Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playoff Loss #5 Miracle Finish of 2015
They had the top ten miracle finishes of 2015 on NFL Network and the playoff loss was at #5.

It didn't even show the finish, just Hill's fumble.

Just a reminder of how unlikely and how big of a miracle it was of us to blow that game.

Whenever it comes up, I get the same feeling that I had when I was sitting in the crippled section at PBS and it all went down.

The painful life of a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
There were 4 more miraculous finishes last year?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
About those miracles..
If it's free it's advice. If you pay for it it's counseling and if you can use either one it's a miracle.
Everything else is just chance.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm surprised the powers that be can conclude any Bengals playoff loss could be miraculous at all.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2016, 11:10 AM)jason Wrote: There were 4 more miraculous finishes last year?

Given the NFL's hard on for Aaron Rodgers, I imagine both of his Hail Mary passes were on there.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
If our comeback win against Seattle didn't make the list, then it's bunk.

Not sure I would I would define the playoff game as a "miracle". "Debacle" seems much more fitting.

That would be like describing the Seahawks/Packers "Fail Mary" game as a miracle finish.

To me, a miracle finish is something like the Doug Flutie Hail Mary for Boston College. Or coming back from a 20 down in the 4th. Not refs making bad calls (or no calls) or a couple guys losing their composure on a final drive.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2016, 04:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If our comeback win against Seattle didn't make the list, then it's bunk.

Not sure I would I would define the playoff game as a "miracle". "Debacle" seems much more fitting.

That would be like describing the Seahawks/Packers "Fail Mary" game as a miracle finish.

To me, a miracle finish is something like the Doug Flutie Hail Mary for Boston College. Or coming back from a 20 down in the 4th. Not refs making bad calls (or no calls) or a couple guys losing their composure on a final drive.

I would at least settle for the Seattle game as a "best comeback game" candidate. After the second half, everyone gritted out some the best performances they can muster, and put on one hell of a game-winning show.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2016, 08:18 PM)Emphasis Wrote: I would at least settle for the Seattle game as a "best comeback game" candidate. After the second half, everyone gritted out some the best performances they can muster, and put on one hell of a game-winning show.

Down 17 in the 4th. 2nd biggest comeback in Bengals history and it came against the defending NFC champs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2016, 10:45 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: They had the top ten miracle finishes of 2015 on NFL Network and the playoff loss was at #5.

It didn't even show the finish, just Hill's fumble.

Just a reminder of how unlikely and how big of a miracle it was of us to blow that game.

Whenever it comes up, I get the same feeling that I had when I was sitting in the crippled section at PBS and it all went down.

The painful life of a Bengals fan.
Hill's fumble was the finish.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2016, 10:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Down 17 in the 4th. 2nd biggest comeback in Bengals history and it came against the defending NFC champs.

How I was feeling after that game...

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 06:39 PM)tlotharw Wrote: Hill's fumble was the finish.

Agreed.  I don't even know why we bothered to put our defense on the field when we obviously should have just surrendered to an injured Pig Ben in our own house.  The same defense that got an INT and practically knocked him out of the game couldn't be expected to actually defend our home field. Once we failed to just kneel the ball and submit to the Steelers defense we needed to just bend over and let their offense ream us for the win. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 11:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Agreed.  I don't even know why we bothered to put our defense on the field when we obviously should have just surrendered to an injured Pig Ben in our own house.  The same defense that got an INT and practically knocked him out of the game couldn't be expected to actually defend our home field. Once we failed to just kneel the ball and submit to the Steelers defense we needed to just bend over and let their offense ream us for the win. Ninja
Exactly. The fumble by Hill will live in infamy.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 12:01 AM)tlotharw Wrote: Exactly.  The fumble by Hill will live in infamy.

Only to Bengals fans, it seems.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 12:17 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Only to Bengals fans, it seems.

And to NFL Network.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 12:26 AM)tlotharw Wrote: And to NFL Network.

Funny how the Steelers were trailing on the road, had a backup QB, a crippled starting QB, and coughed up the ball in on their 26 yard line and the game wasn't over for them.  We had it won and we collapsed on both sides of the ball.  We blew it.  The Bengals blew it.

Our defense couldn't stop a QB who couldn't throw a football.  But he didn't really need to throw it more than 10 yards because we just let them right in for the win.  Such is life.  
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 12:49 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Funny how the Steelers were trailing on the road, had a backup QB, a crippled starting QB, and coughed up the ball in on their 26 yard line and the game wasn't over for them.  We had it won and we collapsed on both sides of the ball.  We blew it.  The Bengals blew it.

Our defense couldn't stop a QB who couldn't throw a football.  But he didn't really need to throw it more than 10 yards because we just let them right in for the win.  Such is life.  
Hill blew it.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 01:05 AM)tlotharw Wrote: Hill blew it.

No, Landry Jones blew it.  Then Hill blew it.  Then our defense blew it.  And we blew it last, and we blew it most and that's why we lost.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 01:08 AM)Nately120 Wrote: No, Landry Jones blew it.  Then Hill blew it.  Then our defense blew it.  And we blew it last, and we blew it most and that's why we lost.
Hill blew it. No one's close.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 01:08 AM)Nately120 Wrote: No, Landry Jones blew it.  Then Hill blew it.  Then our defense blew it.  And we blew it last, and we blew it most and that's why we lost.

Hard to argue with that. 
Reply/Quote
I've lost all faith in the refs for calling a fair game for our team. They were so concentrated on Burfict that they forgot about the assholes on the other team and let them get away with the same "vigorous plays" that Burfict would be penalized for.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote