Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playoff drought started with Raiders 30 yrs ago
I think its a sign dont you all?
time to get that Bo Jackson curse off our back and move on!
Reply/Quote
The Curse of the Bambino lasted for 86 years. I bet when they were 31 years in Sox fans were pretty blasé about it.

"Relax, any year now the Sahx are gonna win the series, you just watch. Say, where'd you pahk the cahr yuh friggn' r****d?"
"It's only 1949. Why are you speaking like that?"

Aaaaand scene.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 06:34 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: The Curse of the Bambino lasted for 86 years.  I bet when they were 31 years in Sox fans were pretty blasé about it.  

"Relax, any year now the Sahx are gonna win the series, you just watch.  Say, where'd you pahk the cahr yuh friggn' r****d?"
"It's only 1949.  Why are you speaking like that?"

Aaaaand scene.

I am not sure being cursed to not win 1 post season game compares to not winning a world series. Prior to 1969 you had to have the best record in the NL or AL to even make the world series, which is a feat in its own. Then after 1969 you had to win your leagues playoffs to get a chance to get that Bambino curse off your back. All we have to do is win 1 damn game to break our supposed curse.
Reply/Quote
Fitting that it ends with them as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 06:44 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: I am not sure being cursed to not win 1 post season game compares to not winning a world series. Prior to 1969 you had to have the best record in the NL or AL to even make the world series, which is a feat in its own. Then after 1969 you had to win your leagues playoffs to get a chance to get that Bambino curse off your back. All we have to do is win 1 damn game to break our supposed curse.

And THIS game is the only one to do it.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 06:20 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I think its a sign dont you all?
time to get that Bo Jackson curse off our back and move on!

Hopefully Burrow does better than Boomer's day that day.
104 yards and 1 TD passing.
About the only player getting production that day for Bengals was Ickey (73 yards on 11 carries).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 07:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hopefully Burrow does better than Boomer's day that day.
104 yards and 1 TD passing.
About the only player getting production that day for Bengals was Ickey (73 yards on 11 carries).

yea, 104 yds passing isnt going to cut it......
I still remember  being in a  sports bar watching it in Los Angeles and hearing all the pissed off drunk raiders fans curse the Bengals after Kevin Walker injured Bo.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 07:38 PM)kalibengal Wrote: yea, 104 yds passing isnt going to cut it......

Christ, if Burrow has 104 yards passing we're in for a rougher playoff game than some of those Andy Dalton ones!
Reply/Quote
I wonder if Lions fans are rooting for us? I would probably root against them just because it would make us look worse but if we break ours this season ill actively root for them next season.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 09:02 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I wonder if Lions fans are rooting for us? I would probably root against them just because it would make us look worse but if we break ours this season ill actively root for them next season.

They actually have two reasons to root against us:  the active streak and the historical streak.  In the active streak we lead the league with 30 seasons with them second. But on the all-time historical list, we can tie their record of 31 seasons without a win (1960-1991) if we lose Saturday.  We would still have a few years to catch the all-time leaders, the Arizona (St. Louis) Cardinals.  They once went without a playoff win for 38 seasons (1960-1998). The Saints are number two on that list with 33 seasons (1967-2000) and the Lons third at the aforementioned 31. 

Hopefully we win and reset the active list to 0.    
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote