied 9-8 with Ravens, but they'd get in due to the division record tiebreaker.

No way of winning the division if the Bengals lose out.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 07:32 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: God, please, no more ties, for any reason or agenda.  We've done our time in purgatory LOL  

All 4 teams in the playoffs and 2 ties in their last 3 games?
You had to work to get that one. I think SD makes it and I think Pitt is out. AFCN gets 2 in I think.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 07:32 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: God, please, no more ties, for any reason or agenda.  We've done our time in purgatory LOL  

All 4 teams in the playoffs and 2 ties in their last 3 games?
You had to work to get that one. I think SD makes it and I think Pitt is out. AFCN gets 2 in I think.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 08:05 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: All 4 teams in the playoffs and 2 ties in their last 3 games?  
You had to work to get that one.  I think SD makes it and I think Pitt is out. AFCN gets 2 in I think.

(12-21-2021, 08:10 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: All 4 teams in the playoffs and 2 ties in their last 3 games?  
You had to work to get that one.  I think SD makes it and I think Pitt is out. AFCN gets 2 in I think.

So nice you posted twice  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 08:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals can end up winning the division even with just one win (CLE) if the following happens:
Ravens lose to Rams and Steelers
Steelers lose to Chiefs and Browns
Browns lose to Bengals and Packers

Bengals would be tied 9-8 with Ravens, but they'd get in due to the division record tiebreaker.

No way of winning the division if the Bengals lose out.

Apparently there's a few ways for us to take the division if we go 1-2, because I had us winning one game, losing to the Browns, and we still took the division.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 10:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We handle our business against the Ravens, San Fran beats the Titans, and the Bills beat the Pats. The KC game becomes a #1 seed v. #2 seed game.

Now here's the kicker: IF Pitt beats KC next week, then the KC-Cincy game becomes a battle for the #1 seed in the AFC

Wow, that would be awesome. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 08:10 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: All 4 teams in the playoffs and 2 ties in their last 3 games?  

haha i said it took some finagling.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 08:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Apparently there's a few ways for us to take the division if we go 1-2, because I had us winning one game, losing to the Browns, and we still took the division.

You're right.
The only other way to still win the division with 1-2 is to beat the Ravens.

Ravens would have to beat the Steelers and lose to the Rams, putting them in a tie with Bengals at 9-8.
Steelers would also have to go 1-2, beating the Browns but losing to Ravens and Chiefs, putting them at 8-8-1.
Browns would have to go 1-2, with their only win being against Bengals, putting them at 8-9.

So it's beat the Ravens and/or Browns to have any shot.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 11:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You're right.
The only other way to still win the division with 1-2 is to beat the Ravens.

Ravens would have to beat the Steelers and lose to the Rams, putting them in a tie with Bengals at 9-8.
Steelers would also have to go 1-2, beating the Browns but losing to Ravens and Chiefs, putting them at 8-8-1.
Browns would have to go 1-2, with their only win being against Bengals, putting them at 8-9.

So it's beat the Ravens and/or Browns to have any shot.

Appreciate the run down. Obviously this Ravens game may as well be a playoff game. Almost.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Not only is the AFC North crazy right now,but the AFC as a whole is up for grabs.This has just been a weird season.
Reply/Quote
The weirdest scenario out there becomes possible depending on this Sunday.....

IF

We beat the Rats, the Packers beat the Stains and the Chiefs beat the Stealers

THEN

We can clinch the AFCN with a victory over the Chiefs the following week.
Reply/Quote
Hey I’m just here to say I’m glad this is even being tinkered with around Christmas time.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 08:16 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: So nice you posted twice  Smirk

Yeah I still haven’t figured out this internet thing.
Not worried about it because it’s just another fad that will be soon forgotten.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 12:24 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Hey I’m just here to say I’m glad this is even being tinkered with around Christmas time.

Too true.  So many years the Bengals' season was effectively over with before we even bought the candy for Halloween.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 12:24 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Hey I’m just here to say I’m glad this is even being tinkered with around Christmas time.

Right on. We're exploring playoff scenarios instead of:

1) Posting to fire Zac Taylor
2) Discussing the dastardly ways of Mike Brown
3) Talking about who to take with our top 5 draft pick
4) Making jokes about how the top college team could beat the Bengals

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 11:53 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I’m counting a bye as a playoff win.

I thought our playoff win was getting the first pick of the draft getting Burrow.. No wait..That was our superbowl victory..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Titans losing tomorrow helps us out around 5 percent. Our scenarios are so much better if colts overtake titans in division Colts crush us on tie breakers
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 12:24 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Titans losing tomorrow helps us out around 5 percent. Our scenarios are so much better if colts overtake titans in division Colts crush us on tie breakers

It's really interesting to see how the losses of Derrick Henry and AJ Brown have affected the Titans.

Since Henry went on IR (Nov 1), the team hasn't scored more than 28 points in a game.
They've gone 3-3 in those games after being 6-2 with Henry.

Since AJ Brown also went down, the team hasn't scored more than 20 points in a game, going 1-2 since then.

Julio Jones only has 369 yards and no TDs in 8 games played. He definitely seems past his prime.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
ZT needs to treat as road game. Get on plane on Saturday, fly to Lexington and back, check into a hotel downtown and play like they have on the road all season. I have no idea why we turn the ball over and play worse at home.

Maybe it is the pressure of wanting to win to much for the fans. Smirk
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote