Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Playoffs?! Playoffs?!!!
(11-06-2020, 11:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not "remarkable".  It is 16th in the league.  And one of the guys ahead of him is another rookie who is having to throw the ball almost 40 times a game (Hebert 67.4%).

Herbert is also throwing for more yards per game and has a much higher passer rating than Burrow.

You are such a joy Fred. 
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 12:08 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: You are such a joy Fred. 

If Burrow finishes the season with a 67.0 cmp% it will be higher than our previous QB’s best year (66.1). And we all know how Fred felt about him. Bit inconsistent if you ask me...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 11:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not "remarkable".  It is 16th in the league.  And one of the guys ahead of him is another rookie who is having to throw the ball almost 40 times a game (Hebert 67.4%).

Herbert is also throwing for more yards per game and has a much higher passer rating than Burrow.

Burrow has gone up.against more formidable and better defenses than Hebert has. Colts, Ravens, Chargers, Titans. 
Burrows body of work is just a tad more impressive when
You factor that in.

Look if Carlos Dunless  had actually kept Wentz from reaching 
The endzone Burrow would have another win.add in that ticky
Tack call opening day..thats a win. 
If the defense actually showed up vs Mayfield..thats a win.

I really liked Hebert coming out of Oregon. I would not have 
Been opposed to Cincy drafting him if they traded down in the
Draft. 

But at the moment JB is doing more than Hebert when factor 
In the drama that has gone on with this team and the injuries.

JB isnt elite yet but he is showing many elite skills which hasnt 
Been seen since Carson 2005. 
Reply/Quote

You throw up stats to prove a point and disregard others that disprove your point. Pretty predictable...

Why don't you list all the rookie records he broke so far that Herbert hasn't come close too? Oh that's right cause you would defeat your own post.

Burrow is playing absolutely remarkable for the Offensive Line he has in front of him. 

But you just want to argue cause I would bet the farm if people were saying Herbert is doing great and has a higher passer rating than Burrow you'd be jumping all over them telling the poster how Burrow became the first rookie in NFL history with at least 400 passing yards, three passing touchdowns and a rushing touchdown in a single game.

Or that he is on pace to break the rookie record in passing yards, and the list goes on...
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 11:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not "remarkable".

For a rookie QB, playing behind this OL, it's pretty damn remarkable.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 12:42 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: For a rookie QB, playing behind this OL, it's pretty damn remarkable.

You have to go all the way back to Palmer’s 2005 season (where he was arguably a top 3 QB) to find a Bengals QB with a % that high.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 12:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If Burrow finishes the season with a 67.0 cmp% it will be higher than our previous QB’s best year (66.1). And we all know how Fred felt about him. Bit inconsistent if you ask me...

Axe to grind
Reply/Quote
You don't really need statistics to see that Burrow is "remarkable".  All you need to do is watch the games.  Seeing what Burrow is doing now as a rookie compared to Dalton last year is truly amazing.  If he even had a half-ass OL, he'd be off the charts and this team would be a playoff contender I think.  

Things are coming together and even though we're a losing team, I think I'm having just as much fun watching what's developing as I did in 2015.  I really believe this team is going somewhere special.  Having this kid leading the team is awesome.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 01:12 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: You don't really need statistics to see that Burrow is "remarkable".  All you need to do is watch the games.  Seeing what Burrow is doing now as a rookie compared to Dalton last year is truly amazing.  If he even had a half-ass OL, he'd be off the charts and this team would be a playoff contender I think.  

Things are coming together and even though we're a losing team, I think I'm having just as much fun watching what's developing as I did in 2015.  I really believe this team is going somewhere special.  Having this kid leading the team is awesome.

Bingo

You don't see Burrow manipulating the pocket for 6 seconds before he completes an off the charts pass, under pressure the entire time.

For 17 yards and a 1st down.
Reply/Quote
I know I'm in the minority, but I kind of hope Joe doesn't get ORotY just because he's the type of guy to use that as bulletin board material the entire off-season.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 01:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: I know I'm in the minority, but I kind of hope Joe doesn't get ORotY just because he's the type of guy to use that as bulletin board material the entire off-season.

Our record should be all the motivation he needs.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 12:36 PM)GodFather Wrote: But you just want to argue cause I would bet the farm if people were saying Herbert is doing great and has a higher passer rating than Burrow you'd be jumping all over them telling the poster how Burrow became the first rookie in NFL history with at least 400 passing yards, three passing touchdowns and a rushing touchdown in a single game.

People accuse me of "just liking to argue" buy the fact is that I have to because everyone here is a radical extremist.  Any player/coach that is not a fan favorite is the worst piece of garbage who ever lived and would never even play on another NFL team, and every player that is a fan favorite is the greatest of all time.

I repeatedly say that I like Burrow and think he has what it takes to be a very good NFL QB, but the fact is that he has not won shit or played at an extremely efficient level.  I remember when so many people here said that winning head-to-head matchups with Hall of Fame QBs leading division champion teams meant nothing if it was in the regular season.  Now all Burrow has to do is "almost" beat a mediocre team and that is proof he can win a Super Bowl.  And "great QBs don't need great players around them because they make everyone better" has turned into "He'd be great if he only had a better O-line."

All I do is speak the truth of moderation instead of jumping on the radical extremist positions so many people here have, and I am accuse of "just wanting to argue".  But if I say a player is "not as bad as many people claim" the radical extremists come back with "Fred thinks Bobby Hart is an All-Pro."
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 03:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: everyone here is a radical extremist. 

Why would you waste your time, to the tune of 30k+ posts, conversing with "radical extremists"?  (STRONG word choice, btw)
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 03:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: the fact is that he has not won shit or played at an extremely efficient level. 

Please define "extremely efficient" for me.

Are these games not examples of efficiency?

Phily - 70.4 comp %, 312 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INT's, 105.5 Rating

Cleveland - 74.4 comp %, 412 yards, 3 TD's, 1 INT, 1 Rushing TD, 112.5 Rating

Tennessee - 70.2 comp %, 249 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INT, 106.7 Rating

What are the benchmarks for effeciency?  80%, 450 Yards, 5 TD's?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 03:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: All I do is speak the truth of moderation instead of jumping on the radical extremist positions

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 03:34 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Why would you waste your time, to the tune of 30k+ posts, conversing with "radical extremists"?  (STRONG word choice, btw)

I believe in defending truth.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 03:41 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Please define "extremely efficient" for me.

Are these games not examples of efficiency?

Phily - 70.4 comp %, 312 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INT's, 105.5 Rating

Cleveland - 74.4 comp %, 412 yards, 3 TD's, 1 INT, 1 Rushing TD, 112.5 Rating

Tennessee - 70.2 comp %, 249 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INT, 106.7 Rating

What are the benchmarks for effeciency?  80%, 450 Yards, 5 TD's?

Well if you just look at a players best games then you get back to my original point that Burrow is no better than the average NFL QB this season.

You list three games with a passer rating over 105.  Eight QBs have at least 4 games with a passer rating that high.  Burrow is just 1 of 17 that have had three games with a passer rating over 105.

His highest rated game was 112.5.  This year 25 other QBs have had a game that good.  19 QBs have had multiple games with a passer rating as high as Burrow's single best game.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 03:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote:   And "great QBs don't need great players around them because they make everyone better" has turned into "He'd be great if he only had a better O-line."

No QB in the NFL present or past would be successful with a horrible OL. None, no Montana, Brady, etc....    Burrow is playing amazing with the horrible OL he has in front of him. No other QB has taken as many hits or sacks as him this year with this putrid offensive line. 

Go ahead defend the OL now since Im talking negative about them and you can give me a stat that makes them look like an All Pro OL and its Burrows fault for holding the ball too long.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 04:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I believe in defending truth.

Give me a break.

You believe in finding things to argue about on the internet.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 03:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote:   But if I say a player is "not as bad as many people claim" the radical extremists come back with "Fred thinks Bobby Hart is an All-Pro."

(11-06-2020, 04:53 PM)GodFather Wrote: Go ahead defend the OL now since I'm talking negative about them and you can give me a stat that makes them look like an All Pro OL 

I never thought you would make it this easy to rove my point.Yes

But instead of getting caught up in radical extremism I will just post a simple fact.  This is from after the Ravens game.

"But on the occasions when the offensive line gave Burrow time to throw, he didn't help matters. According to NFL Next Gen, five of his seven sacks took longer than four seconds." 
Reply/Quote